Twas on a Tuesday night the gas man came to call, Bristol (H) 28/02/17 - KO 8pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Twas on a Tuesday night the gas man came to call, Bristol (H) 28/02/17 - KO 8pm

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:37 am

dave the minion wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:08 pm
Jesus wept. Anyone coming in from the cold and reading this would think we are a team languishing in the bottom 3....

Can we have a bit of persepctive please?

Almost to a man on here everyone was predicting a hard struggle this season, with nothing to cheer about.

We are currently sitting 4th in the table with a game or 2 in hand, which if we win takes us to 2nd. Even if we don't win, there is currectly daylight between us and the teams below, so all is not lost is it surely?

Yes, we've had a fairly rotten run of it in recent weeks, but lets also not forget that we are up sh1t creek financially, which has led to the embargo not yet being lifted and massive restrictions on what we can and can't do. We couldn't re-loan our most creative player of the end of last year (Ameobi) and we had to sell Clough. We've also had a horrendous injury record, and as a result of players not being able to be rotated we are now suffering the suspensions form the inevitable accumulation of cards.

But f*ck me - can we all wake up and smell the bisciuts? We are actually doing alright you know? We are in the play offs, potentially 2nd, and have a manager who - for the first time in years - actually seems to know how to defend and how to win games. I notice those who are having a pop at the manager and the players haven't offered a better alternative yet either.....

Come on - quick straw poll - if you'd been offered to be in the current league position at the start of the season, given all the limitations we have - who wouldn't have taken it???

I thoroughly agree mate, considering where the club is, I don't think we're doing too bad. We were bloody crap and they played really well, but we each got the same amount of points from the game didn't we?

I do think should have varied the play but who have we got who can do that?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Twas on a Tuesday night the gas man came to call, Bristol (H) 28/02/17 - KO 8pm

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:44 pm

We got absolutely twatted
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"