It's all warming up at the Greenhous - Shrewsbury (A) 25/03/17

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: It's all warming up at the Greenhous - Shrewsbury (A) 25/03/17

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:20 pm
Aye, Taylor or Wheater head and shoulders above the rest for me.
Vela and Beevers fighting it out for 3rd place.
Wow. Hard to separate Wheats and Beevs. First half of the season Beevers was better. Think he's struggled ever so slightly more in a back 3.

Vela's had an immense season, but for me there is the odd game he probably goes missing in that means he just misses out.

Taylor is the most consistent player we've got. And probably the one who could play at the highest level (its a mystery to me why he's in league one).

Having said all that, if things continue as they are and we go up, could anyone look past Morais for this award? The stats alone up to this point for the number of assists are insane.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

They're the stand-out four for me too. Beevers was immense pre-Christmas and I think has suffered from the curse of being left-footed (ie. he got shunted wide as we went to a three meaning he gets pulled into areas he doesn't like. I'm sure he'd prefer to be the central one and stay in that area). Wheater also fantastic all season. I've been a fan of his the whole time he has been here, and glad to see him doing well, but prepared to give a lot of credit to Beevers as he's the one who has come in afresh and suddenly there is that up-turn.

Taylor fantastic. 7/10 minimum every game. Never lets you down. A full-back who can defend, imagine!

Vela an absolute revelation. Looks fitter, much stronger, taking responsibility and adding goals.

IMO: 1) Beevers, 2) Wheater, 3) Vela, 4) Taylor.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wow. Hard to separate Wheats and Beevs. First half of the season Beevers was better. Think he's struggled ever so slightly more in a back 3.

Vela's had an immense season, but for me there is the odd game he probably goes missing in that means he just misses out.

Taylor is the most consistent player we've got. And probably the one who could play at the highest level (its a mystery to me why he's in league one).

Having said all that, if things continue as they are and we go up, could anyone look past Morais for this award? The stats alone up to this point for the number of assists are insane.
Wow?
We are of a pretty similiar view mate; other than for me Beevers has made the odd mistake (and I mean odd one or two) and had maybe the odd 6/10 game. Wheats has been 7/10 minimum in every game, played most games, and been a real mature presence on/off the pitch as well. Puts him above the rest IMO.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Aha! I'd missed BWFCi's post. Is that the "balanced view" again :D.

I understand the point about Beevers but the performances I've seen where Wheater has been the better have been since we changed to 3 (which has put more pressure on Beevers). If Dervite/Derik/Thorpe was left-footed you'd probably have seen Wheater out exosed on the right and Beevers protected in the middle. Before Christmas they were both brilliant but Beevers the better IMO. Couldn't really argue with either of them or Taylor winning it though.

Big Phil probably 5th on the list which is pretty outstanding given his first assist only came a month ago today!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm
Aha! I'd missed BWFCi's post. Is that the "balanced view" again :D.

I understand the point about Beevers but the performances I've seen where Wheater has been the better have been since we changed to 3 (which has put more pressure on Beevers). If Dervite/Derik/Thorpe was left-footed you'd probably have seen Wheater out exosed on the right and Beevers protected in the middle. Before Christmas they were both brilliant but Beevers the better IMO. Couldn't really argue with either of them or Taylor winning it though.

Big Phil probably 5th on the list which is pretty outstanding given his first assist only came a month ago today!
^^ That'd make Madine at least 6th... JSL :fishing:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm

You could make a case for Spearing to be in there, could you not?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm
You could make a case for Spearing to be in there, could you not?
Alnwick has also made a good few saves last couple of games - the one against Oxford, probably kept us in the game....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

I like Jay, hope we keep him, think he's had a good year. Nowhere near for me.

Alnwick, would be surprised if there's a better #2 keeper in the league, came in did well. Still worries me a bit. Take Oxford, world class save...got him to neutral. Nowhere near for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm
officer_dibble wrote:

Wow?
We are of a pretty similiar view mate; other than for me Beevers has made the odd mistake (and I mean odd one or two) and had maybe the odd 6/10 game. Wheats has been 7/10 minimum in every game, played most games, and been a real mature presence on/off the pitch as well. Puts him above the rest IMO.
Wow was only in reference to how difficult I. My head it was to separate Beevers and Wheater on performances as both have been great!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Fair does thought you were mocking my choice!

As for Spearo TD he has been decent when fit but for me the 3 defenders listed plus vela have been stand out!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm
Fair does thought you were mocking my choice!

As for Spearo TD he has been decent when fit but for me the 3 defenders listed plus vela have been stand out!
Oh, I agree. It's all like a jigsaw puzzle; you realise, somewhere along the line, that all the bits of sky and grass round the edges become just as important as the flashy bits in the middle. I'm just glad it's working so well whatever which way. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?