Latic Acid Test. Oldham Athletic - Away. Sat 15th Apr 17 @ 12.30

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Latic Acid Test. Oldham Athletic - Away. Sat 15th Apr 17 @ 12.30

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Predictable. 1 goal scored in last 4. Can't play with no presence up front. Le Fondre, Long, Clayton - don't do anything useful outside the box.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:54 pm

So THATS the Morais Bradford released...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:56 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:54 pm
So THATS the Morais Bradford released...
He did ok today. Not his best. Hard when you are crossing for midgets.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 pm

We have been too predictable. Our only tactic at the moment is to give the ball to Morais hoping he will deliver a fantastic cross. One dimensional.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:02 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 pm
We have been too predictable. Our only tactic at the moment is to give the ball to Morais hoping he will deliver a fantastic cross. One dimensional.
Agreed. But what? Struggling to see what other options we have.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:20 pm

On another day we might have scored two or three. The pressure is starting to ramp up a bit now but with the players that we have out, particularly Madine, we were probably always going to end up crawling over the line if we do get there. Let's just hope that come Wednesday morning things are looking a lot better.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:48 pm

feck it. I'm in a pub next to the Stadium of Light and a bit tipsy. I'm joining Team Insane. The negative get was right. We're finishing 5th.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:49 pm

*mackemland not Lisbon

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm
Bit worrying that Parky can't seem to get a team to win without a big striker!
My thoughts exactly!

Looks more and more like the 'does what it says on the tin' type.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Genuinely thought the team selection equated to a centre half up top before kick off.

My thinking is we need Madine mentally now. Claytons shit. Proper shit. Just doesnt look anything like.

They had a centre half making his debut who has been on loan at non league, and we just didnt bother them. Long at least has pace, the gaps in behind the full backs were massive - thats why I think Morais was shit - positionally, particularly at 10 men - we should of stretches them wide. Instead our muppets crowded in the middle.

First half we were well on top. Should of scored. Piss poor delivery. Second was just chaos, and needed calm heads. We lost ours completely. Got it wrong totally. Could be 1 point and mass panicking Tuesday. Particularly of Madine and Taylor arent fit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm
Bit worrying that Parky can't seem to get a team to win without a big striker!
My thoughts exactly!

Looks more and more like the 'does what it says on the tin' type.
The players we have are that type. We need a target up front. Haven't got much else in this squad. We are workmanlike and organised. And that is it. Without Madine we clearly lack any way of opening teams up.

We played very well first half, lots of decent football. But there isn't anyone special to make the most of possession.

Nothing Parky can do about that. Suspect taking Long over someone who can do Madine's job may be the biggest mistake Parky has made. I'd not hang him for that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:01 pm
Genuinely thought the team selection equated to a centre half up top before kick off.

My thinking is we need Madine mentally now. Claytons shit. Proper shit. Just doesnt look anything like.

They had a centre half making his debut who has been on loan at non league, and we just didnt bother them. Long at least has pace, the gaps in behind the full backs were massive - thats why I think Morais was shit - positionally, particularly at 10 men - we should of stretches them wide. Instead our muppets crowded in the middle.

First half we were well on top. Should of scored. Piss poor delivery. Second was just chaos, and needed calm heads. We lost ours completely. Got it wrong totally. Could be 1 point and mass panicking Tuesday. Particularly of Madine and Taylor arent fit.
Aye. Madine isn't fit according to Parky.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:02 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Aye. Madine isn't fit according to Parky.
Thought Proctor was acquired for that very purpose.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm

He (procter) is shit
Wilkinson is sub lump but he's shit
Claytons ineffective
Long has to start - only one that looks anything like
Bit of a dilemma really if he isnt fit

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Made Mondays game a dead rubber for Sheff U as well

Good day for Bradford :-/

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:24 pm

We're crying out for proctor now, shit as he's been. He'd definitely improve us. Madine is shit too in many ways but indispensable it seems.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:28 pm

I know there is a bit of a running joke about me being negative, and I am superstitious. But it surprises me that we have so many long term fans on here that people couldn't see this coming a mile off.

We are still in a good position. The issue we have is a) a terrible, like bottom of the league record without Madine. b) now got into a nervy position. These players have proven in the past they aren't good with pressure and expectancy,

I would still be disappointed if we don't do it, however, it is possible we won't. And has been since we lost at Scunny. We are a streaky side. This sadly does have the feel of another bad streak.

We've only scored 1 goal in 4 games and that a last minute set piece winner. That's the issue again. How do we score goals with these players? I don't see an obvious answer. Have to keep plugging away and hope.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:32 pm

We actually didn't play that bad especially 1st half, Spearing excellent & Derik played well, but Moxey & Howard were poor IMO - but why only start with ALF up front on his own on that pitch ?

Slight blip today, but I'm staying positive we are still in a fantastic position - we are going up at Port Vale....

I still don't rate PP though, especially tactically - if we can only win when we play direct to Madine / big target man, why on earth did he sign Long and the lad from Brum in the Jan transfer window, why not try and get another big target man if PP can only play one way.

Also, something isn't quite right with regards to the Madine situation - last week him & Taylor were close to starting today, now its Taylor should start on Tues but Madine is still very doubtful - its only a shoulder injury FFS, surely strong painkillers should get him through a game especially with what's at stake - but IMO definitely more to this Madine situation than just a shoulder injury.

If Madine is out on Tues, he needs to play 2 up front and start Long with ALF

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:38 pm

I think he is bullshitting a bit, both travelled with team in tracksuits. I suspect neither were risked because of the closeness of tuesdays game when today was a bit of a 'gimmie' in that we still have the points cushion.

You are right in that it shows him up a bit not finding another way to score/win. I do feel for PP who had to juggle his pack after having his team picked apart through transfers and injury.

Also agree in tht we played well 11 v 11. Its shit with the clueless moxey on one side. Only thing he is good at is throw ins. The lad from brum should of been on bench and could have made a difference. Henry just cut inside from the left and that played right into their hands. We should have stretched them out wide.

Only one goal in 4 tells its own story though and we will need to score at least 2 in 3 to go up...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Maybe Wheater up top might not be such a bad idea after all, he'd put it about with more menace than Nadine would. :D