Bolton v Burton, who'll show their true pedigree and who'll end up bitter? H Sat 16/Dec

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Burton, who'll show their true pedigree and who'll end up bitter? H Sat 16/Dec

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Sunderland are a basket case. But you don't have to do much currently to get out of it. I expect they will be able to attract better players in January than the rest as they may spend no transfer fees, but they will probably have more for loans available than the rest down there given their parachute payments. They only need win a few back to back games, to probably be safe, given the form of everyone else.

I think they'll get out of it, given they do have some quality to be unlocked still and will add to it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Burton, who'll show their true pedigree and who'll end up bitter? H Sat 16/Dec

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:15 pm

They need to keep it tight at the back. They've got goals i them. It's the other end that's the problem. Coleman sorts that and they'll climb out in no time.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm
Sunderland are a basket case. But you don't have to do much currently to get out of it.
Not sure I agree here, Fella. We had a decent run of late but it was only when we beat Barnsley that we managed to crawl out of the bottom three.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm
Sunderland are a basket case. But you don't have to do much currently to get out of it.
Not sure I agree here, Fella. We had a decent run of late but it was only when we beat Barnsley that we managed to crawl out of the bottom three.
Yeah but that was because of our terrible start. We're 4th bottom with 16 points from 21. I believe at the same stage last season 4th bottom had 22 points.

Certainly you don't need to win many as it stands with the form of the bottom 5. All averaging below a point a game. Conventional wisdom is 50 points (like the 40 point premiership target) usually sees you safe, but at the ratio the bottom 4 are currently on ~36 points sees you potentially safe. That is crazy low. Odds are at least one can accelerate to 1ppg or more second half of the season and be more than safe.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Sunderland are dreadful, have that stench of decline we took so long to shift, attracted a manager v proven see this level who couldn't do anything about it and have appointed another with the many Q marks DSB has identified.

That manager says they have no dosh and they will likely lose their top scorer in Jan.

Of course they could turn it around but I'd rather be us than them right now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am

Morning paper says Pratley is a doubt; hasn't trained this week. We may have to search for the key to the Karacan cupboard, or put Cullen alongside Henry for what would resemble a lads'n'dads game.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... ion_clash/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am
Morning paper says Pratley is a doubt; hasn't trained this week. We may have to search for the key to the Karacan cupboard, or put Cullen alongside Henry for what would resemble a lads'n'dads game.

Might be better it happening in this game than others. Could also be a surprise waiting to happen.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am

Might be better it happening in this game than others. Could also be a surprise waiting to happen.
I've been impressed with Pratley recently. Big loss in this game if he's out.

I'd like to see Karacan in if he is, but I suspect we'll struggle massively without Pratley in there. He's formed a good partnership with Henry.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Yeah I would go with Karacan, find it odd how poor he was before he got dropped - he looked a cut above when he came in last season and he’s played at a better level than this. Something not right there.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Karacan is shite. Would rather see Vela there with Buckley ahead. Good direct runner Buckley, but he WILL tire if he's asked to do Vela's role

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Has Karacan played since we sacked off 5 at the back? Absolutely thankless task playing in CM then, albeit sounds like he plumbed new levels of shite.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm

He was never within 20 yards of the play, ran around trying to kick people off the ball and looked utterly useless and knackered doing it

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Been supporting Bolton for a tidy few years now, but I never thought that playing Burton Albion would be a game so important to win. Pay them respect then, by all means, but squashing them is the name of the game. We can't afford to do otherwise. 1-0 or 10-0 matters to us not just so long as we get the points. Pratley is being mentioned as maybe fit enought to play, so I'm seeing an unchanged team apart from Wheats back in if he's fit....maybe. Not sure. Anyway, COME ON YOU WHITES......... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Not likely to be many goals so now would be a great time for our first (?) clean sheet
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:02 pm

1B809D39-D22F-44C6-8CA8-66335AE9F204.jpeg
1B809D39-D22F-44C6-8CA8-66335AE9F204.jpeg (137.3 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Darby :|

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm
Darby :|
Dear god. I'd forgotten about him.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Little has a groin strain.

We’ve had two clean sheets IIRC - at Brum and Preston. Didn’t win either.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:54 pm

So is Little injured? It was said that Alf has some complaint, but no mention to now was made via Darby for Little. Maybe Parky is not taking chances and saving him a bit for Cardiff game? . Anyway, brew on, heavy breathing done, boots laced up and and almost ready. Come on ref, let's be having it...