Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Just remember; without the ball, Lionel Messi is just another man in football kit . It's the message... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 am

Incidentally can't find any evidence that there is a Q&A before this game as I originally stated, I am sure I read somewhere that one was scheduled. Could be early onset senility...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:56 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 am
Incidentally can't find any evidence that there is a Q&A before this game as I originally stated, I am sure I read somewhere that one was scheduled. Could be early onset senility...
After selling our top scorer I’m fairly sure Ken won’t be fancying it too much. Suspect it’s been cancelled. Was definitely on a couple of weeks ago.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am

Not feeling confident at all. Can see them tonking us (again). We can’t change how we play overnight and this lot are a decent side. We need to keep hold of the ball and not be chasing shadows to have a chance.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:22 am

There's been SOOOOOO much dribble written about the transfers. Drawn out, laden, dull text, i'm over that. Implications simplifications. It's Game Day. Who is fit for tonight? Who is facing a late fitness test? Are any of the four loanees match-fit? I know Clough hasn't had many minutes at Forest, and I'm assuming Walker hasn't either if they've let him out on loan. COME ON YOU WHITES!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 pm

SAM's prediction
Home win 25% Draw 27% Away win 48%

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Pin that shit on the dressing room wall, Parky. What is it about 48%...? :hang:

Match facts
Bolton have not lost at home to Bristol City since August 1994, winning three and drawing one since in all competitions.
Bristol City have won their last two Championship meetings with Bolton by an aggregate score of 8-0.
Phil Parkinson's last home league meeting against Bristol City was in April 2015 as Bradford manager - the Bantams lost 6-0 in League One, Parkinson's heaviest ever defeat as a manager.

What is it about that 6-0 scoreline....! Tin Hat time at the Macron tonight.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

SAM is up there with "expected goals" and VAR as my current answer to the question, "what is everything wrong with modern football?".

It makes me bristle (boom).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Woke up this morning and had absolutely no idea what the team tonight could look like. Very strange and uncomfortable feeling. A draw would seem to be a great result.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm
Woke up this morning and had absolutely no idea what the team tonight could look like. Very strange and uncomfortable feeling. A draw would seem to be a great result.
Absolutely no idea at all?
Attack of the Hyperbole Martians causing zintillions of casualties.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Media hints indicate early baptisms for the new lads after a general chat with the team and individual views from the senior players (source, Sun article) . Attack em, hassle em in our defensive areas and pay no undue respect. A win tonight could really kick us on. Nobody's expecting it, so hide in plain sight (as the script writers love to say) and ambush em at the pass. It can be done..... :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 pm

A draw would be outstanding. I fear we're going to get royally thrashed though.

It was a tough game had we gone in with Madine and a strong squad.

Trying to face one of the best teams in this division and accomodate new players 2 days after they signed is a nightmare, especially when you've lost your only current goalscorer to boot.

We historically under Parkinson have a slump after transfer windows as he integrates and reforms the side - not his fault the club offers no stability. I'm hopeful that this time that slump will be minimised given all 4 players have played some football this season (albeit Flanagan just 1 game).

However, tonight I feel will be a nightmare barring something spectacular from someone. Probably young Zach if anyone.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 pm

By historically you mean last January? 🤔😉

No I agree really - despite one player signed having played here under this manager it’s a whole mindset change for the squad, assuming we don’t sign this Kramer chap as a target man. It will take some bedding in - unfortunately it’s not losing ground on the team in 1st it’s the team in 21st we are trying to catch.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Jon Patrick Flanagan. Scored one goal in his entire pro career. On those stats alone my money's on him scoring first tonight (of course, Parky needs to pick him in the side for this to be a possibility).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 pm
By historically you mean last January? 🤔😉

No I agree really - despite one player signed having played here under this manager it’s a whole mindset change for the squad, assuming we don’t sign this Kramer chap as a target man. It will take some bedding in - unfortunately it’s not losing ground on the team in 1st it’s the team in 21st we are trying to catch.
And the start of this season really.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I wonder if the 300 had one of Insaney's relations in their army? :shock:

:lol:

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 pm

team news out soon - i hope to god that parky doesnt select the blind donkey stump waste of a shirt up front
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 14236 times

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 pm
team news out soon - i hope to god that parky doesnt select the blind donkey stump waste of a shirt up front
Narrow it down... :P

Looks like back three with Derik/Henry holding plus Vela, Ameobi, Walker in some arrangement afore them.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 pm

ahh -- relief Wilbraham hasn't even made the bench
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 pm

I bet not many predicted that.

I thought he might go back to 352 (Little and Robinson didn’t get a go in it really earlier in the season), but I didn’t think Ameobi would be deployed up top. He hasn’t looked like scoring for a while.

No ALF or Zach in the team either, that will go down well.