Skidding up to 18th, or will our Championship drift north, end? BWFC v Preston 3/3/18 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Skidding up to 18th, or will our Championship drift north, end? BWFC v Preston 3/3/18 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:24 pm

We have a bit of a sally, some this and that and a wallop that Beeversa clears. They come again and...Woods and...Morais tries to break. Visitors making plenty noise from the sound of it. Ro0bbo clears, Peareson picks up, Cunningham robbed by Dervite and Sammi....gets a free kick. Come on lads, Kirchuff and Alf look to enter the fray. Rudd, Cunningham. Mic lads chat and...Beevers clears. Prats, Morais and....we get a free kick, they get a yellow. Walker leaves for Alf, Karajan leaves for the new Kirchoff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Skidding up to 18th, or will our Championship drift north, end? BWFC v Preston 3/3/18 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Bowden leaves, replaced by McGuire and.....we got a sally and a cross on goal, but Rudd saves. Pearson, Woods, out and....liner misses a corner call. Other end, they clear and....liner misses out again and....we have a goal kick. We want three points here lads, come on, we can do it....Dervite, Alf now and a throw to us. Another sub themn. Sammi and Dervite send one in, but to no avail. Throw them and....they sally....Kirchoff clears, Prats goes forth and...the liner gives another bum throw to them. McGuire does a Newton, ref ignores....they get a throw and...Woods leaves for Harrop.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 pm

They get a free kick and..a bit of chat abour our new lad...He does well, then Wheats has to whack it clear. Back it goes to Ben and....the noise levels rise but they are offside. Keeper clears, they sally forth, Brown...Wheats, McGuire....Robbo clears, they come back and Ben has it. Now would be a good time to score lads, 20 to go......Come on, let's put some pressure on them. Sammi launchers a throw. Dervite, Sammi and....loses out and they get a goal kick. Robbo clears but not well. Offside them as the try for a pen shout. Mic lads chat, then....a free them, they clear and....Beevers heads clear. Robbo, Vela, Kirchoff, Brown, all this and that, then they get a throw. Now, they throw again and....some scores and...come on mic lads, clue us in? They get a corner off a poor Wheats clearance and......Dervite clears...luckily.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Their Robinson scuffles on e ion . 2-1 to them. :evil:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Fffffffffs
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Oh shit. Was about to say sounds like a decent game. But it's not, it's (in a sulky voice) a rubbish game... C'mon lads, draws a minimum today please. Miwwaw scored btw

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:45 pm

That's a right kick in the nuts from a sub, McGuire.....Another soft goal given away. Come on lads, show some teeth. Vela shoots and....it's palmed clear. They have a throw now and mic man talks pessimism. That feel to a visitor with Prats cvoming in. Come on, not acceptable lads, we want a win.....Vela....Morais...Kirchoff....Beevers, Prats and....they clear. Ben wallops, Prats clears, Sammi feeds Alf, Pratley, Sammi, Dervite, Kirchoff.....Vela and....Prats, Sammi and....Rudd catches it. Robbo, Wheats, Ben wallops...they clear, Wheats knocks it back, Wheats feeds Alf, Dervite, Vela loses out and they , according to mic man, are shutting up shop. Bollox to that, we want a goal. We clear, Davies blocks, keeper clears.Free kick against Beevers and...Wilbraham enters for Prats.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Can Wilbraham be a hero.....?.....Come on.....it isn't lost yet, get the ball in the net....Free kick them and...mic man reckons a bit of time-wasting going on. And.....Gallagher and...Harrop and.....Vela, us, them, we lose it, they come and win another corner. Are we up for this or not? Ae they better than us? Come on lads, come on.....and....Robinson, McGuire...and....Robinson goes ofside. Ben wallops it forth and...they make a last sub. Galagher for Earle?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:53 pm

COME ON LADS......COME ON......mic lads go negative mumbling.....not me, we can get that goal...Ben wallops, Sammi...and some more ....4 mins added. Vela, they clear, Kirchoff and a throw them. We can do it. All it needs is love....badu, badum badum....we clear...they clear, we clear and Harrop and they nail it up as McGuire makes it 3-1. Fxcking rubbish. :evil:

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:56 pm

We're still staying up - i can feel it in my water... am off to the pub
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm

The fine margins we've been on the right side of bit us well and truly on the arse today.

We were truly awful. Our use of possession was criminal and against a good side, who gratefully mopped up every aimless hoof, we were always going to struggle.

Positives - Pratley played OK and will have improved on his fitness. Kirchoff looks like he can play and actually find a white shirt when he has the ball (we'll soon knock that out of him), we're another week nearer the end of the season.

That is without doubt the coldest I've ever been at a football match
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Dreadful first half. Second half - we were as shit as we were in the first half and they were quite good. They were organised and we were a buggers muddle.

Bright spot = the new chap.

PS. Harry's never been to The Hawthorns in January. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 pm

That performance was absolute dog shite. Hoof each time a player got the ball straight to the opposition. Well played Preston you gave our lads a lesson. Hope they learned something from it.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

1st home game for me since Sept - hence me not commenting on games for the last 4-5 months....and I won't post again until the end of the season. But feck me that was dire.....It'll also be the last for me until Parkinson gets sacked - we should be done under trades description for saying that's football - how come almost every other team can knock the ball about & play football, and despite us not having Madine we still play constant boring, predictable hoof ball - bringing Wilbraham on at the end just so sums Parkinson up - he's a long ball manager who can't play any sort of passing football - Preston played us off the park 2nd half because we couldn't pass the ball 10 yards without launching it, no cohesion / no movement / no football.....but more importantly no pace, going forward or defending we are just so fecking slow.

Like HG says - Kirchhoff looks a footballer, he's composed and can pass but give him 2 weeks and Parkinson will drop him if he refuses to launch it at every opportunity. I really hope that we stay up somehow, but if we do somehow manage it Parkinson has to go otherwise its same again next season & the season after that - Parkinson hasn't got a clue how to play football apart from long ball shite - we played no different today than we did with Madine, awful tactics & management from the boring as feck Parkinson.

Vela & Ameobi were awful (2 out of 10 at best). We must have the best training pitch in all 4 leagues, and the groundsman must win award after award because the way we train during the week the ball must never touch the pitch / floor in training - the ball is like a hot potato.

Parkinson is such a limited tactically poor manager / coach - KA could give him Neymar, Messi, Salah & Sane and he'd still play hoof ball football....because he simply can't coach or play football that involves passing the ball on the floor.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Table makes me nervous. We need to give someone a good tonking for sake of gd and I honestly don't think that's gonna happen. Guess it's all about somehow staggering over the finishing line in a slightly worse position than the shite around us. Kirchoff sounds the singular positive from today

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Parkinson gets a lot of credit for me. He has a lot to contend with and has done well to get us up to 19th with the bad start we had. But he sure got his tactics wrong today. Why on earth did he put Dervite at right back in the 2nd half? He got done for pace all the time..and bringing Wilbraham on instead of Zach where we needed to push for a goal was head scratching time for me. Parkinson lost us this game imo

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 pm

I was surprised to see Dervite at right back and my worst fears were confirmed when he was skinned for the equaliser. That said, we were bloody awful for pretty much all of the game. That's the coldest I have ever been since we won 2-0 at Hartlepool in the early 1990's with the wind whipping in off the North Sea, thanks to the demolished stand and constant snow! Snowed all the bloody way home too.

There is no way that we can keep scraping wins/draws by the absolute skin of our teeth. The next 2 away games are absolutely crucial. I think we have to take a minimum of 4 points if we are going to survive, when you take our remaining home games into consideration.

The only highlight today was the funniest thing that I have ever seen on a football pitch, when Ameobi's clearance knocked 2 Preston players clean off their feet. :lol:

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Ok, Preston were good but, so were Fulham and the lads put in a far better performance than today. Can't keep blaming the opposition for being better than we are. We simply have to beat what is placed in front of us.
Scoring goals has been the problem for years and it's continued throughout this term.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Never was happy when I saw the line up. 4-2-3-1 or 5-4-1 gives us the best hope to survive. 3-5-2 leaves us too open and Preston exploited that to maximum effect by playing the flanks behind the wingbacks. We do not have ball playing midfielders so we lump it forward. We needed Wilbraham out there from the beginning since we play that way. At least he is a big presence to keep the Centre Backs occupied. Ameobe, Walker, Alf, Clough are useless when we play like that. We have been fortunate recently with 3-5-2 with Alnwick being the hero, but not even he could save us today. Not sure what Vela brings but Phil clearly likes him. As far as I am concerned he is not the same player he was before his serious injury.

Phil based on comments doesnt seem to think that much of our newly signed forward, but I do hope he can play the Madine role better than the other forwards we have.

I hope on Tuesday we play 4 at the back with Flannagan and Taylor at full back. Henry partners Kirchhoff in front of them with Clough, Ameobi and Karacan linking with Wilbraham or Obasi up front.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Ha Ha BP, yes the Ameobi incident had everyone laughing near us...they went down like skittles!! :)