The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Rjs37 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:48 am

Whatever the case, tomorrow is going to be a very critical (and interesting) day.
Hopefully a few questions will at least be answered. Like what's happened to the money we've raised from selling assets.

Also if I recall, HMRC were pushing incredibly hard for insolvency last time around, can't see them being any less aggressive this time.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:57 am

Given the sale of Euxton and the car park HMRC will surely expect payment in full. Why would they give a further extension when a sale still seems miles away. If they issue a winding up order then we then have time to pay? I've had enough of ED games. It's time to end this one way or another. I'm still convinced he has no interest in selling. He will bleed every penny he can from us and giving the club away doesn't achieve that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:11 am

We are asking for a 7 day extension. So fingers crossed. I know for a fact that we could have avoided this as sports shield were ready to complete weeks ago then ED changed demands at the last minute.

That's the annoying thing. We are risking it today when there wasn't any need. Especially if sports shield do end up buying the club.

Edit: Bolton News story

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14292 ... ers_today/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:39 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:We are asking for a 7 day extension. So fingers crossed. I know for a fact that we could have avoided this as sports shield were ready to complete weeks ago then ED changed demands at the last minute.

That's the annoying thing. We are risking it today when there wasn't any need. Especially if sports shield do end up buying the club.

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14292 ... ers_today/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

of course you do!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We are asking for a 7 day extension. So fingers crossed. I know for a fact that we could have avoided this as sports shield were ready to complete weeks ago then ED changed demands at the last minute.

of course you do!
Well what is your prediction today then? Admin? liquidation? Or it'll all be reet?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 am

I've given up believing anything he says... the only thing missing from that piece of bullshit is his usual 48 hours byline...
What does it even mean*? that article rambles on both about administration and Sports Shield taking over, it's nonsense.
* rhetoric
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

of course you do!
Well what is your prediction today then? Admin? liquidation? Or it'll all be reet?

it'll be reet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:59 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I've given up believing anything he says... the only thing missing from that piece of bullshit is his usual 48 hours byline...
What does it even mean*? that article rambles on both about administration and Sports Shield taking over, it's nonsense.
* rhetoric
The Bolton News are claiming that we need to convince the court we have a genuine takeover that will go through if given a few extra days. Otherwise we will ask for a 2 hour delay to apply for voluntary admin. That is apparently the scenarios the club are preparing for.

Of course beyond all that the court could decide to accept neither and go straight for liquidation.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

* rhetoric
This is how much Iles knows - i.e. fxck all :
Following a request for an interview with #bwfc board, I have now submitted a list of questions. Hopefully have some answers on Monday.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

of course you do!
My prediction for today is Eddie Davies won't pay the tax bill

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 am

What time are we due in court?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:10 am

ChrisC wrote:What time are we due in court?
between 10:30 and lunchtime. Most petitions are fairly fast, a lot are uncontested, whist the contested ones have usually supplied the paperwork from both sides prior to the barristers standing up and giving their synopsis. it's extremely unusual for a petition to take longer than twenty minutes, so the outcome should be known before 12 o'clock
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:12 am

session starts 10.30 - but you'll see there are a few before us

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court ... winding-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

notice ipswich are in the list as well

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:42 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court ... winding-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously number 52 wasn't what it claimed to be...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 am

Andy Waller wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

Obviously number 52 wasn't what it claimed to be...
Probably was in 1968 though... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:56 am

The Bolton News has learned that Mr Davies will continue to gain an income even after his departure via fixed payments from TV and central Football League funding for every season Wanderers spend in the Championship or Premier League for the next five years.

Another term of the deal will guarantee the Isle of Man-based owner his place in the directors’ box and use of a suite, which is to be renamed after him, in the future.
Good old Eddie! :vomit:
Please name a lamp post near the stadium after him, I'll buy a dog and let it piss on it!
Just go Mr Edward 'vanity' Davies, I hope they name a suite then nail it up shut!
You know I find myself wishing admin upon us, just to rid the club of slime ball Davies, good old Eddie? Fcuk off!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 am

And number 47!! Ipswich town,,are they up shit creek as well? Micmac will be upset!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 am

Looks like an adjournment has taken place to allow HMRC to go over a 'witness statement' that has been lodged today. Probably not take long and the case should recommence shortly...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:07 am

jonnycooper wrote:And number 47!! Ipswich town,,are they up shit creek as well? Micmac will be upset!
Football's up shit creek.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:07 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Looks like an adjournment has taken place to allow HMRC to go over a 'witness statement' that has been lodged today. Probably not take long and the case should recommence shortly...
Hopefully the statement isn't a description of Deano pen in hand ready to sign in the box, only to miss and spoil the contract.......