The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Did anybody else just hear Eddie Davies on SKY?

Asked about Lennon.. "I like him" then silence. As if to indicate the new powers that be think otherwise.

Also Eddie has confirmed he is getting £1 up front. Possible 15 mil will come dependent on club league status.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that Lennon will be gone as soon as Deano et al get the chance.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

There's a witch over there, what shall we do baying mob??

Burn them, burn them.

Err actually that wasn't a witch, we have better intelligence. But. There is a witch over there....what shall we do baying mob???

Repeat ad infinitum.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:47 pm

ChrisC wrote:Asked about Lennon.. "I like him" then silence. As if to indicate the new powers that be think otherwise.
Here's where so much of communication is not in what's said (or written down).

In isolation, that could mean "I know some fans have been calling for his head, but I like him."

It could mean "Well I like him but it's nowt to do with me any more. No idea whether the new owners like him, I haven't heard a thing."

It could mean exactly as you say.

Or it could mean Eddie likes Neil. Which is nice, considering he gave him a three-year contract when most folks expected 12 months.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:51 pm

ChrisC wrote:Did anybody else just hear Eddie Davies on SKY?

Asked about Lennon.. "I like him" then silence. As if to indicate the new powers that be think otherwise.

Also Eddie has confirmed he is getting £1 up front. Possible 15 mil will come dependent on club league status.
What an absolute bastard!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Beefheart wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Did anybody else just hear Eddie Davies on SKY?

What an absolute bastard!
So who gets the 7.5million?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:04 pm

The conditional fees seem a lot more reasonable if he's taking £1 up front.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Egg-fookin-zackerly.

Same thought pattern - it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume the car park sale is dependent on said land receiving planning for a more valuable use.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: You think I'm selective! Nearly every news story regarding the 'takeover' he has put out included spin and guesswork, most of it pure speculation. He has on occasion managed to include some stuff that has turned out correct, but none of it was exclusive to him.
He has also put out more than one sensationalist article (I can think of four offhand) that turned out to be PURE GUFF.
Again this is a bug bear of mine. He writes an article saying "Admin in 48 hours" because that is what the club told him. The situation changes but he can't go back and change what he wrote two days ago.

Of course he gets things wrong. But to suggest that because he writes something that then isn't the case means he made it up is ridiculous. There is some legitimate criticism of the Bolton News. They didn't even send Iles down to court today. Which is nonsensical. They haven't always written all they know and seem to hint at things on twitter instead of putting it in the paper. In short I don't think they're great for local football coverage. But they are the best source of information we have on BWFC. And again they have got it right. Like it or not, the main thrust of the takeover, who the favourite was and what was going on broadly they had it right.
Bullshit! The club didn't tell him, he made a conjecture. I shall repeat what I posted this morning which is illustrative of the many times over the last couple of months where he's fessed up that he knows nowt:

This is how much Iles knows - i.e. fxck all :
Following a request for an interview with #bwfc board, I have now submitted a list of questions. Hopefully have some answers on Monday.
Oh yeah, and I forgot about how, just five days ago, you were telling the world that Iles was suggesting that ED rocks up at court on Monday detailing fibs that Tamraz was going to be taking over only to dupe the court so as to give the Supporters Trust more time to buy the club. You really did, can you remember that far back, five days?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Anyone else listen to deano on 5 live then? He was t for talking cash and making "false promises". Fair enough. Lennon - he "likes him" but wouldnt discuss if his job was safe. Interpret that how you wish.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: You think I'm selective! Nearly every news story regarding the 'takeover' he has put out included spin and guesswork, most of it pure speculation. He has on occasion managed to include some stuff that has turned out correct, but none of it was exclusive to him.
He has also put out more than one sensationalist article (I can think of four offhand) that turned out to be PURE GUFF.
Again this is a bug bear of mine. He writes an article saying "Admin in 48 hours" because that is what the club told him. The situation changes but he can't go back and change what he wrote two days ago.

Of course he gets things wrong. But to suggest that because he writes something that then isn't the case means he made it up is ridiculous. There is some legitimate criticism of the Bolton News. They didn't even send Iles down to court today. Which is nonsensical. They haven't always written all they know and seem to hint at things on twitter instead of putting it in the paper. In short I don't think they're great for local football coverage. But they are the best source of information we have on BWFC. And again they have got it right. Like it or not, the main thrust of the takeover, who the favourite was and what was going on broadly they had it right.
Bullshit! The club didn't tell him, he made a conjecture. I shall repeat what I posted this morning which is illustrative of the many times over the last couple of months where he's fessed up that he knows nowt:

Following a request for an interview with #bwfc board, I have now submitted a list of questions. Hopefully have some answers on Monday.
Oh yeah, and I forgot about how, just five days ago, you were telling the world that Iles was suggesting that ED rocks up at court on Monday detailing fibs that Tamraz was going to be taking over only to dupe the court so as to give the Supporters Trust more time to buy the club. You really did, can you remember that far back, five days?
No I didn't. I said someone else had tweeted that idea at Iles. Which is as I'm sure you will concede, entirely different.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm

What all this about "nearly in liquidation" - It's binary. Either you are, or you're not. We're currently not. #panicfannies

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh Iles is doing a Q n A on the Bolton News website....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

No I didn't. I said someone else had tweeted that idea at Iles. Which is as I'm sure you will concede, entirely different.
You ran with it, which I'm sure you'll concede is pretty much the same as I said, just alter "that Iles was" to "about what Iles had twittered about"...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 pm

So mark, how much of the takeover were you privvy too?

Errrrrm

Not that he should of been but why would I care what he thinks?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:What all this about "nearly in liquidation" - It's binary. Either you are, or you're not. We're currently not. #panicfannies
"The threat of becoming liquidated was high" is what should have been written.

P.S. Today is the first step to hopefully a better future. I don't think we should be arguing over someone who was or wasn't in the loop.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Not having a go DJBlu but I wonder is it a step towards the future? Only because nowt has been ratified by the Football League and also still not sure what we actually owe and to who
Pfffft.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:What all this about "nearly in liquidation" - It's binary. Either you are, or you're not. We're currently not. #panicfannies
"The threat of becoming liquidated was high" is what should have been written.

P.S. Today is the first step to hopefully a better future. I don't think we should be arguing over someone who was or wasn't in the loop.
Three things.
1. I like arguing.
2. As Confucius should have said it's only a better future if the future turns out better.
3. There isn't a third thing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Gee, I don't care about the mechanics, I'm just glad we still have a club. Over the moon, in fact.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
You ran with it, which I'm sure you'll concede is pretty much the same as I said, just alter "that Iles was" to "about what Iles had twittered about"...
Eh? Iles didn't tweet about it. Someone sent it to him. It was nothing to do with Iles, other than he received a tweet with that being mused.