Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:15 pm

I guess you're not following Nixon's/Iles' tweets at the moment on the "substance" behind the SS bid? If what they're saying is correct, there's bigger problems than ED's demands or assets being sold off...£7.5m allegedly made up of £2.5m actually from consortium, £5m Wonga...@3% per month interest....that wouldn't be dissimilar to the Wonga we'd just paid back - only a bit larger...

It's all looking a bit Michael Knighton only I'm nut sure Deano can do that many keepy-uppies.

On the plus side Iles reporting that maybe the "stumbling block" of ED payments has been resolved between SS and the FL.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I guess you're not following Nixon's/Iles' tweets at the moment on the "substance" behind the SS bid? If what they're saying is correct, there's bigger problems than ED's demands or assets being sold off...£7.5m allegedly made up of £2.5m actually from consortium, £5m Wonga...@3% per month interest....that wouldn't be dissimilar to the Wonga we'd just paid back - only a bit larger...

It's all looking a bit Michael Knighton only I'm nut sure Deano can do that many keepy-uppies.

On the plus side Iles reporting that maybe the "stumbling block" of ED payments has been resolved between SS and the FL.
Nope I haven't. I'm just flitting in and out of these threads at the moment, rather busy at work. Can't procrastinate like I normally do!

Either way all of these delays are worrying.
Sorry - was meant as a response to BWFCi... :oops:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I guess you're not following Nixon's/Iles' tweets at the moment on the "substance" behind the SS bid? If what they're saying is correct, there's bigger problems than ED's demands or assets being sold off...£7.5m allegedly made up of £2.5m actually from consortium, £5m Wonga...@3% per month interest....that wouldn't be dissimilar to the Wonga we'd just paid back - only a bit larger...

Don't see those tweets myself.....

Just seen Nixon say that ED needs to lower his demands or pay off some of the debt himself if the deal is to go through though.

Clear to me that ED has basically made it unaffordable which is why other parties are waiting till admin as Nixon and Iles report.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:46 pm

^^ Look for tweet saying "I wouldn't knock this chap his info is rather good" and "view conversation" 4h ago, on Nixon...

As for Iles "Appears Sports Shield have eliminated some of the issues that were concerning the Football League, presumably those attached to ED #bwfc

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ Look for tweet saying "I wouldn't knock this chap his info is rather good" and "view conversation" 4h ago, on Nixon...

As for Iles "Appears Sports Shield have eliminated some of the issues that were concerning the Football League, presumably those attached to ED #bwfc
Ah. Well sounds like we are screwed either way. Shit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:04 pm

also sounds like if it doesn't go through it isn't just down to the big bad Eddie Davies...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:22 pm

thebish wrote:also sounds like if it doesn't go through it isn't just down to the big bad Eddie Davies...
Perhaps. But also a lot is down to him. He certainly is far from the generous benefactor you want to paint him as. Cold hearted businessman more like.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Appreciate Twitter rumours etc isn't for everyone, but this is the Twitter handle for the bloke claiming Holdsworth borrowing £5 million from some Wonga type company for the bid

http://www.twitter.com/ANOther98085773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First person to follow him was Iles.

Wonder if it's someone inside the club.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:also sounds like if it doesn't go through it isn't just down to the big bad Eddie Davies...
Perhaps. But also a lot is down to him. He certainly is far from the generous benefactor you want to paint him as. Cold hearted businessman more like.
One that's allegedly £175m down...as reported via Birch by your mate Marc Iles. That sounds pretty ungenerous and cold hearted...
Here's what Holdsworth had to say "Eddie cares about the club but a lot of people have said detrimental things. He has put a hell of a lot of finance into that club."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... is_lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
One that's allegedly £175m down...as reported via Birch by your mate Marc Iles. That sounds pretty ungenerous and cold hearted...
Here's what Holdsworth had to say "Eddie cares about the club but a lot of people have said detrimental things. He has put a hell of a lot of finance into that club."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... is_lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think he's closer to the generous benefactor end of the scale than he is to the should be physically assaulted in the street end of the scale.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm

chester white wrote:Appreciate Twitter rumours etc isn't for everyone, but this is the Twitter handle for the bloke claiming Holdsworth borrowing £5 million from some Wonga type company for the bid

http://www.twitter.com/ANOther98085773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First person to follow him was Iles.

Wonder if it's someone inside the club.
Nixon's on to him as well....and suggested that "His info is rather good"...make of it what you will. Shortly after he tweeted those numbers, Iles tweeted that maybe SS had "resolved the ED problem"....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Nixon and Iles have both described Eddie's behaviour in recent times as 'disgraceful' though. I think this is the nub of the issue. He put money in and that was great. But whether because of the way things have been managed or the fact he wants too much back or a combination of both, the past few months and arguably years have been shocking.

As you seem to be keen on Iles and Nixon suddenly, both recognise Eddie for what he did, but also are highly critical and more of what he's done and doing now. I think that is probably fair enough isn't it?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Nixon and Iles have both described Eddie's behaviour in recent times as 'disgraceful' though. I think this is the nub of the issue.

well - if that was the "nub of the issue" and if Iles is right to tweet that SS has "resolved the ED problem" - then everything is ACE and fine and there is no more problem! yay!! :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm not going to go into the motivations of Iles or Nixon - especially one of them who's had previous run-ins with the Club and thinks that the temperature of the pasties shows the measure of the man. Being critical of how this has ended (which I am), is different than offering a good shoeing to someone who has invested lots of money into the Club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:32 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Nixon and Iles have both described Eddie's behaviour in recent times as 'disgraceful' though. I think this is the nub of the issue.

well - if that was the "nub of the issue" and if Iles is right to tweet that SS has "resolved the ED problem" - then everything is ACE and fine and there is no more problem! yay!! :D
The ED problem was that the league weren't happy with how he was getting a cut of profits etc. Perhaps sports shield have been able to calm the league on that. Although we should note Iles said they had resolved some issues with the league and he only presumed it was those relating to ED.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Also does anyone know the rule re points deduction for administration. I know the cut off is 24th March. Go into admin after that and you get 12 points knocked off for the following season. But what happens if you are still in admin on the 24th and beyond. Do you ever lose 12 points for the next season again? Nixon seems to think you do but I can't remember a team being docked points twice. If you do when does the second penalty kick in?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
The ED problem was that the league weren't happy with how he was getting a cut of profits etc. Perhaps sports shield have been able to calm the league on that. Although we should note Iles said they had resolved some issues with the league and he only presumed it was those relating to ED.

yes - if the ED bit - the bit you describe as being the nub of the problem - is correctly reported/assumed/speculated by Isles as having been resolved - then everything will be fine as the problem is solved. yay! (unless you have a different definition of the phrase "nub of the problem" which means it is not actually the nub of the problem...)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also does anyone know the rule re points deduction for administration. I know the cut off is 24th March. Go into admin after that and you get 12 points knocked off for the following season. But what happens if you are still in admin on the 24th and beyond. Do you ever lose 12 points for the next season again? Nixon seems to think you do but I can't remember a team being docked points twice. If you do when does the second penalty kick in?
Pompey were docked twice, but that was relating to different administration events iirc...

For the avoidance of doubt, where a Club and/or Group Undertaking is subject to more than one of the procedures in Regulation 12.3.1 above during a process of compromising creditors (for example Administration followed by a Company Voluntary Arrangement), the Club shall only be deducted one set of 12 points, such deduction to apply with effect from the first Insolvency Event. Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global ... 3gZEjzB.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Why is this being asked ?

While we're here I'm wondering whether Stephen would have remained King of England if Eleanor hasn't divorced Louis VII. It has about much point as anything else.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Why is this being asked ?

While we're here I'm wondering whether Stephen would have remained King of England if Eleanor hasn't divorced Louis VII. It has about much point as anything else.
Why is it not relevant? If sports shield don't get league clearance ahead of Monday we will likely have to take the admin route. Unless another adjournment is granted but given where we are and what has happened, I'm not sure that is all that likely unless there was very strong evidence that the league would sign off, very quickly.....