Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Our rivals have improved their squads with a number of players. We've weakened ours.
Really? How so?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:23 pm

SammyAmmy I assume he means, though not a lot we can really do about that. It is a shame we don't look like adding another 2 or 3 and kicking on.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Our rivals have improved their squads with a number of players. We've weakened ours.
Really? How so?
Ameobi. Pretty big loss IMO.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jmjhb wrote:We have failed to capitalise on that because we haven't played.
A lame excuse. :D
Was thinking that... :D

Not sure either how this transfer window is going to cost us promotion, other than the fact that the okefenokee swamp were in as a club hasn't really been caused by this transfer window at all...
Our rivals have improved their squads with a number of players. We've weakened ours. We can only add one extra player unless we sell or loan others.
We had choices?
Thats my point though. We needed to have sorted out the financial situation and be out of embargo. We've had long enough now. Just frustrating that those issues (which initially were meant to be gone well before last summer I might add), drag on as the owners fight each other. More frustrating, if it costs us a shot at promotion, which it might well do.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Be reet. We'll sign a couple on deadline day. Hopefully one is Ameobi.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: [

Thats my point though. We needed to have sorted out the financial situation and be out of embargo. We've had long enough now. Just frustrating that those issues (which initially were meant to be gone well before last summer I might add), drag on as the owners fight each other. More frustrating, if it costs us a shot at promotion, which it might well do.
Which is what I can't understand. You talk like there is an easy solution and nobody is aware of it or trying ( desperately?) to do something about it? I stopped believing about money growing on trees when a year passed and not a single note appeared on any of mine.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: [

Which is what I can't understand. You talk like there is an easy solution and nobody is aware of it or trying ( desperately?) to do something about it? I stopped believing about money growing on trees when a year passed and not a single note appeared on any of mine.
The solution would be the owners funding the club as they initially said instead of squabbling over ownership. Again, that in itself has dragged in since November.

Ken says he can bring in finance to fund the club. But hasn't seemingly progressed the major issue of the share ownership. And furthermore, the embargo he promised would be gone by the summer lingers with absolutely no sign of it lifting.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 6 hours ago
Parky spinning plates on transfer front. Sounds confident he'll get one striker in but beyond that... anyone's guess. #bwfc
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Really? How so?
Ameobi. Pretty big loss IMO.
He was recalled. That to me equates to Newcastle weakening our squad. But anyway.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Some reports suggesting Peter Odemwingie was sat in the director's box this afternoon. Should still be able to do a job at this level..........given the service..........
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Some reports suggesting Peter Odemwingie was sat in the director's box this afternoon. Should still be able to do a job at this level..........given the service..........

Not according to LVS:
http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... e-question" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:58 am

I'd question the wisdom of signing a has been at this stage. We need energy and life. Odemwingie won't bring either and to me he was always someone who relied on his pace. Has he still got that?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:58 am

Riviman wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Some reports suggesting Peter Odemwingie was sat in the director's box this afternoon. Should still be able to do a job at this level..........given the service..........

Not according to LVS:
http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... e-question" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He doesn't say its rubbish, he's says PO is rubbish. In other news I hear Proctor may be off to Pompey. We're apparently looking for a fee and a transfer rather than a loan.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Riviman wrote:

Not according to LVS:
He doesn't say its rubbish, he's says PO is rubbish. In other news I hear Proctor may be off to Pompey. We're apparently looking for a fee and a transfer rather than a loan.
TBH I'd rather sell, loan out or however possible get rid of Madine....I can't stand the lazy, bone idle, lethargic waster

Yes I know some people think that even though he's shite he works hard, but I don't think he works hard at all - I think that he just cruises through games putting in the minimum amount of effort & energy....and he has very little talent as a striker.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Madine is wank but he's better than Proctor and Wilkinson. It's a sad reality but a reality nonetheless.

And Odemwingie is shot, no thanks. Beware a player who suddenly drops multiple levels to find one he can still score goals in.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:03 pm

According to Marc Iles we have signed a player, but the player's parent club don't want it anounced until tomorrow, so e's putting it in the paper

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:02 pm

And it COULD be Chris Long of Burnley...Apparently he has been on loan at Fleetwood but gone back to Burnley, with them looking to send him back out on loan

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:29 pm

twilight wrote:And it COULD be Chris Long of Burnley...Apparently he has been on loan at Fleetwood but gone back to Burnley, with them looking to send him back out on loan
That would make sense as I think I read in one of KA's columns that our head scout had been looking at a few youngsters from top-flight clubs. He didn't score many at Fleetwood but he came through the Everton academy and England youth teams so it would seem that he has a decent pedigree.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Long has scored four goals in fifteen games whilst on loan which suggests he's not good enough for us but better than Madine.
Scraping the barrel now.

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:52 pm

I would prefer to get Eoin Doyle from Preston his record for chesterfield was 1 in 3 and scored a few hatricks against Scunthorpe & Preston
Still think we need wingers someone who can stretch the game and run at the oppositions defence.