Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by mullayo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:56 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:34 am
mullayo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 am
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16 ... st-mirren/

Is the game back on?
Or have the subs printed/uploaded an old story that was sitting in the folder?
All adding to the omnishambles.
* This article was written before Wanderers players refused to play in the St Mirren friendly over unpaid bonuses and wages.

Right at the bottom.
Bolton News editorial meeting

Editor: Righto people, the big issue today is obviously the player strike and St Mirren cancellation, so what have we got?

]Isles: I've got a redundant article featuring a former player for the game that's never gonna happen.

Editor: Hmm, interesting approach... I lOVE IT! Print and be damned, Can't have the Wanderers being the only laughing stock in Lancashire!

Isles: Great. I can't be arsed writing owt else... anyway I best get on to a "that concludes our transfer coverage for the season" piece.
What could've happened; did.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 am

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/c ... -webnotes/

Ken has taken the "Fight fire with fire" approach. This is going to be interesting. Hard to see how any good can come from this. Hopefully in a few days Parky can play mediator and things will die down. I suspect we have lost a number of prospective signings due to this. Parky is going to have work miracles again, if he can find the mental and emotional resources to do so...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 am

From KA's response this morning, it appears that its only Ben Amos who hasn’t been paid his salary - something around KA thinking he would be sold or out on loan again by the time the wages were due. Also all of the players bonuses where cleared / scheduled for payment on Friday (probably in their accounts by Monday), but the players gave KA an ultimatum that the money had to be physically in their bank accounts by Friday or they would not play the St Mirren friendly.

KA was not prepared to be blackmailed or threatened which is fair enough IMO - sounds like KA is annoyed with a few of the players behind the strike - to be honest I think that the players are as much to blame as KA for this and its a complete overreaction by the players.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:07 am

There has clearly been a communication breakdown. I don't believe the players would have just downed tools on a whim, they clearly are annoyed that payments have been missed before, and weren't given sufficient assurances that the payment would be paid anytime soon.

Ken has to deal with cashflow issues as best he can but he can't just decide to pay people late and therefore break contracts on an ad hoc basis. He clearly either hasn't communicated the situation clearly to the players, or he has messed them about enough that they don't believe him.

I suspect a big issue here is that it is hard to borrow money. From our accounts our "overdraft at bank" is always £3m-£4m. I suspect that equates to it being maxed out. Ken is probably reluctant to put hundreds of thousands into the club from his own money, which probably doesn't involve having millions in liquid assets immediately available. I suspect other clubs in this situation are able to borrow money either from banks or from the owner.

It is interesting that Amos costs us "more than £1 million" per year!! I think that is even more than has been suggested in previous tabloid articles about what our players are paid.

I just hope that everyone involved talks to each other about this situation and that morale isn't destroyed.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:12 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 am
From KA's response this morning, it appears that its only Ben Amos who hasn’t been paid his salary - something around KA thinking he would be sold or out on loan again by the time the wages were due. Also all of the players bonuses where cleared / scheduled for payment on Friday (probably in their accounts by Monday), but the players gave KA an ultimatum that the money had to be physically in their bank accounts by Friday or they would not play the St Mirren friendly.

KA was not prepared to be blackmailed or threatened which is fair enough IMO - sounds like KA is annoyed with a few of the players behind the strike - to be honest I think that the players are as much to blame as KA for this and its a complete overreaction by the players.
It's this that is the issue with the man. Money owed for anything in a contract must be paid. You just cannot pay it because the players have demanded it be paid.

The players have seen a player not get paid and thought oh bollocks we're not going to get our bonus. Told KA, in our banks please to prove it, not happened, they're not playing.

What other ways have players got to express their concerns?

He's already put in the release that he hopes the players will reimburse fans who travelled. Does this mean if not then they'll be fined?

If the money is there Ken, get it paid and stop fecking about.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:16 am

mullayo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:56 am
DJBlu wrote:
mullayo wrote:

Is the game back on?
* This article was written before Wanderers players refused to play in the St Mirren friendly over unpaid bonuses and wages.

Right at the bottom.
Bolton News editorial meeting

Editor: Righto people, the big issue today is obviously the player strike and St Mirren cancellation, so what have we got?

]Isles: I've got a redundant article featuring a former player for the game that's never gonna happen.

Editor: Hmm, interesting approach... I lOVE IT! Print and be damned, Can't have the Wanderers being the only laughing stock in Lancashire!

Isles: Great. I can't be arsed writing owt else... anyway I best get on to a "that concludes our transfer coverage for the season" piece.
:lol:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:26 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am
DJBlu wrote:
mullayo wrote:

Is the game back on?

Right at the bottom.
Wow wish I had written that half an hour ago :D
Placed in there for the gentlemen and gentlewoman who cannot understand a paraphrased sentence like myself. :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 am

He's a fecking child. Pay people what their contracts say they're owed when they're owed, that's what you're for.

If it was just Amos and it was the first time anything like this had happened fine, but he's got form. Chairman Redknapp.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 am

Could the players not be fined or have their contracts cancelled for breach of contract ?

If its true that only one player (Amos) hadn't been paid because KA thought he'd be sold, and lets be honest he's not short of a bob or two !, what gave the rest of them the right to refuse to play....after all they are under contract to play for BWFC....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 am

The more I think about this, the more unprofessional I think the players have been - especially knowing the bad publicity and damage to the clubs reputation this would & has caused.

Like I said KA isn't blameless, but whichever players are behind the strike / refusal to play need to give their heads a shake & issue an apology....I'm no HR expert but could the club have a right to terminate their contracts on the grounds of insubordination if they personally had been paid ?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 am
Could the players not be fined or have their contracts cancelled for breach of contract ?

If its true that only one player (Amos) hadn't been paid because KA thought he'd be sold, and lets be honest he's not short of a bob or two !, what gave the rest of them the right to refuse to play....after all they are under contract to play for BWFC....
It's not just a salary though is it. They wouldn't give a shite if it was just one person. They asked for reassurances for their bonuses to be paid. KA says he isn't going to be blackmailed so cancelled the payments. Players have refused to play.

Both are in breach of contract if true.

It's going to get ugly. The PFA will be in shortly no doubt.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 am

It's not just a salary though is it. They wouldn't give a shite if it was just one person. They asked for reassurances for their bonuses to be paid. KA says he isn't going to be blackmailed so cancelled the payments. Players have refused to play.

Both are in breach of contract if true.

It's going to get ugly. The PFA will be in shortly no doubt.
Like I said before: omnishambles.
This may be bog standard SNAFU but the damage done to our reputation and recruiting... Who wants to walk into a player revolt?
What could've happened; did.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 am
The more I think about this, the more unprofessional I think the players have been - especially knowing the bad publicity and damage to the clubs reputation this would & has caused.

Like I said KA isn't blameless, but whichever players are behind the strike / refusal to play need to give their heads a shake & issue an apology....I'm no HR expert but could the club have a right to terminate their contracts on the grounds of insubordination if they personally had been paid ?

How would that help things?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am

well, if what Anderson says is true then I think he's every right to feel 4ucked off about it
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:48 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am
Peter Thompson wrote:

I can't recall saying that it would help things....but if your the owner (KA) and one or two players (i.e. ring leaders) have tried to blackmail or threaten you (Ken's words) - then he may want to get them out of the club & therefore may as we speak be taking legal / HR advice - it wont help anyone, but Ken's the boss and where I've worked before if you seriously piss the owner / boss off, your not normally in the job for much longer.

I would even doubt that the players followed the correct formal course of action through the PFA, before refusing to play....therefore they may possibly have taken unofficial strike action.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm

He could just fecking pay them what he owes them. There is always that option. The spiv cnut. They've got form.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm

On another note its a disgrace that the players get a bonus for finishing 4th bottom....based on their performances towards the end of the season, they should be fcuking ashamed to strike over 'staying up' bonuses....have they forgot the spineless end of season performances week after week that put us so close to relegation when we were 10 points clear after the Villa game....obviously apart from the Forest game.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm
On another note its a disgrace that the players get a bonus for finishing 4th bottom....based on their performances towards the end of the season, they should be fcuking ashamed to strike over 'staying up' bonuses....have they forgot the spineless end of season performances week after week that put us so close to relegation when we were 10 points clear after the Villa game....obviously apart from the Forest game.
Jog on trying to wind people up.

It is written in their contracts and they managed it so it's irrelevant what you think about it and how they went about it.

The club has failed to pay them it and the owner is coming up with bullshit excuse after excuse.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:13 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm
Jog on trying to wind people up.

It is written in their contracts and they managed it so it's irrelevant what you think about it and how they went about it.

The club has failed to pay them it and the owner is coming up with bullshit excuse after excuse.
What....so because my opinion differs from yours its a wind up ?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:48 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am
Peter Thompson wrote:

I can't recall saying that it would help things....but if your the owner (KA) and one or two players (i.e. ring leaders) have tried to blackmail or threaten you (Ken's words) - then he may want to get them out of the club & therefore may as we speak be taking legal / HR advice - it wont help anyone, but Ken's the boss and where I've worked before if you seriously piss the owner / boss off, your not normally in the job for much longer.

I would even doubt that the players followed the correct formal course of action through the PFA, before refusing to play....therefore they may possibly have taken unofficial strike action.

You've certainly appeared to relish contemplating whether he could or couldn't sack players, which doesn't exactly suggest disapproval. Hence my asking why it would help things.

We play our first league match in four weeks' time and a very short on numbers as it is. The last thing we need is to end up even shorter.