Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

Presume next action will be hotel winder (check me w. the lingo), which is next week I think?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am

^^ Bonnar was until a couple of weeks ago chief editor at the BEN i.e. Marc Iles boss. Not completely clear what he means by "frightening monster hidden cash drains"? Could be the hidden debt caused by the alleged short term loans (factoring) as reportedly found in Basran's due diligence, or it could be simply the huge ongoing losses the club would make as a L1 club from next season. Or both I guess?

There is a Supporters Trust meeting at 7.30pm tonight in the Platinum Suite at the Unibol. Iles is doing a live blog according to his twitter.

There is also a winding up petition against the hotel that will be heard on Wednesday.

The players can in theory now give 14 days notice to walk away from their contracts as their March pay is more than 14 days late. Hard to see why they would do this as their contracts are usually up till 30th June and it seems unlikely another club will pay them when there is no games in May and June.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-to-club/

Unless I am not mistaken, the accounts are overdue and we should have submitted a FFP compliance submission to the EFL by end of March. I am pretty sure not submitting this was the official reason behind our 2016/17 transfer embargo?

It still seems we are heading full speed for the cliff edge, and that marksman (almost certainly has to be Michael James) needs to blow out the tyres asap.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am
^^ Bonnar was until a couple of weeks ago chief editor at the BEN i.e. Marc Iles boss. Not completely clear what he means by "frightening monster hidden cash drains"? Could be the hidden debt caused by the alleged short term loans (factoring) as reportedly found in Basran's due diligence, or it could be simply the huge ongoing losses the club would make as a L1 club from next season. Or both I guess?

There is a Supporters Trust meeting at 7.30pm tonight in the Platinum Suite at the Unibol. Iles is doing a live blog according to his twitter.

There is also a winding up petition against the hotel that will be heard on Wednesday.

The players can in theory now give 14 days notice to walk away from their contracts as their March pay is more than 14 days late. Hard to see why they would do this as their contracts are usually up till 30th June and it seems unlikely another club will pay them when there is no games in May and June.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-to-club/

Unless I am not mistaken, the accounts are overdue and we should have submitted a FFP compliance submission to the EFL by end of March. I am pretty sure not submitting this was the official reason behind our 2016/17 transfer embargo?

It still seems we are heading full speed for the cliff edge, and that marksman (almost certainly has to be Michael James) needs to blow out the tyres asap.
Bonnar has been saying this forever. I think his point is that the real amount needed to get the club on an even keel and invest is something approaching £30M. That won't even fund much in the way of new talent either.

His point is a fair one. How many want to spend that just to keep a league one club going.

His thesis that the only way out is to "start again" is flawed because a) he doesn't understand what that means and b) it doesn't solve the fundamental issues.

The fundamental issues are thus: Bolton is a big town that does not support its football club in numbers. Attendance is heavily price sensitive. The economic realities are that Bolton are at best upper league one lower end championship. The town cannot accept this level and therefore won't support a club in large enough numbers at that level...so.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Furthermore, the date for registration of uncontracted players has passed - think it's fourth Thursday in March.

I guess they could, if they have a summer Bosman lined up, walk out and train with their new club for the last month or so. The question would be whether the familiarisation would be worth the potential damage to their reputation (Judas, sinking-ship-deserting rat, etc).

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:33 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Furthermore, the date for registration of uncontracted players has passed - think it's fourth Thursday in March.

I guess they could, if they have a summer Bosman lined up, walk out and train with their new club for the last month or so. The question would be whether the familiarisation would be worth the potential damage to their reputation (Judas, sinking-ship-deserting rat, etc).
Also assuming new faces rocking up at a funny time of year won't affect/disrupt the new clubs current players, we are always being told what sensitive creatures these footballers are.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:33 am
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Also assuming new faces rocking up at a funny time of year won't affect/disrupt the new clubs current players, we are always being told what sensitive creatures these footballers are.
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am
Typical, no sense of adventure, just how the feck do you expect people to get on if you stick barriers in their way by dismissing them out of hand? Sounds like you don't like taking a calculated risk and something new, wonder where we've seen that before............?
:D

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:12 pm

The lull before the storm?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm

piesrus wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:12 pm
The lull before the storm?
Or the lull before the realisation nobody, not even your wife, has turned up for your birthday party...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Who's Howard? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm
He's a made up bloke who performed fellatio on Gunga Din.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
060814adland.jpeg
060814adland.jpeg (13.01 KiB) Viewed 2216 times

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh do keep up! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

lionofvienna
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionofvienna » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 pm

"Bonnar has been saying this forever. I think his point is that the real amount needed to get the club on an even keel and invest is something approaching £30M. That won't even fund much in the way of new talent either.

His point is a fair one. How many want to spend that just to keep a league one club going."

Some think that £50M is nearer the mark

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
060814adland.jpeg
Ooooooooh, he can do the Manager's job as well then. :D

lionofvienna
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionofvienna » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:08 pm

This from the EFL
"The EFL’s Owners and Directors test requirements set out criteria for who is and who is not permitted to own a club or exercise control over it. The test can be viewed here http://www.efl.com/global/appendix3.aspx.

The EFL’s regulations, having been voted through by clubs, provide a clear objective framework under which they are required to operate, however the individual management of clubs is a matter for their Directors. There are any number of actions the EFL might wish to take, but it can only ever act in accordance with our Regulations. Where any breach occurs we will act. It is therefore important to clarify that the Owners’ & Directors’ Test governs the eligibility of who is able to own a club - it does not also ensure that those individuals have the capability to manage it properly.

With regards to Club ownership matters, generally speaking, we are not able to make public comment or provide specific ongoing details about particular cases that involve private matters relating to individuals. However the Club continues to keep the EFL appraised of all the matters that are relevant to our regulations.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Basically, the EFL's 'Fit and Proper Persons Test' is; Is this fella disqualified by Companies House? No. Oh reet, on you go then!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Basically, the EFL's 'Fit and Proper Persons Test' is; Is this fella disqualified by Companies House? No. Oh reet, on you go then!
EFL: "You haven't earned this money by dishonest means, have you?"

Owner, wiping blood off banknotes: "Nope"

EFL: "Cool cool, yeah"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

An hour into the Supporters' Trust meeting, which I'm following via the BN blog https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... live-blog/

Two main points for me are (i) EFL say they remain satisfied the club has money to see us through to the end of the season and (ii) council say Villa game won't go ahead unless KA can confirm there will be enough staff by tomorrow.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:05 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm
An hour into the Supporters' Trust meeting, which I'm following via the BN blog https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... live-blog/

Two main points for me are (i) EFL say they remain satisfied the club has money to see us through to the end of the season and (ii) council say Villa game won't go ahead unless KA can confirm there will be enough staff by tomorrow.
I'm still trying to come to terms with "gasps from the crowd..." I had to have a little lie down, so thanks for the update. :-)

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm

1. appears as though our most gracious leader has the cash but is choosing not to spend it..
2. whose cash has he got ? his own or the money he has been advanced by the football league

What a sad state of affairs.....
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin: