Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am
jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:14 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am
Nixon: "Council now trying to help to get Football Ventures deal done ... massive push to get this sorted. Time not on anyone’s side either"
KA to FV 'out of the frying pan into the fire' springs to mind.

How FV can't understand the urgency of the situation is quite astonishing, either that or they really don't have enough money to complete & the so called proof of funding was over stated - either way I think the administrators need to come out and provide further detail or clarification ASAP, its becoming farcical.
I’m sure they’re very aware of the urgency. As frustrating and worrying as it is for fans it’s obviously a hugely complex deal. We either rush it and risk getting it wrong, causing us long term problems, or take our time for a solid takeover but fall into sporting oblivion while the solicitors are doing their stuff. I’m sure everyone is working hard to find a compromise position but it can’t be easy.
Agree - the notion that FV are sat there unaware of the situation and urgency is not one I'd give any credence to.
Those who posted saying that FV are aware of the situation & urgency - are you sure ?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Enoch wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:30 pm
All it’s doing is messing up pre season plans.

There's a plan!
At this rate, Bassini will be piping up, shortly...
He’s absolutely 100% got the money ready to pay the players straight away. Right now, ready to go from his bank account to the players to save the club. It’s just those pesky admin people holding him up. He needs to sue them. Take them to court. That’ll show them. Premier league in 2 years!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Nixon: "Council now trying to help to get Football Ventures deal done ... massive push to get this sorted. Time not on anyone’s side either"

How FV can't understand the urgency of the situation is quite astonishing, either that or they really don't have enough money to complete & the so called proof of funding was over stated - either way I think the administrators need to come out and provide further detail or clarification ASAP, its becoming farcical.
I’m sure they’re very aware of the urgency. As frustrating and worrying as it is for fans it’s obviously a hugely complex deal. We either rush it and risk getting it wrong, causing us long term problems, or take our time for a solid takeover but fall into sporting oblivion while the solicitors are doing their stuff. I’m sure everyone is working hard to find a compromise position but it can’t be easy.
Agree - the notion that FV are sat there unaware of the situation and urgency is not one I'd give any credence to.
Those who posted saying that FV are aware of the situation & urgency - are you sure ?
Yes - absolutely. Being aware of something and having the ability to solve it/make it go away aren't the same thing. I'm sure they understand the situation and urgency - that doesn't mean I'm sure that they have the wherewithal to solve it immediately.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

What situation and urgency do you not think they’re aware of out of interest? I get they’ve never run a football club before, but if some fans on a football forum can appreciate the urgency then I’m sure they do too. Being aware of the urgency doesn’t really mean they can do anything about it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Enoch wrote:
jimbo wrote:
All it’s doing is messing up pre season plans.

There's a plan!
At this rate, Bassini will be piping up, shortly...
He’s absolutely 100% got the money ready to pay the players straight away. Right now, ready to go from his bank account to the players to save the club. It’s just those pesky admin people holding him up. He needs to sue them. Take them to court. That’ll show them. Premier league in 2 years!
I more interested that he has his own shirt. He could play against Chester!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm

jimbo wrote:
Without knowing the full info and what the players may have been told, I’m not sure how sympathetic to be with them for this one. In the past when they’ve been on strike it’s been KA breaking promises and no resolution in sight. This time we’re in admin, obviously working towards a solution. It was never going to be a quick deal. I doubt striking is going to force anyone’s hand to pay them given the ongoing take over. All it’s doing is messing up pre season plans.
With the same introductory caveat as you , I completely agree. Which, given it's your caveat, means I completely agree.
Haven't they still not been paid since March, including when they should have been since the admins took over?

That's a ludicrously long time, and I can see why they aren't keen to risk a Lee Chung-yonger for a club that hasn't paid them in 1/3 of a year.

Their statement is here.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ssion=true
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Personally I don't blame the players at all. The senior players are unpaid since March. What would have happened if they suffer serious injury at Chester? Are the club medical staff paid and available? Are their insurance premiums paid? If the takeover doesn't go through, and clearly there looks a significant chance of that, the club could be liquidated, and then they may never get anything from the club at all.

EDIT - Just seen the players statement. Pretty much confirm it, although insurance premiums do seem to have been paid. Utterly terrible situation.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:10 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm
Personally I don't blame the players at all. The senior players are unpaid since March. What would have happened if they suffer serious injury at Chester? Are the club medical staff paid and available? Are their insurance premiums paid? If the takeover doesn't go through, and clearly there looks a significant chance of that, the club could be liquidated, and then they may never get anything from the club at all.
(In the long run) They'll get paid by the PFA if we get liquidated. They'll get paid by the club if we don't.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:11 pm

That they weren't paid in those first months was down to the deliberately obstructive actions of a knobhead. That they haven't been paid yet is due to the resultant picking up of the pieces. I understand their frustration but I think this is not a particularly helpful reaction.

Particularly as we still haven't yet been punished for the strike-fuelled failure to fulfil the Brentford fixture. As I've said, I reckon the EFL will be afraid of similar strike action spreading through the lower leagues as more and more clubs struggle to pay players on time if at all. I have absolutely no evidence for this, but I can't help but feel it isn't going to help them be lenient with us.

If I were the EFL (and thank God I'm not), I'd be looking at fining Bolton another six or nine points as a deterrent.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

It's the only power they have and God knows why they haven't served their notice. They too are probably pissed off with how long it's being dragged out following the promises.

Paul Appleton is a name that keeps popping up when this rears it's ugly head.

I'd love to know what he is spouting to the players and staff.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:11 pm
That they weren't paid in those first months was down to the deliberately obstructive actions of a knobhead.

Can I quote you on that?

Oh!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:15 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm
It's the only power they have and God knows why they haven't served their notice. They too are probably pissed off with how long it's being dragged out following the promises.

So would I.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:11 pm
That they weren't paid in those first months was down to the deliberately obstructive actions of a knobhead. That they haven't been paid yet is due to the resultant picking up of the pieces. I understand their frustration but I think this is not a particularly helpful reaction.

Particularly as we still haven't yet been punished for the strike-fuelled failure to fulfil the Brentford fixture. As I've said, I reckon the EFL will be afraid of similar strike action spreading through the lower leagues as more and more clubs struggle to pay players on time if at all. I have absolutely no evidence for this, but I can't help but feel it isn't going to help them be lenient with us.

If I were the EFL (and thank God I'm not), I'd be looking at fining Bolton another six or nine points as a deterrent.
I agree.
Before this, (the Chester strike), I reckon the EFL were prepared not to punish the new owners (although we'll obviously never know now).
But a second time... I reckon the EFL will come down on us like a ton of bricks...
Loony players - they are guaranteed their wages in the long run. I can understand their frustration, but this is no way of going about it.
This is the fault of the lack of communication from the Administrators: hold your hands up all those posters who were praising the Admins for their clear communication skills... You know who you are!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:25 pm

They don't care about BWFC, those still contracted are only here for a maximum of one more year and with the exception of Alnwick haven't been here more than a year. They have to look after themselves, and the club has done nothing for them that warrants risking injury in a meaningless game they are under prepared for.

If I were them I would cancel my contract and get out of here asap. This isn't good for them and their careers. The six senior players would all get L1 clubs as free agents.
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:27 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:25 pm
If I were them I would cancel my contract and get out of here asap.
I absolutely agree.
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
The six senior players would all get L1 clubs as free agents.
I'm really not so sure. And neither, I would suggest, are they. Or their agents.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
If that were true they'd be long gone.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

I fully accept their right to strike and that I’m judging it from a distance. I agreed fully with the previous strikes, but not this one.

As DSB says we had a dick of an owner who was withholding funds and something needed to be done to raise awareness and force his hand, which arguably it did. Players then had a choice to walk away or stick with it through the rebuilding process, and should have been aware that it wouldn’t be all sorted in a couple of weeks.

I’m less sure that striking now has the potential to be able to hurry things up or force someone to pay their wages. All it seems able to do is undermine the efforts of the rebuilding process and cause another unwanted headline or disruption. Yes things are shit now, but they’ve been shit for ages and they agreed to stick with it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:32 pm

I give up, administrator now blaming another administrator for kicking their heels over the sale of the hotel.

This isn't going to end well.

FV need both club and hotel for the business model to work.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:32 pm
I give up, administrator now blaming another administrator for kicking their heels over the sale of the hotel.

This isn't going to end well.

FV need both club and hotel for the business model to work.
...and another £4 million which they haven't got.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:27 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
If I were them I would cancel my contract and get out of here asap.
I absolutely agree.
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
I'm really not so sure. And neither, I would suggest, are they. Or their agents.
I know they're currently on nowt as no bugger is paying them, but it makes me wonder whether they're actually on "above average" L1 salaries, given we signed them in the Chumps and whether they're clinging on for grim death because of that...