Addicks in the 'Bok: Wanderers v Charlton (H), Tuesday 8th Feb, 8pm KO

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Addicks in the 'Bok: Wanderers v Charlton (H), Tuesday 8th Feb, 8pm KO

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:58 pm

I'm looking forward to Tuesday's game. I mean really looking forward to it.

One's dander is well and truly up.

Nice one, Evatt. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:27 pm

We are much, much better at home.

We struggled against Shrews and got a win. Struggled against Morecambe and got a point.

I fancy us to hammer Charlton, regardless of the good form they're in.

I'm with Bruce on this one. Well up for it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am

Wonder if the powers that be take into account the psychological effects that waiting for late decisions have on the club and individuals? They sure don't seem to be rushing at all...?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:34 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am
Wonder if the powers that be take into account the psychological effects that waiting for late decisions have on the club and individuals? They sure don't seem to be rushing at all...?
I'm assuming we're on about the red card appeal? Assuming we got all the paperwork in on the shortest possible timeframe, they should have given a decision by 6pm yesterday...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:45 am

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2022/Februa ... -reprieve/

Santos appeal outcome will affect tonight.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am

Aye - as it says, appeal will have been Monday - so we should have known by 6PM yesterday. Whether it's in our interests to publish to all the outcome until it's updated in public domain, I doubt.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:11 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am
Aye - as it says, appeal will have been Monday - so we should have known by 6PM yesterday. Whether it's in our interests to publish to all the outcome until it's updated in public domain, I doubt.
Surely the opposition should know by now as well. Don't think it would be entirely fair for them to plan knowing there's quite a bit of uncertainty until the last minute.

I would've thought it would've been public knowledge by now whether or not the appeal was successful. Presumably if the decision is upheld there will be some uproar so maybe that is why its not been announced.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:18 am

Just looking back on the previous timeframes for these things - Sutton United's Craig Eastmond was sent off on Saturday 22nd January v Northampton. Sutton appealed the decision and it was announced on Tuesday afternoon (25th) that the decision had been overturned. I'm guessing the appeal hearing for that was also on the Monday.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 am

Mar wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:11 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Surely the opposition should know by now as well. Don't think it would be entirely fair for them to plan knowing there's quite a bit of uncertainty until the last minute.

I would've thought it would've been public knowledge by now whether or not the appeal was successful. Presumably if the decision is upheld there will be some uproar so maybe that is why its not been announced.
Not sure why the opposition should know, they get the teamsheet 1 hour or so before, we don't have to tell them about injuries etc.
There will be complainants either way no matter the decision , Morecambe will undoubtedly winge that big clubs like us get preferential treatment but hey ho who cares what they think.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:50 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 am
Mar wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Not sure why the opposition should know, they get the teamsheet 1 hour or so before, we don't have to tell them about injuries etc.
There will be complainants either way no matter the decision , Morecambe will undoubtedly winge that big clubs like us get preferential treatment but hey ho who cares what they think.
The opposition should know who is suspended otherwise they have been misinformed by the governing body. As it stands we could possibly gain an advantage by not providing this information to the opposition, so in terms of a level playing field both teams having adequate knowledge of who is eligible would create a level playing field.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:15 am

Mar wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:50 am
knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 am
Mar wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

The opposition should know who is suspended otherwise they have been misinformed by the governing body. As it stands we could possibly gain an advantage by not providing this information to the opposition, so in terms of a level playing field both teams having adequate knowledge of who is eligible would create a level playing field.
As Brommers says, there seems to be a bit of a lag between when they make the decision (which according to their rules for Fast Track applications should be 6PM the day before, assuming all the stuff they need has been provided by the Club) and when they put it on the website. The opposition never know who you're going to pick, only who you could pick, so it's all equitable - he could have no suspension and we bench him for the night...

If I'm the oppo, aware of the timelines, I'd assume that Santos would be playing as I would normally. Not unfair at all.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am

Santos is available

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:12 am

jmjhb wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am
Santos is available
:pissed:

So with big Rico available I'd say we go:

Trafford

Jones Santos Johnston

MJ Morley

Fossey John

Dempsey

Dapo Charles

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:14 am

jmjhb wrote:
Santos is available
And rightly so. More I look at that more I think it’s one of the worst decisions I’ve seen. In no way does that look remotely like a deliberate handball even in normal speed with one look.

The linesman seemed to give it yet how could he have had an unobstructed view?

I don’t think you can really get that wrong unless you have just reacted to Morecambe players pressure.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:20 am

We're getting to point now where Fossey, John, Charles and others may need a rest. The next two line-ups will be very interesting. If we go full strength tonight then I'd assume there will be rotation for Oxford.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:14 am
I don’t think you can really get that wrong unless you have just reacted to Morecambe players pressure.
...and there you go.

When Morecambe fans and staff go on about Evatt's "gamesmanship", their fans were absolutely on the linesmen from minute one.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:23 am

jmjhb wrote:
Santos is available
Indeed

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... d-quashed/

Question - what happens with the referee? Does he get taken to task over such a glaring feck-up, or does he just get to plough-on, repeating the same mistakes?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:23 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
...and there you go.

When Morecambe fans and staff go on about Evatt's "gamesmanship", their fans were absolutely on the linesmen from minute one.
Aren't most home team's fans? That doesn't strike me as "abnormal"....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:25 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
...and there you go.

To be fair, Evatt swapped the home team and visitor's dug-outs so that he can be in the lino and fourth official's ears more.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:23 am
jmjhb wrote:
Santos is available
Indeed

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... d-quashed/

Question - what happens with the referee? Does he get taken to task over such a glaring feck*, or does he just get to plough-on, repeating the same mistakes?
4 successfully appealed reds, 2 against Morecambe. And we are the bully boy cheats!