Sam Allardyce - Stay or Go?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Stay or Go?

Stay
82%
Go
18%

Total votes: 119

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:07 am

fecking STAY!!!!

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:07 am

Come on boys lets stand strong by Sam in his hour of need, he needs us, and i know for one i'll besinging my heart out for him next match!

Come on the Whites!!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:12 am

enfieldwhite wrote:btw during the programme last night they claimed Sam made money on the Gudjohnsen deal to Chelsea. I thought Eidur left before Sam joined. Sluffy?
No such allegation was aired, but the programme claimed Peter Harrison made £1m from the deal.

There'll be enough shit sticking without us glueing it on.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:20 am

Any graphics experts on fancy knocking up a nice big desktop wallpaper with big sam on and a big INNOCENT banner that i can circulate and put up at work?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 am

Batman wrote:Craig Allardyce is a KNOB
... and he lives in Blackburn (well, Darwin, but ffs)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:33 am

He's got to stay.

Even if he's took bungs to bring in the players of the class of Youri, Bruno, Campo, Anelka, who really gives a shit if you wear the white!

Of course its a witch-hunt he banned fat bastard Green from the reebok and the beeb are still bitter!!

Harrision did well getting a million from the Eidur deal when Bolton only got £3m (the extra £1m went to Iceland to his old club!). And it was pre-Sam it was one of the deals that made Todd quit.

:pray: to BIG SAM

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:53 am

STAY

He's still a brilliant manager. I think this will push the team on to work even harder, and he can not go based on these allegations.

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:17 am

If there is a free agent [player] Say Okocha, he has a choice of clubs to go to. His agent presures him to sign for us, (with the aid of a 75k back hander) Fadiga signs for us and no-one else.

Oscar Perez??

But for example Ali Al Ahabsi now he would've been cheap, but Craig is implying he made money from this deal. How??
Stay up

Trott
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trott » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:32 am

I hope he stays and fights. Apart from everyhting that the Beeb has said I have gained a personal opinion over the years that Sam is a staight forward, honest individual and I am sticking by that.

Sincerely hope my judgement isn't proved wrong.
In the valley of the blind the one-eyed man is King"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:51 am

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:If there is a free agent [player] Say Okocha, he has a choice of clubs to go to. His agent presures him to sign for us, (with the aid of a 75k back hander) Fadiga signs for us and no-one else.

Oscar Perez??

But for example Ali Al Ahabsi now he would've been cheap, but Craig is implying he made money from this deal. How??
Okocha would have had a choice of clubs, why would you need to bung a manager - which is the accusation to take him. Agents get all the back handers, fine but that is nothing to do with Sam.

Perez granted. Why take him. Same for Fadiga, especially given his health issues.

Ali Al Habsi was a free agent, so you get a bigger signing on fee, the agent gets his cut of that. Hence you make money.

Lets be honest are we curprised that craig allardyce is a dodgy bastard? Think if you see him in the flag you could guess that he was!

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am

There was more truth in the Sunday Sports " Wellington
bomber found on the moon " or Panorama own April fools "Spaghetti Trees"
than in that sorry excuse for reporting last night. I kept watching
thinking any minute now someone is going be caught on camera accepting a
bung. They hyped ,with a lot of help from agents it has to be said, it up to be big finale and came up with sweet FA.

Only Agents came out of this in bad light and we need them out of the game.
Or like the US were the players pay the agents, never the clubs.

I listened to the phone in on 606 afterwards and only one caller, said Big Sam should be suspended
with the rider. On full pay whilst the FA investigate. I'd argue whats to
investigate. All the rest asked were's the proof. We've always suspected
agents to be dodgy this proved it.

They've chucked a lot of mud and for me non of its stuck. Other peeps
might think different. I look at that report due in october
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:39 am

But mud *does* stick.

Now, for all I've seen on the web about the programme there's ZERO evidence to present a court case against Sam. Problem is, his reputation will be tarnished nevertheless, and he'll have problems operating from now on the transfer market. Imagine that Bolton is set to buy another Peter Harrison player? Can you imagine the suspicions that will arise? And if we say "okay, let's not buy from that gobshite again to stay clear of trouble", Bolton could be potentially missing on lots of interesting players.

It sucks, but I don't see an easy way out of this without affecting the club's fortunes negatively.

Retro B
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Retro B » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 am

As a non Bolton Fan, you have to question Sams son's Role in all this?

Why is craig getting involved in transfer deals?

As for the agent harrison? he has a lot to answer for, especially for trying to tout one of our hottest youth players

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Sam Allardyce - Bungs My Arse!

Last night Panorama accused several big names of taking bungs but on evidence that was so flimsy you’d be scared to blow you nose with it. Lets examine the evidence on their big bust, none other than Sam Allardyce.

The team (led by a guy called Cnut, who is clearly dyslexic) tried to set up a dodgy agent, Peter Harrison, by saying, if you can prove that you’ve got managers on the take then we’ll buy your agency off you for the best part of £2m.
Peter: er… okayyy, yeah sure, I’ve got loads of managers on the take, so will you buy my company now?
Cnut: cool, so who’s on the take and what kind of money are they looking for?
Peter: well, there’s….. erm….no… oh, hang on there’s Sam Allardyce. I’ve got the contract ready for you to buy my company.
Cnut (leaning forward to get the money shot): So Sam Allardyce, of Bolton Wanderers, is a big fat cheat and is taking bungs on all his transfer deals?
Peter: That’s right… well I say Sam, but what I mean is his son, and I say bungs, but what I mean is that I do legitimate deals with Bolton and sort out his son with a few bob for doing the introductions. Are you still going to buy my company?
Cnut: So Sam is a dirty big cheat then?
Peter (looking at him funnily): oh yeah… but if a bung don’t work you can take them on a scouting trip to the world cup… If you buy my company I’ll give loads of bungs to anyone you want me to.
[cut to Craig Allardyce, Sam’s son, who is also a dodgy agent]
Cnut: so you speak directly to your dad do you?
Craig: Oh, yeah all the time, I just call him up and talk to him like.
Cnut: so he knows you talk to him directly
Craig (also looking at Cnut in a funny way): Yes, he’s on the other end of the phone. If I want to tell him about a player I call him directly, or sometimes I’ll tell the chief scout directly.
[cut to BBC studios]
BBC reporter: so Craig, you admit that you do deals and get paid for it
Craig: Yeah, that’s me job, I’m an agent, I sort out transfers and get commission, its how agents earn a living.
BBC reporter: So your Dad knows that you do deals and get paid for it, and is he happy about that?
Craig: Yes he knows and I hope he’s happy for me, its me job, if I did it for nothing I wouldn’t be a very good agent would I?
BBC: well there you have it, Sam Allardyce is a no good dirty lying cheating scumbag and we have proved it by encouraging dodgy agents to tell stories about him.
Next week on Panorama an in-depth investigation on how the BBC wastes the public money on dodgy investigations and subsequent law suits.

Found this prety fun worth a read @ http://www.thefootie.com/bungs-my-arse/
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 pm

Ha ha! That's brilliant. Makes the point exactly.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Papa Shango
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Papa Shango » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:07 pm

You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:08 pm

SKD signing in to show support for Big Sam - innocent until proven guilty, let's all get down to the Liverpool game and show him and the club that we are all behind them 8) - this is going to be a rough ride for everyone at the club, let's stop the witch hunt now! Those Bolton fans turning on Sam - you were just looking for an excuse and you feel this is it - tripe!!! The cretins at the BBC proved nothing last night, NOTHING!!! So sod off and support United or something, Bolton fans should be behind our club at a time like this :evil: !

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Papa Shango wrote:You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.
Don't make me hunt you down and kick your arse - get the hell off our board you big fat cretin!!!!! :evil:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:15 pm

Papa Shango wrote:You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Welcome to the site!

I hope you can join in further discussion.

And you are a supporter of.....

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:btw during the programme last night they claimed Sam made money on the Gudjohnsen deal to Chelsea. I thought Eidur left before Sam joined. Sluffy?
No such allegation was aired, but the programme claimed Peter Harrison made £1m from the deal.

There'll be enough shit sticking without us glueing it on.
No intention of piling on the shit. I obviously misheard. :oops:

I sincerely hope Sam sues the tits off the BBC and then uses the money to buy all us fans a pint at the Beehive :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"