SCOTT CARSON

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

SCOTT CARSON

Post by trotter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Before I begin I looked for another post with Scott Carson on it - could not find one so I will begin:

Scott Carson has had talks with Rafa about his future at Anfield (liverpool forum) and is concerned about how many games he will play this season, I feel that the lad has to be in the team to progress so a transfer from Liverpool must be on now, last season Dudek was promised the cup matches and I feel Carson will want more than that, so now is the time for Sammy to make his move I feel, Riena is 25 years old so he has plenty of years ahead of him and Carson would have to wait a long time for the number 1 shirt, so come on Sammy, what with McParland in place get the wheels in motion. Jussi can go for £2 to £3m saying he is not commited.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: SCOTT CARSON

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:07 pm

trotter wrote:Before I begin I looked for another post with Scott Carson on it - could not find one so I will begin:
Scott Carson has had talks with Rafa about his future at Anfield (liverpool forum) and is concerned about how many games he will play this season, I feel that the lad has to be in the team to progress so a transfer from Liverpool must be on now, last season Dudek was promised the cup matches and I feel Carson will want more than that, so now is the time for Sammy to make his move I feel, Riena is 25 years old so he has plenty of years ahead of him and Carson would have to wait a long time for the number 1 shirt, so come on Sammy, what with McParland in place get the wheels in motion. Jussi can go for £2 to £3m saying he is not commited.
:D Someone will stick up a link trotter trust me :wink:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Apparently we've already offered to loan him for a season and been turned down.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: SCOTT CARSON

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:13 pm

trotter wrote:Before I begin I looked for another post with Scott Carson on it - could not find one so I will begin:

you didn't look very hard... look in them too. "search" is magic for that.

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 232#257232

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... highlight=
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:19 pm

Told you!

Good post though and sentiments a few of us on here share though we doubt Carson will fall into our price bracket and cost a large slice of the budget for a keeper.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:33 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Told you!

Its a valid point though. Carson has been discussed at lenght in the jussi thread and in the transfer gossip thread.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:42 pm

give the lad a break, he'll be scared to post at this rate!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:44 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:give the lad a break, he'll be scared to post at this rate!
I'm just saying, it was a valid point commie made.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm

I posted last week that we're trialing a young Hungarian keeper at the moment. No further details though.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:23 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:give the lad a break, he'll be scared to post at this rate!
Agree - I've only been on the Board a couple of months, so I've not had the opportunity to look through all 8,000 posts to see if someone has posted something before - and yes I know there's a search function..give the boy a chance :-) If there's a specific problem, I'm sure the mods would be able to pick it up with a PM....

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:59 pm

Not the most communicating website I have been on regarding a forum discussion, all I want to do is be part of ONE general latest news forum whatever the topic, no good keep trailing through threads and the pics at the side use up all of the page in some cases.

But being a Wanderer, I must keep the faith.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:03 pm

trotter wrote:Not the most communicating website I have been on regarding a forum discussion, all I want to do is be part of ONE general latest news forum whatever the topic, no good keep trailing through threads and the pics at the side use up all of the page in some cases.

:wink: But at least it ain't a board full of sheep.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:09 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
trotter wrote:Not the most communicating website I have been on regarding a forum discussion, all I want to do is be part of ONE general latest news forum whatever the topic, no good keep trailing through threads and the pics at the side use up all of the page in some cases.

:wink: But at least it ain't a board full of sheep.
No sheep allowed, surely - they get baa-ed...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:11 pm

How can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:35 pm

trotter wrote:How can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?
Is that a joke?
I don't know, how can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Follow the thread puskas :roll:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:57 pm

trotter wrote:Follow the thread puskas :roll:
But I do - I am Theseus-like in my thread following. I'm just trying to think of a good punchline for the "How do you get from Scott Carson to a sheep?" joke.
Woolly jumpers keep springing to mind. For some reason.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 pm

Puskas wrote:
trotter wrote:Follow the thread puskas :roll:
But I do - I am Theseus-like in my thread following. I'm just trying to think of a good punchline for the "How do you get from Scott Carson to a sheep?" joke.
Woolly jumpers keep springing to mind. For some reason.
:lol:

Very good - I've not heard that one before.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:52 pm

After the Ben Haim debacle I'm tempted to choose Scott Carson over a Jaaskalainen who's got one eye on a move to another club. If there's no resolving the contract dispute with Jussi then I can't see any benefit in keeping him if we can get a qualified replacement like Carson in to fight with Al Habsi for the spot. Inprovements to the defense and fitness of the midfield would partially alleviate the need for a keeper who can pull off mind-blowing saves.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Puskas wrote:
trotter wrote:How can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?
Is that a joke?
I don't know, how can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?
Is it "To get to the other side?" or maybe just "You can't" and it's a rubbish joke.