Megson Out - Who Next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Next Manager

Mark Hughes
62%
Paul Jewell
4%
Alan Irvine
No votes
Owen Coyle
11%
Billy Davies
2%
Darren Ferguson
5%
Ian Dowie
No votes
Graeme Penis
4%
Neil Warnock
1%
Me & my Mum
8%
Other...................
4%

Total votes: 106

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Megson Out - Who Next?

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Time for a poll, as after tonight even his mate Phil must know that's it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Megson Out - Who Next?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 pm

fatshaft wrote:Time for a poll, as after tonight even his mate Phil must know that's it.
Oh no, Fatshaft. Apparently Megson's successor's entirely unimportant. Bod's aunt Maude's as good as anyone, so it seems. Don't get me wrong, if Megson hadn't already shot his bolt then he did so doubly tonight. But there are those that think that it's ok to dismiss him without nominating a suitable successor.
Do they lack the courage of their own convictions?
Good call to put up a poll!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Me and my mum. She hates football. People who like Megson would understand.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 pm

What- no Souness option?
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 pm

I am of the opinion that Sparky wouldnt even consider coming to us, so, for me, its a straight choice between Alan Irvine and You & your mum

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Owen Coyle would be a breath of fresh air - its possible....he cited our money and set up, cheekily, on Saturday...one can dream...

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:What- no Souness option?
<cough> I guess his Scottish nickname didn;t quite make it down here eh? There's one Graeme in the poll :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:20 pm

what possible reason would coyle have for jumping ship to Bolton at this juncture?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:21 pm

fatshaft wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:What- no Souness option?
<cough> I guess his Scottish nickname didn;t quite make it down here eh? There's one Graeme in the poll :wink:
Ah- we move in different circles methinks. How about Terry Butcher then?
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 pm

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Image

Good shout - can a mod add him?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Hughes is the stand out option, IF he could be persuaded. Worth a go though, it's certainly not beyond the realms of realism. Couldn't really see Coyle jumping ship, which leaves Curbs and Darren Ferguson as the only ones mentioned I'd be really HAPPY about. Markus Babbel worth a shout, and BIlic would be awesome. I do think it's time to go, but I don't just want anyone. Jewell, Souness, Dowie to name just a few I'd be well unhappy with.

An option I haven't heard mentioned yet, and one I'd be delighted with, Dave Jones.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

shevchenko54
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shevchenko54 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 pm

I think the only real progressive appointment would be Ol Red Nose the 2nd! He is unproven, but so is Coyle and look at his current credentials. He is out of work, would be cheap to employ, and probably still lives in Cheshire.

Curbs has been out of the game too long and i doubt he'd migrate ooop North anyway!

Why would Hughes not come? List his clubs...Jokeburn and City! It's not like he's managed anyone who has a much greater pedigree than us (and before the boo boys come, he managed Citeh before the money and before everyone thought as them as a BIG club).

So that's it then........Hughes or Ferguson for me!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:01 am

Prufrock wrote:Hughes is the stand out option, IF he could be persuaded. Worth a go though, it's certainly not beyond the realms of realism. Couldn't really see Coyle jumping ship, which leaves Curbs and Darren Ferguson as the only ones mentioned I'd be really HAPPY about. Markus Babbel worth a shout, and BIlic would be awesome. I do think it's time to go, but I don't just want anyone. Jewell, Souness, Dowie to name just a few I'd be well unhappy with.

An option I haven't heard mentioned yet, and one I'd be delighted with, Dave Jones.
Agreed. I think it's time to go, aslong as there's the right man to come in. Sacking him for Dowie for example, isn't solving anything.

Hughes is the stand out option, I agree, but can anyone really see him taking it. Really? I just think it'd be viewed as a massive step back for him.

Curbs is the man, with Bilic close second.

dionnn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dionnn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am

Even my Nan would be a better manager and she has been dead for 6 years

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:05 am

Tombwfc wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Hughes is the stand out option, IF he could be persuaded. Worth a go though, it's certainly not beyond the realms of realism. Couldn't really see Coyle jumping ship, which leaves Curbs and Darren Ferguson as the only ones mentioned I'd be really HAPPY about. Markus Babbel worth a shout, and BIlic would be awesome. I do think it's time to go, but I don't just want anyone. Jewell, Souness, Dowie to name just a few I'd be well unhappy with.

Agreed. I think it's time to go, aslong as there's the right man to come in. Sacking him for Dowie for example, isn't solving anything.

Hughes is the stand out option, I agree, but can anyone really see him taking it. Really? I just think it'd be viewed as a massive step back for him.

People who know football....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

People who know football....
Don't, please, don't. I can see that actually happening.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 am

shevchenko54 wrote:I think the only real progressive appointment would be Ol Red Nose the 2nd!
I'm thinking it is. I would have Billy Davies, but he's not jumping ship with Forrest on a good thing.

If Bolton don't grab him now, he'll be gone in two weeks to Sheff Weds, Reading, or anbyone who sacks their manager now. Six weeks out of work, he wont be available much longer.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 am

I've said Curbishley all along, and I stand by that. We should ask Hughes though.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 am

Steve Coppell?