Arsenal v Bolton (match thread)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 pm

truewhite15 wrote:there's no way we would have suffered that scoreline had we not had to reshuffle following a sending off
Woteva

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:28 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:there's no way we would have suffered that scoreline had we not had to reshuffle following a sending off
Woteva
Pfft. :roll:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm

fook me we lost against the arsenal wat are we playing at i of to slit me wrists :help:

lonestar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lonestar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:For feck's sake. Our season isn't decided by dint of how we get on away at Arsenal. feck me, there are some proper chods that claim to support BWFC these days.
YOU'RE ONE MOUTHY TOSSER .anybody can see coyle made a cock up letting ali go .and as for cahill put rickets in with zat and he won't be missed. get rid in january and get some creativity and pace in the team

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:31 pm

lonestar wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:For feck's sake. Our season isn't decided by dint of how we get on away at Arsenal. feck me, there are some proper chods that claim to support BWFC these days.
YOU'RE ONE MOUTHY TOSSER .anybody can see coyle made a cock up letting ali go .and as for cahill put rickets in with zat and he won't be missed. get rid in january and get some creativity and pace in the team
I rest my case.

(I think this one's been to the pub. Look out)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:32 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
James B wrote:sounds like some more controversy at the emirated but unlike last time it didn't make too much difference. by all accounts we were soundly beaten and i'm hardly surprised. if coyle carries on with this cavalier attitude against sides that are clearly better than us then we could get into trouble.

cannot see anything but more of the same against villa and united.
We didn't play 442 today yer know
even worse when you consider the personnel we had on the pitch

he's tactically naive

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
I rest my case.

Bloody hell, they're all out tonight, aren't they? Anyone would think that we'd had 22 men on against Leyton Orient and contrived to lose 9-0. Jesus wept.

lonestar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lonestar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm

say's you watching it on your computer :whack:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm

it's a dent to are title hopes :?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 pm

James B wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
James B wrote:sounds like some more controversy at the emirated but unlike last time it didn't make too much difference. by all accounts we were soundly beaten and i'm hardly surprised. if coyle carries on with this cavalier attitude against sides that are clearly better than us then we could get into trouble.

cannot see anything but more of the same against villa and united.
We didn't play 442 today yer know
even worse when you consider the personnel we had on the pitch

he's tactically naive
Now that...I don't have much argument with

HE certainly needs to learn to be more flexible with his squad.

So, you say OK first game away at a top team of the new season. Whats he going to do at Aston Villa (not exactly a top team but another game I would not approach with Davies/Elmander/Lee/Petrov all playing)? It calls for a different approach - and it will be interesting to see if it gets one.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
I rest my case.

Bloody hell, they're all out tonight, aren't they? Anyone would think that we'd had 22 men on against Leyton Orient and contrived to lose 9-0. Jesus wept.
Indeed. However, apparently today's defeat away at Arsenal is due to all manner of things, other than that their alloted amount of players for the game were better than ours.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:43 pm

My two pennorth.

Our midfield looked very fecking light today. Not the first occasion that a Bolton MF looked light against Arsenal or any of the top 4. Great composure from Lee to set up Elmo, but Lee isn't yet looking like last season's player. Petrov hasn't started firing for me either, and I thought Holden had a quiet one today, so it was always going to be tough.

Defensively, we were all over the shop and it could have been worse but for some last ditch tackles. First goal was a soft one, but the two that followed where we had first, both CD's stood marking nothing, as the ball dropped over their heads, and an out of position Robinson for the third, were particularly worrysome. It almost looked like they were trying some bizarre zonal system.

Half time, we weren't that far off the pace.

Trying to judge Bogdan on the back of a 4-1 dicking is probably about a stupid as it comes - I'm not convinced that Jussi or Al Habs would have had any significant bearing on the result.

Great to see Elmo bag his 3rd of the season, Davo I thought had at best a mixed game and I thought he was marshalled pretty well and looked fairly ineffective for lots of it.

OC - Think there are games where we need an additional out and out tackler in MF and this was probably one of them.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
I rest my case.

Indeed. However, apparently today's defeat away at Arsenal is due to all manner of things, other than that their alloted amount of players for the game were better than ours.
I would add a very very suspect red card into the category of "reasons we lost away to one of the best teams in England", but apart from that, I agree.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:47 pm

lonestar wrote:
Explain.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
Explain.
Well, apparently, not having the time/being able to afford the trip down to Arsenal makes you somewhat less of a fan. Or possibly an idiotic fan, regardless of viewpoint or belief.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
Explain.
Well, apparently, not having the time/being able to afford the trip down to Arsenal makes you somewhat less of a fan. Or possibly an idiotic fan, regardless of viewpoint or belief.
I think the difficulty is the correlation between how many times you watch the team live and the concept of "chodiness".

You obviously can't be a chod if you're at every match. This is a fact.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Sir Nut wrote:Didnt expect much from this game anyway, best players by a mile have been Lee, Elmander and Robinson, Bodgan has made some cracking saves but cant keep them all out, id hate to see the shots at goal stat. Anyway our luck couldnt carry on and lets just hope Coyle starts putting things right, it was like we was playing with 10 men before Cahill got sent off anyway. The ref is also wank, Free kick against Lee on the Edge of the box.

Bring on de Villa!
Worst summary ever to be fair. Lee was pretty quiet despite the cross for the goal, Elmo did have a good game but Robinson was shown up against a quicker set of players. at 2-1 I'd say that was a reasonable result, we're playing Arsenal you expect the defence to be stretched. The only thing Coyle will need to do is get them pepped up for the next game, he has nothing 'to put right'.

We played Arsenal for feck sake not one of our close rivals. It was never going to be easy
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:
Explain.
I think the difficulty is the correlation between how many times you watch the team live and the concept of "chodiness".

A chod is a chod is a chod. Attendance alters nowt.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
lonestar wrote:say's you watching it on your computer :whack:
Explain.

A chod is a chod is a chod. Attendance alters nowt.
Says you, watching it on your computer. :whack:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

THIS.
Pfffft.