This is why Arsenal fans have no credibility whatsoever

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:WHO THE feck IS DAN SMITH? Someone ask the bell end tony hart look a like who wrote that shite!
He admits he c***ed his article up and wouldn't change it , here's his reply

Tony
September 12th, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Yes sorry – I screwed up. I won’t go back and change my article because that would be dishonest and put me on a level with the Times who re-write cockups as if they were acting out “1984″.

I write many of my articles as a set of notes, trying to get my thoughts in order. This time I did just that, but I wrote the notes first on Sunday morning, then went off for a lovely time with the grandchildren, and then came back Sunday lunchtime and wrote the article – but misinterpreted my own notes.

Here’s the real bit

Sunderland attack on Diaby = Smith
Birmingham attack on Eduardo = Taylor
Stoke attack on Ramsey = Shawcross
bolton attack on Diaby = Robsinon

And it was Billy the Dog who was drinking in the 02 Blue room on Club Level. I think he thought that there would not be free drink and free food aplenty – and actually the literature 02 put out is not 100% clear on those points, at least not clear to someone who has downed 9 pints on the basis that he won’t be getting any more during the game.

Apologies to everyone for my cock up. Not the first and won’t be the last, but you know I mean well.

But here’s a thought. Yesterday when I got home from the game the BBC were saying on teletext that Chelsea had extended their lead at the top (actually they hadn’t – their goal difference had been cut by one goal). Sunday morning they were saying that “The victory moves the Gunners into second place” – which is odd since we were already clearly there.

And the big difference is that whoever wrote that for the BBC is paid to do it. I only do this because I hate Bolton.
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Smug git

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Good to see that Arsenal fans know their place in the order of things. They hate Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland....

After all, it'd look silly for a club like Arsenal to have rivals amongst the group of clubs that actually achieve things.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Good to see that Arsenal fans know their place in the order of things. They hate Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland....

After all, it'd look silly for a club like Arsenal to have rivals amongst the group of clubs that actually achieve things.

:D

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm getting very sick and tired of Arsenal as a club, from it's fans to its players to its staff seeing itself as some sort of "cure" to this terrible, violent English Premier League.

Absolute snobs the lot of them, with extremely short memories too.

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Can someone please write him a decent come back, he sounds like a real know it all and his attempt at humour is just pathetic Image

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Alien3 wrote:Can someone please write him a decent come back, he sounds like a real know it all and his attempt at humour is just pathetic Image
One of the replies from a Bolton fan on there appears to have been written by a spastic child :? :?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm

it would be very tempting to edit that wiki page now... wouldn't it??? anyone???

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm

thebish wrote:

it would be very tempting to edit that wiki page now... wouldn't it??? anyone???
I've been fighting that very temptation for the last 20 minutes 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm

East Lower wrote:
thebish wrote:

I've been fighting that very temptation for the last 20 minutes 8)
me too.....

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:37 pm

East Lower wrote:
Alien3 wrote:Can someone please write him a decent come back, he sounds like a real know it all and his attempt at humour is just pathetic Image
One of the replies from a Bolton fan on there appears to have been written by a spastic child :? :?

That's sort of what i meant Image :shock:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Where are you reading this!!!???
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Alien3 wrote:
East Lower wrote:

Makes sense now....

Hopefully we'll get something juicier than the efforts that have been made so far

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Where are you reading this!!!???
Click on the link at the top of the 1st post then read the responses.

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:44 pm

East Lower wrote:
Alien3 wrote:
East Lower wrote:

Makes sense now....

Hopefully we'll get something juicier than the efforts that have been made so far

I have every confidence :D
Last edited by Juewanderer on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:44 pm

I've written a response...
First William Gallas and now Abou Diaby – the list of criminals walking the streets of England after committing violent and pre-meditated assault seems to grow by the day. In any just society they would all be in prison for their attacks on footballers, with their managers at least on remand pending deeper inquiries.

And yet it is not so. The Abou Diaby attack on Robinson in the Arsenal / Bolton game was atrocious beyond measure but the ref did nothing of significance, the lino did nothing and the manager made nothing of it.

Arsene Wenger, currently running this most disreputable of clubs approached the cameras after the game with a look of dumb despair of a man who knows he has no case and yet desperately needs to make one up.

His side had just lost 18-5 in terms of shots, had scored a goal dependent wholly on a cock-up in the Arsenal defence, and who had tried to kick their way to a draw. The club had even sold so few tickets for the game that for what I think must be the first time ever the audience sank to below 60,000 for a league match.

For a manager of a lower caste southern club Wenger has every desirable character except one. I don’t mean brains, because not only is that of no merit when managing a team such as Arsenal, but rather I speak of the ability to handle situations without breaking into fantasy.

In the presence of the indefensible, for example, he puts on what he must believe is a stern grimace and lets his eyes protrude somewhat. But in attempting to look grim he looks instead rather like a character from a 1950s boys comic in which caricatures of leaders of the Conservative Party are drawn as cowboys and goatherds.

Such men as Wenger, are engaged in the task of encouraging the mutilation of limbs of some of the brightest talent, and yet they lack the Presence of, say, Jack the Ripper or the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the ability to put the head down and get out of town of Dr Crippin.

It is the lack of presence that distinguishes these violence junkies from the great managers such as Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulus, both of whom have Presence in abundance.

Which is not to say I lake the negative approach Wenger adopts, but rather that he is a great personality. These characters like Wenger are like men utterly out of their depth in the world of popular entertainment – men who, when the spotlight falls upon them, scratch their chins or pick at their sleeves, shrug the shoulders quite a bit and mumble incoherent half sentences in their native tongue generally with the overall flavour of blaming someone else.

My point is that Coyle and Big Sam take responsibility and do it their way – utterly different ways as it turns out, but in each case their way. People like Allerdyce, Wenger, Pullis and indeed I would add McCarthy who is building an Allerdyce style approach at Wolverhampton, are entertainers, and really care too much about the notion. They take responsibility, just like the players they send out, and if the crowds turn up because the football they offer isgreat, that’s hardly their fault.

If men like Steinsson, Campo and Mark Davies are put out of the game for long periods then that’s not their fault. They shrug their shoulders and scratch their chins. Will any action be taken against Abou Diaby for his attempt at serious injury? Will he be put up against the wall and told in no uncertain terms that he will never be allowed on a football pitch again? I doubt it.

When we consider that the reward that Gallas got for his inexcusable assault on Ramsey was a call up to a bigger team, in Spurs, it seems unlikely. When we consider the way Diaby was back in the Arsenal team three games after he attempted to end Campo’s career, I doubt it again. Quite possibly he has already been made Lord of the Manor in Arsenalshire.

Wenger, Diaby and Arsenal should be out of the game, but then so should those managers who encourage them and their like. The tragedy is, they are still there, and still encouraged by their paymasters on Sky and at the BBC and ITV, forever saying, “that’s the way to beat Arsenal, they don’t like hypocrisy…”
Abou Diaby is a disgrace, as is his manager, but that it seems is now the price of playing in the EPL.
8)

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 pm

East Lower wrote:I've written a response...
First William Gallas and now Abou Diaby – the list of criminals walking the streets of England after committing violent and pre-meditated assault seems to grow by the day. In any just society they would all be in prison for their attacks on footballers, with their managers at least on remand pending deeper inquiries.

And yet it is not so. The Abou Diaby attack on Robinson in the Arsenal / Bolton game was atrocious beyond measure but the ref did nothing of significance, the lino did nothing and the manager made nothing of it.

Arsene Wenger, currently running this most disreputable of clubs approached the cameras after the game with a look of dumb despair of a man who knows he has no case and yet desperately needs to make one up.

His side had just lost 18-5 in terms of shots, had scored a goal dependent wholly on a cock-up in the Arsenal defence, and who had tried to kick their way to a draw. The club had even sold so few tickets for the game that for what I think must be the first time ever the audience sank to below 60,000 for a league match.

For a manager of a lower caste southern club Wenger has every desirable character except one. I don’t mean brains, because not only is that of no merit when managing a team such as Arsenal, but rather I speak of the ability to handle situations without breaking into fantasy.

In the presence of the indefensible, for example, he puts on what he must believe is a stern grimace and lets his eyes protrude somewhat. But in attempting to look grim he looks instead rather like a character from a 1950s boys comic in which caricatures of leaders of the Conservative Party are drawn as cowboys and goatherds.

Such men as Wenger, are engaged in the task of encouraging the mutilation of limbs of some of the brightest talent, and yet they lack the Presence of, say, Jack the Ripper or the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the ability to put the head down and get out of town of Dr Crippin.

It is the lack of presence that distinguishes these violence junkies from the great managers such as Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulus, both of whom have Presence in abundance.

Which is not to say I lake the negative approach Wenger adopts, but rather that he is a great personality. These characters like Wenger are like men utterly out of their depth in the world of popular entertainment – men who, when the spotlight falls upon them, scratch their chins or pick at their sleeves, shrug the shoulders quite a bit and mumble incoherent half sentences in their native tongue generally with the overall flavour of blaming someone else.

My point is that Coyle and Big Sam take responsibility and do it their way – utterly different ways as it turns out, but in each case their way. People like Allerdyce, Wenger, Pullis and indeed I would add McCarthy who is building an Allerdyce style approach at Wolverhampton, are entertainers, and really care too much about the notion. They take responsibility, just like the players they send out, and if the crowds turn up because the football they offer isgreat, that’s hardly their fault.

If men like Steinsson, Campo and Mark Davies are put out of the game for long periods then that’s not their fault. They shrug their shoulders and scratch their chins. Will any action be taken against Abou Diaby for his attempt at serious injury? Will he be put up against the wall and told in no uncertain terms that he will never be allowed on a football pitch again? I doubt it.

When we consider that the reward that Gallas got for his inexcusable assault on Ramsey was a call up to a bigger team, in Spurs, it seems unlikely. When we consider the way Diaby was back in the Arsenal team three games after he attempted to end Campo’s career, I doubt it again. Quite possibly he has already been made Lord of the Manor in Arsenalshire.

Wenger, Diaby and Arsenal should be out of the game, but then so should those managers who encourage them and their like. The tragedy is, they are still there, and still encouraged by their paymasters on Sky and at the BBC and ITV, forever saying, “that’s the way to beat Arsenal, they don’t like hypocrisy…”
Abou Diaby is a disgrace, as is his manager, but that it seems is now the price of playing in the EPL.
8)
Now that's fighting talk Image

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Just tell the silly bugger to pee off to spec savers!! thats all you need to do, why engage a moron with the brain of a labour mp and the morals of an allycat :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:56 pm

That was written from notes?! This guy thinks he's a real journamalist then? Allerdyce, Dan Smith, 'popular entertainment'. Can I be arsed even reading the responses on his blog? Well, yes, but only because I'm really bored, and he's a really big arse.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.