Carling Cup 3rd Round - Burnley Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:13 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Fcuk me.

It's about 2,000.

If it was 1,890 and they were still selling them this morning.

I predict using some farily scientific heuristics that it might be around 2,001 on that basis.

Oh and no point ringing 'em. They stopped selling them at 13:00.
Sorry I was taking the piss!

Just amuses me that folk are ringing the ticket office to ask how many we've sold. I just imagine them ringing with a dirty old man voice "ey up how many we sold for Burnley".

:mrgreen:
Fcuk me :shock:

I bet you're glad I asked, otherwise you wouldn't know :roll:
Yeah otherwise I'd have to do a headcount at the game.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Didn't we sell out on Boxing day? That was £30 odd a ticket. Disappointed we haven't taken the full allocation tbh
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Thought Burnley away was dearer than that last year? Seem to remember it being

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm

boltonboris wrote:Didn't we sell out on Boxing day? That was £30 odd a ticket. Disappointed we haven't taken the full allocation tbh
Did they give us 4K though?

They may have done, though a boxing day game will always be different I guess to an early cup round midweek.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 pm

1) Who actually cares?

2) Boxing Day attendances are always higher than midweek cup games. Unless its really, really important. Which it isn't, to us at least.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:1) Who actually cares?

2) Boxing Day attendances are always higher than midweek cup games. Unless its really, really important. Which it isn't, to us at least.

BWFC Insane

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:39 pm

East Lower wrote:

BWFC Insane

And Batman - sorry, East lower - who was moaning and whining about it on the previous page.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:41 pm

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:

BWFC Insane

And Batman - sorry, East lower - who was moaning and whining about it on the previous page.
I was hardly moaning and whining, I was informing and moaning and whining. The other bit, well, you're wrong on that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 pm

I don't care.

And as I said above Boxing day games when local are always well attended.

Personally I think 2000 tonight will be a decent turnout from us, as LK rightly points out its not even our second biggest game of the week.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm

I don't care that much about the size of the fans turnout - but I DO care about the result - the day won't come when I don't care if we win or lose.... I hope not anyway - if it does I shall cash in my Nursing Home bond and take to my bed shouting NURSE! NURSE! all day...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 pm

thebish wrote:I don't care that much about the size of the fans turnout - but I DO care about the result - the day won't come when I don't care if we win or lose.... I hope not anyway - if it does I shall cash in my Nursing Home bond and take to my bed shouting NURSE! NURSE! all day...
I care about the result Bish. But not as much as the result against Villa or Man Utd on Sunday.

Those are bigger than this is. If that is possible (which in my head at least it is).

I think all Bolton fans care about the result.

Its just this is Burnleys biggest game of the decade. Whereas for us its not even our biggest game of the week.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:51 pm

I think one paper said that tonight's result will 'vindicate' Coyle's decision to move, should we win.

What absolute bollocks. I could think of five reasons why it has already been vindicated completely.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:53 pm

East Lower wrote:I think one paper said that tonight's result will 'vindicate' Coyle's decision to move, should we win.

What absolute bollocks. I could think of five reasons why it has already been vindicated completely.
Indeed and in some cases it will be our third/fourth choice players playing, so effectively Burnley v Bolton (reserves).

Hardly a measure of him "making the right decision".

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
East Lower wrote:I think one paper said that tonight's result will 'vindicate' Coyle's decision to move, should we win.

Indeed and in some cases it will be our third/fourth choice players playing, so effectively Burnley v Bolton (reserves).

Hardly a measure of him "making the right decision".
That said, we'd better win :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:I don't care that much about the size of the fans turnout - but I DO care about the result - the day won't come when I don't care if we win or lose.... I hope not anyway - if it does I shall cash in my Nursing Home bond and take to my bed shouting NURSE! NURSE! all day...
I care about the result Bish. But not as much as the result against Villa or Man Utd on Sunday.

Those are bigger than this is. If that is possible (which in my head at least it is).

I think all Bolton fans care about the result.
I wouldn't be so sure - this thread started with suggestions that we throw the game...

edit - OK - looking back, it was mostly LK!
Lord Kangana wrote:F*ck em,and give em a bye into the next round.

The audible sound of deflated expectation would make my day (well, maybe my five minutes as I couldn't give a shite about Burnley.)
Last edited by thebish on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Along the same lines.........

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/co ... p/?ref=rss

Page 2 of this very thread.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Its just this is Burnleys biggest game of the decade. Whereas for us its not even our biggest game of the week.
Maybe in terms of overall importance, but in terms of it being an occasion 2,000 is a shitload more than we took to VP on Saturday
May the bridges I burn light your way

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:41 pm

How many was there at Arsenal?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Along the same lines.........

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/co ... p/?ref=rss. Page 2 of this very thread.
Quite ironic that our main defenders on there are Blackburn supporters. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:How many was there at Arsenal?
About 1500

Less than 1000 at West Ham