Davo in an England Shirt

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:18 pm

not seen this posted, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9086942.stm not arsed if it has.

Clarence Worley always said, if he had to feck a guy... I mean had to, if his life depended on it... he'd feck Davies.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Posting on open forums doth not a football expert make. As for people who write reviews, impartiality and unpredjudiced reports are supposed to be the order of the day. That's half of them out of work already then. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:59 pm

TKIZ! wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... -qualifier

I think this one sums up a journalist that wasn't watching the game that we all were
As for Kevin Davies: it took Bolton's bruiser 16 minutes to collect the first yellow card of his international career and not much longer for him to leave his imprint on Montenegro's goalkeeper in a style that might have prompted his dismissal.
Does he mean the moment where Kev touched the ball into the keeper's chest, and got whistled for it by the Ed Milliband lookalike ref? That'd deserve a yellow, would it? If so, Linekar wouldn't have had a great disciplinary record had he been 20 years younger.

It's as if this stuff was written before the match.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 pm

I think you've misinterpreted the incident KB. It was the one where two Montenegran defenders were wrestling Davo to the floor with one of them wanting to swap shirts before the final whistle and he still managed to get to the ball.

If I didn't know better I'd be tempted to wonder whether, having painted themselves into a corner before the game, several journo's didn't have the balls to admit they were wrong.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think you've misinterpreted the incident KB. It was the one where two Montenegran defenders were wrestling Davo to the floor with one of them wanting to swap shirts before the final whistle and he still managed to get to the ball.

If I didn't know better I'd be tempted to wonder whether, having painted themselves into a corner before the game, several journo's didn't have the balls to admit they were wrong.
Bar our own DSB, journo's never admit they are wrong!
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

What did everyone expect, not only do journos hate BWFC and Davo, but the hate Capello that much they would prefer Allardyce in charge! And he ruins every match they ever go to.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:30 pm

It's true. The comments today are awful. Bemoaning the lack of progress but not naming any viable alternatives

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Well ,it's taken me all day but FINALLY i've found a journalist who hasn't slagged our Kevin offImage Read it and weep Mr Samuel and all the rest who you'd care to mention! Image

How Kevin Davies became a pawn for the anti-Capello brigade

By Darren Lewis

Published 11:02 13/10/10

Kevin-Davies-

He may not have started the match or scored a goal but I was delighted for Kevin Davies last night.

Mostly because I have been staggered at the hypocrisy that his call-up to the England squad exposed last week.

Before then I'd listened to all sorts of people - lots of whom were in the media - either pushing or endorsing his claims and the fact that Davies should be playing at international level.

You have heard it yourself. Every weekend after a good performance from the Bolton man the old line would come out: 'I don't know why he doesn't get picked for England'.

Then they'd follow it up with: 'If he'd been playing for an Arsenal, a Spurs or one of the big clubs he'd get a look in but because its little old Bolton he'll never get a chance.'

Suddenly he gets called up for England and it's a disgrace. Fabio Capello is accused of taking the England team backwards and all hell breaks loose.

And it's hard to not to believe the inescapable fact that the people who pushed Davies' claims back in the day only did so because they didn't think Capello would ever call him up.

They pretty much believed they were on a sure thing using that particular stick to beat the Italian with.

Now that Capello has called their bluff, however, Davies - an honest, popular pro who never gives less than 100 per cent - is seeing who his friends are.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... z12GxwyP2S /
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Alien3 wrote:Well ,it's taken me all day but FINALLY i've found a journalist who hasn't slagged our Kevin offImage Read it and weep Mr Samuel and all the rest who you'd care to mention! Image

How Kevin Davies became a pawn for the anti-Capello brigade

By Darren Lewis

Published 11:02 13/10/10

Kevin-Davies-

He may not have started the match or scored a goal but I was delighted for Kevin Davies last night.

Mostly because I have been staggered at the hypocrisy that his call-up to the England squad exposed last week.

Before then I'd listened to all sorts of people - lots of whom were in the media - either pushing or endorsing his claims and the fact that Davies should be playing at international level.

You have heard it yourself. Every weekend after a good performance from the Bolton man the old line would come out: 'I don't know why he doesn't get picked for England'.

Then they'd follow it up with: 'If he'd been playing for an Arsenal, a Spurs or one of the big clubs he'd get a look in but because its little old Bolton he'll never get a chance.'

Suddenly he gets called up for England and it's a disgrace. Fabio Capello is accused of taking the England team backwards and all hell breaks loose.

And it's hard to not to believe the inescapable fact that the people who pushed Davies' claims back in the day only did so because they didn't think Capello would ever call him up.

They pretty much believed they were on a sure thing using that particular stick to beat the Italian with.

Now that Capello has called their bluff, however, Davies - an honest, popular pro who never gives less than 100 per cent - is seeing who his friends are.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... z12GxwyP2S /
Probably the most honest piece today really
Pfffft.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 am

I've always liked Danny Lewis.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

Good article. Really the criticism thrown in the direction of KD the past few days is pathetic beyond belief. First they jump on the England players for not being proud enough to don the England shirt. Then they jump on Capello for not experimenting enough with the squad, then jump on him again when he does. Carroll has one great game in the PL and suddenly he is the next England saviour. No wonder England never do anything it's more like a circus than a sport but a lot less entertaining.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:47 am

The writer of that Guardioan article is a prize c0ck and doesnt deserve any of our column inches, let alone his own.

To criticise him challenging the keeper was just so pathetic.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 am

I've not read ANY reports apart from the Bolton News one. I can't stand the character assassination that's been aimed at Davo in the last 9 days. It's been appalling to read and totally unfounded.

Well done Kev, we were all proud of you. You brought the game to life and had a decent game. feck anyone who doesn't think the same! They can't take that cap off you now, and you'll come home on Saturday to a ROARING reception!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bo ... 00983.html

Oh well, our walking, talking feel good machine has said it like we all think it

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:34 am

To be honest I don't thinkk it is only the journos who are, were negative towards SKD. I doubt the likes of Rooney and Gerrard would have enjoyed this "Upstart" coming on and then scoring. He didn't really get welcomed by other players and when he played balls on they seemed to mentally shrug shoulders and backpedal. Now Capello has had the balls to throw on SKD let's hope he has the balls to throw off Rooney, Crouch and Cole for the France game and give those willing to work, a la SKD, a start, not a few minutes at the end. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:12 am

Gravedigger wrote:To be honest I don't thinkk it is only the journos who are, were negative towards SKD. I doubt the likes of Rooney and Gerrard would have enjoyed this "Upstart" coming on and then scoring. He didn't really get welcomed by other players and when he played balls on they seemed to mentally shrug shoulders and backpedal. Now Capello has had the balls to throw on SKD let's hope he has the balls to throw off Rooney, Crouch and Cole for the France game and give those willing to work, a la SKD, a start, not a few minutes at the end. 8)
Bollocks.

What do you want for a welcome? He came on, we created more chances, the rest of em tried to take those chances. F*ck me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.