Everton away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm

It will be a horrible night. Can't see us winning and 30 notes on a cold night in Merseyside, no thanks. Couldn't think of a worse way to spend my birthday!

I remeber the youri masterclass..... Was that the same game Big Duncan got sent off? He was on as a sub for about 5mins and uppercut Freddie Bobic.

He must of thought "German!!!! GET HIM!!!!"

Hillarious!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Randy Watson wrote:It will be a horrible night. Can't see us winning and 30 notes on a cold night in Merseyside, no thanks. Couldn't think of a worse way to spend my birthday!

I remeber the youri masterclass..... Was that the same game Big Duncan got sent off? He was on as a sub for about 5mins and uppercut Freddie Bobic.

Hillarious!
Sometimes, just somtimes, these are the best nights . (See Whatmore. Neil. - 18/01/77)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:It will be a horrible night. Can't see us winning and 30 notes on a cold night in Merseyside, no thanks. Couldn't think of a worse way to spend my birthday!

Hillarious!
Sometimes, just somtimes, these are the best nights . (See Whatmore. Neil. - 18/01/77)
Maybe your right..... will prob leave it to the last minute to decide I'm going. There will be plenty of tickets.
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Sometimes, just somtimes, these are the best nights . (See Whatmore. Neil. - 18/01/77)
I was 10 years old, listening to the commentary on my transistor radio whilst hidden underneath the bedclothes. When Whatmore scored I screamed into my pillow - I was meant to be asleep, see, and hardly slept a wink that night!
May the bridges I burn light your way

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 pm

thebish wrote:
Verbal wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Domed!

1-3.... :-(
Quite right. DOMED!
Oh shush you dome mongers

all bloody dome and glome - c'mon you whites!

:mrgreen:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Sometimes, just somtimes, these are the best nights . (See Whatmore. Neil. - 18/01/77)
I was 10 years old, listening to the commentary on my transistor radio whilst hidden underneath the bedclothes. When Whatmore scored I screamed into my pillow - I was meant to be asleep, see, and hardly slept a wink that night!
:D brilliant

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:50 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Every word is true, my friend, and I remember it all!
May the bridges I burn light your way

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Nah I can believe it. Have similar memories of sneakily having teletext on rolling around til 10pm and more waiting for confirmation of results one way or another

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

sports scores on teletext, I remember it well.

thanks f**k for technological advancement

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah and the one on ITV used proper stress you out when it went onto the advert page and you were expecting be back on page 1 for the Wanderers score

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Yeah and the one on ITV used proper stress you out when it went onto the advert page and you were expecting be back on page 1 for the Wanderers score

Still remember the joy of literally watching teletext, it was that good, and possibly a Sunday or something, because was the only game on the page, as Newcastle dismantled the Rags. Philip Albert, je t'aime.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:Yeah and the one on ITV used proper stress you out when it went onto the advert page and you were expecting be back on page 1 for the Wanderers score

Still remember the joy of literally watching teletext, it was that good, and possibly a Sunday or something, because was the only game on the page, as Newcastle dismantled the Rags. Philip Albert, je t'aime.
You pov :D

Watched that game on sky, thought is was amazing and even sent Keegan a letter congratulating him, to which there was no reply...w@nker :twisted:

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am

thebish wrote:
Verbal wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Domed!

1-3.... :-(
Quite right. DOMED!
Oh shush you dome mongers

all bloody dome and glome - c'mon you whites!
A dome on the Reebok wouldn't be too bad. When it rains we can all say we're DOMMMMED!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I was 10 years old, listening to the commentary on my transistor radio whilst hidden underneath the bedclothes. When Whatmore scored I screamed into my pillow - I was meant to be asleep, see, and hardly slept a wink that night![/quote]

Different bed, same scenario. Got a bollocking from my mum for shouting out loud when we got the equaliser and my dad came in hoarse about 2 hours later. Still not forgiven him for not taking me. Made the home leg; amazing night, bobbins result. Worth going just to see Mckenzie's penalty nearly hit the corner flag.

Still, onto Goodison. I'll take a point now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I can only really remember the dispair coming out of Burnden, in the return fixture.... :-(

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I was 10 years old, listening to the commentary on my transistor radio whilst hidden underneath the bedclothes. When Whatmore scored I screamed into my pillow - I was meant to be asleep, see, and hardly slept a wink that night!
Different bed, same scenario. Got a bollocking from my mum for shouting out loud when we got the equaliser and my dad came in hoarse about 2 hours later. Still not forgiven him for not taking me. Made the home leg; amazing night, bobbins result. Worth going just to see Mckenzie's penalty nearly hit the corner flag.

Still, onto Goodison. I'll take a point now.[/quote]

Great story. I went to see the 4-0 demolition with the father-in-law, a diehard Everton fan.

Me 8)
Him :oops:

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I can see us getting a draw on Wednesday as Everton haven't been playing amazing football and we are scoring more goals than usual :D.

What I fear is having to play the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and that away towards the end of the season. We need to pick up the points this side of xmas while the fixtures are kind to us as i fear it could be doom and gloom come nearer april So 6 points out of the next 2 games plz OC and the Mighty Whites!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 am

I'll take a point!

Though yeah, usually a write off aint it.

Decent side Everton, lack strength in depth, particularly up front. Jermaine Beckford anyone?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 am

Good news boys, Lawro has predicted a 2-0 win for Everton!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 am

Live on TV here at 4am but I'm going to stay in bed and record the match to watch later tomorrow. Well watching a recording worked for the Spurs game!!! :D

Still can't see us winning though and also hope that the financial woes of the Club don't put the players off!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED