Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:33 am

Hoboh wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Gives us great confidence going into the Toon Army game
Errrrrr Looney Toons if you don't mind!!!

Yet another good result but we need to start collecting a few clean sheets.

Are you watching Megson and all you apologists for him!!!! See what a team with virtually the same players you had can do with proper coaching and a plan oh and btw the tiara fits the shirehorse just ask Mr Holden. You should now crawl under whatever stone you came from and stop bleeding any more cash from this club. The damage tyou did with your record spending and low league finishes has come home to roost.
Hahahahaha
Pfffft.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 am

Hoboh wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Gives us great confidence going into the Toon Army game
Errrrrr Looney Toons if you don't mind!!!

Yet another good result but we need to start collecting a few clean sheets.

Are you watching Megson and all you apologists for him!!!! See what a team with virtually the same players you had can do with proper coaching and a plan oh and btw the tiara fits the shirehorse just ask Mr Holden. You should now crawl under whatever stone you came from and stop bleeding any more cash from this club. The damage tyou did with your record spending and low league finishes has come home to roost.
What does this actually mean? It's like a random collection of words pulled out of a hat. Another job for Bletchley Park.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Megson generally spent well as the way his signings are performing shows.His failing was his personality,dour paranoid negative and miserable,his team reflected that.We now have a positive enthusiastic balanced individual in charge.If someone feck* up they're told but it's not held against them interminably, if someone tries something that doesn't come off they laugh and crack on.
Megson spent wisely but didn't have the qualities as a human being to manage successfully.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Megson generally spent well as the way his signings are performing shows.His failing was his personality,dour paranoid negative and miserable,his team reflected that.We now have a positive enthusiastic balanced individual in charge.If someone feck up they're told but it's not held against them interminably, if someone tries something that doesn't come off they laugh and crack on.
Megson spent wisely but didn't have the qualities as a human being to manage successfully.
This. Good eye for a player quite often... he's just a shit manager
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:07 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
thebish wrote:just watched elmo's goal again - that is fecking delightful!
hell fire, i had no idea it was that good!
Same, looked like he was just dicking around with it. Hoarsely screaming 'just hit it you useless bastard. Thank god for that.' Hmmm.

Belting day out.

EDIT: Coming away I thought pea-head's goal would be the one we'd all be raving about, lovely, lovely move, similar to Steinsson's last week. He was immense again. USA USA USA!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
thebish wrote:just watched elmo's goal again - that is fecking delightful!
hell fire, i had no idea it was that good!
Same, looked like he was just dicking around with it. Hoarsely screaming 'just hit it you useless bastard. Thank god for that.' Hmmm.

Belting day out.

EDIT: Coming away I thought pea-head's goal would be the one we'd all be raving about, lovely, lovely move, similar to Steinsson's last week. He was immense again. USA USA USA!
It brought to my mind a similar goal Eidur Gudjonson scored for us back a while.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Just been throught 3 of the Sunday papers and the Elmo goal gets barely a mention. He made Bergkamp's lauded goal for Arsenal look pedestrian and it gets no response. Had it been that tw4t Nani, Nasri or Torres who pulled that off, we;d be seeing it for years on TV.

Great 3 points and I'm almost desperate to use a 6 letter word beginning with E, but I'm putting the mockers on nothing yet. As the cliche goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Can anyone tell me how many points we had at this stage of the season during our 2 most successful spells under BSA?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Just been throught 3 of the Sunday papers and the Elmo goal gets barely a mention. He made Bergkamp's lauded goal for Arsenal look pedestrian and it gets no response. Had it been that tw4t Nani, Nasri or Torres who pulled that off, we;d be seeing it for years on TV.

Great 3 points and I'm almost desperate to use a 6 letter word beginning with E, but I'm putting the mockers on nothing yet. As the cliche goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Can anyone tell me how many points we had at this stage of the season during our 2 most successful spells under BSA?
19/11/06 21 points from 13 played
30/11/05 23 points from 13 played
14/11/04 22 points from 13 played
23/11/03 15 points from 13 played

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:37 pm

More cautiously...

18/11/01 19 points from 13 played.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Coyle's PPG this season: 1.46 - which isn't bad at all (if continued = abt 55pts for the season)

Megson's was 1

therefore Coyle is 46% better than Megson. QED. :wink:
Last edited by thebish on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:45 pm

What about nett spend?

Oh, sorry, wrong argument

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 pm

FaninOz wrote:
Eire_Trotter wrote:What a goal Elmo!! Take a bow son :).

That result has made my weekend, I hope this is the start of the good things from now on.
Just watched the highlghts, excellent second and third goals and what a towering header from Lee to set up the first. But on the other hand what a total c*ck up from the defence for their second goal. Poor from Jussi who came out for a ball that he had no chance of getting leaving an open goal and there was no marking on Fletcher at all. Their first goal was an excellent worked goal mind.

Looking forward to watching the full game after daughter and grandkids go home, cartoons have priority at present on TV!
Have just done that and what a goal, to see it in real time and in the context of the game was quite something. Sign that guy up, if that's what he does after having a virus give him one every week! :D . Mind the buildup to the third goal was also something special with numerous passes mesmorising the Wolves midfield and defence and what a clean finish Holden gave. :D

I thought that Lee and Holden played particularly well, even though Holden looked very tired at times he never gave up and was all over the pitch. Muamba similarly but he still can't shoot straight.

The defence was a bit at sixes and sevens at times and we were actually lucky that Wolves were not very good with their final pass into the area. The defence was particulary all messed up for their second goal, mind it was very clear that it wasn't a corner, but nevertheless we defended it very badly and Jussi was all at sea. In fact Jussi looked out of sorts for most of the match, his facial expressions made him look worried and vacant most of the time they showed a close up of him. He didn't look a happy bunny at all and perhaps he should be given a rest.

Rickets is definitely showing his lack of match practice at premiership level and will need another few games if Coyle wants him to be ready in case we have further suspensions or injuries in the defence.

Even though it was only a recording I still felt nervous during those last 15 mins after their second goal. Stupid really!!!! :crazy: in fact.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:14 pm

12 passes for our 3rd goal, all with purpose and to men who'd found themselves space. Looks so simple but is clearly not.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Athers wrote:12 passes for our 3rd goal, all with purpose and to men who'd found themselves space. Looks so simple but is clearly not.

When it inevetibly happens again, can we all sing rather ironicaly; "It's just like watching Arsenal, It's just like watching Arsenal, na na na, na; na na na, na!"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Achievement of the day - managing to find myself and my dad in the crowd video from the match. There's a first time for everything!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 am

Stuart Holden - what more can be said about this bloke? Absolutely superb again, really impressive. Must have been MOM in the last half dozen games.

Thought, contrary to popular opinion - that Ricketts did well against Jarvis (who is a good winger), and deserves to keep his place for Newcastle next week. That Gutierrez is fecking wank so should be in for a straightforward game.

Taylor was decent too, which was a shock, but a welcome one.

We need to beat Newcastle and Blackpool now, and I fully expect we will. Starting to get the old feeling back that we had under Sam where we are expecting to get something from every game now, unlike under that ginger prick. COME ON YOU WHITES :pray:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 am

East Lower wrote:Stuart Holden - what more can be said about this bloke? Absolutely superb again, really impressive. Must have been MOM in the last half dozen games.

Thought, contrary to popular opinion - that Ricketts did well against Jarvis (who is a good winger), and deserves to keep his place for Newcastle next week. That Gutierrez is fecking wank so should be in for a straightforward game.

Taylor was decent too, which was a shock, but a welcome one.

We need to beat Newcastle and Blackpool now, and I fully expect we will. Starting to get the old feeling back that we had under Sam where we are expecting to get something from every game now, unlike under that ginger prick. COME ON YOU WHITES :pray:
Ricketts stuck to his task but was out of position a number of times.

Steinsson will be back in after his great performance against Spurs. He's the better right back of the two.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Agree,Ricketts may eventually prove to be a better centre half than full back.Certainly looked solid there when Cahill was out last season

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Agree,Ricketts may eventually prove to be a better centre half than full back.Certainly looked solid there when Cahill was out last season
He showed it again after Cahill's red card this season, but I do wonder if he'd prove to be a viable long-term replacement for Cahill if he is indeed sold.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Well he's not the footballer Cahill is but from what I remember we looked better defensively with him alongside Knight than we ever have with Cahill there.The extra responsibilty seemed to bring the best out in Knight and Ricketts was very dependable.He's brave,good in the air, strong in the tackle and seemed to have a good positional sense.At fullback he comes unstuck when facing players with quick feet like Jarvis one on one.