Time to take a long hard look at yourselves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:07 pm

No probs
Sto ut Serviam

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:24 pm

same if i lived anywhere near bolton i would be a season ticket holder but living in plymouth working in cornwall bit of a trek every weekend still i get to a far amount of games every season last season i managed to get 12 games hoping to beat that this season COYWN

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:32 pm

I always feel a bit embarassed that Wanderers fans from far and wide; from other countries or those who are physically unable to attend feel they have to come on justifying why they cant go to home games. I think (Or hope) CAPS was referring to those who used to come and fill the ground each home game when we first came up but now dont bother. You live in Plymouth, or Canada, or Australia? Course you arent at every home game! Your support from wherever it is, is still welcomed surely?!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Indeed

If you're in the FF, you can fcuk right off

You aint a Bolton fan
Sto ut Serviam

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:41 pm

(QUOTE) P.O.S

I always feel a bit embarassed that Wanderers fans from far and wide; from other countries or those who are physically unable to attend feel they have to come on justifying why they cant go to home games. I think (Or hope) CAPS was referring to those who used to come and fill the ground each home game when we first came up but now dont bother. You live in Plymouth, or Canada, or Australia? Course you arent at every home game! Your support from wherever it is, is still welcomed surely?!

well said fella :wink:

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Time to take a long hard look at yourselves

Post by Whookam » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:If you can't get your arse down to the ground to watch that, well, I aint spelling it out
Are you going to pay for my ticket and orginase the childcare? :)

Seriously though I watched the game on a stream and it was the ifrst time in a long time that I really wished I was there.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:55 pm

JC, for a moment I thought it was Knees Up Mother Brown site, then I saw it was just a re-hash of similar threads which appear on a fairly regular basis, generally when we are sixth or higher. Other times the accusers (?) are generally noticeably absent. My 40/50% of game attendances probably makes me a visitor to Middlebrook and not a true fan. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Can't attack the team so you'll attack the supporters. Not everyone lives next door to the Reebok. Be like everyone else and enjoy the result. The glass is half full at the moment with us, suggest u top urs up.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:14 pm

This is CAPS you're talking to. It's Who He Is. It's What He Does....

(wouldn't change him for the world)
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Interesting only the peole who live a million miles away are coming on to defend themselves! Obviously you are not the target of Caps' point.

Tbf Nobody knew we would play that well today, I was expecting a return to earth myself tbh, but it HAS to be kick up the arse to get folk to show up next home game.

Uk exiles included IMO.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Just looked at the forum. He's quite clearly on the pop.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I've got to agree with CAPS on this one, I took one look around the ground at kick-off and said to my son "about 22500". It's a fcuking disgrace that there were not more in. And why were the barcodes only given the bottom of the south stand? Can't they sell more either?
Every supporter should be doing their best to get their mates to come, whether by appealing to their better nature, outright flattery or possibly the threat of extreme violence and/or blackmail.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:This is CAPS you're talking to. It's Who He Is. It's What He Does....

Insults and berates everyone? Course, you're right. Sir Nut must be feeling very aggrieved at what appears to be double standards. :crazy:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:40 pm

CAPS can hold a conversation with people without exploding in a fit of foul-mouthed pique whenever anybody praises Kevin Davies or Owen Coyle. Nut couldn't. If that's double standards, so be it.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Fair enough 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:03 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Odelay wrote:
Odelay wrote:Was there and I'm not even from Bolton. :pissed:
Had to fix my error!

CHUFFED
You coming to City?
Possibly, one of the best performances I've seen....

And yes already got my ticket for City....it is in the City end though...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
And yes already got my ticket for City....it is in the City end though...
Me too :D

First away-day for about five years when I had a freebie at Goodison and this one's a free one too.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 pm

I live locally and I must admit I'm very tempted to come back at the moment. I had a season ticket every year from 1982 to 2003 so they've not done badly out of me over the years.

Trouble is I dont want to pay more than £15 for a ticket. I noticed that the Balckburn game was £15 but it's on Sky,so sorry CAPS - I'll save my money and wait for another time.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I live locally and I must admit I'm very tempted to come back at the moment. I had a season ticket every year from 1982 to 2003 so they've not done badly out of me over the years.

Trouble is I dont want to pay more than £15 for a ticket. I noticed that the Balckburn game was £15 but it's on Sky,so sorry CAPS - I'll save my money and wait for another time.
I don't know why Sir Edwin bothers
Sto ut Serviam

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:This is CAPS you're talking to. It's Who He Is. It's What He Does....

Yep one man and his feckin dog :mrgreen:

Go to watch the return of the prodigcal Son CAPS :mrgreen: let you down a bit dirty git!!!!

Was up there as most enjoyable Reebock visit since JJ knocked Joe Cole over en route to goal :D