Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

andre-BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Post by andre-BWFC » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:18 pm

This afternoon, I heard from a very reliable source at the club that the Manchester United have inquired about Gary Cahill and he is willing to hand in a transfer request for the deal to go through in January.

My source, who has a role at the club, (but can't mention) has informed me about several transfers over the last 2-3 seasons. Such as informing me about the M.Petrov signing before he arrived, M. Davies when he signed from Wolves, and the arrival of O. Coyle - days before the media pounced on the stories. Therefore, this could be worrying news.

Out of all the news the source has told me over the last 2-3 seasons, this has to be the most worrying - as I could see the club selling him in January - which would not be beneficial giving our success so far this season, as the quad would be disrupted. Plus I could see Gary wanting to move to United and challenge for the Premier league title/Champions League. If this deal goes through I would want a superb centre-back to come in to replace, such as C. Samba from Blackburn.

Hope my source is wrong, but don't be surprised if this hits the news next week.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:29 pm

I've never understood why people act like transfer requests have the force of law. For me they should be filed under "Wish in one hand, **** in the other and see which fills up first."

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Good centre half? - Yeah, Pains me to say it but up to the the standards of the DMB's? - don't think so

pilates56
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pilates56 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 pm

All the football reporters and columnists in The Times today were doing a review of the season so far. This included their selection of the team of the season. Of the 6 or so writers, 2 included Cahill in their teams. He is bound to be a target. Cash in and move on!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 pm

If he hands in a transfer request, doesn't that automatically mean they will have to meet the £17m release fee?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:03 am

If we got 17 million we'd be laughing,he's a good footballer but not an exceptional defender.Even with that kind of money we'd be daft to spend much of it in January.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:56 am

I can't take the OP seriously

Samba - superb?

Anyway, if United want Cahill, they get him
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:11 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I can't take the OP seriously

Samba - superb?

Anyway, if United want Cahill, they get him
Correct. And it doesn't matter. You signed up to that deal when you chose the Whites...

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:17 am

A year ago I would have been very concerned. Now I am more concerned with the price and what we can get for it. Not going to spoil my Christmas

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:18 am

A year ago I would have been concerned. Now more concerned with how much we can get. Won't spoil my Christmas.

oops thought the first post was lost.
Last edited by seanworth on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:36 am

I think this one will have always been coming, wasn't it "going to happen" last summer only to be scuppered by his injury.

Out of the top 5-6 clubs Man Utd perhaps need an unproven English centre back the least. They've already got England's next big thing :roll:

And yeah, Samba couldn't be described as superb, but I think he could step into our defence

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:37 pm

My reaction to this has changed markedly from what it would have been 12 months ago.

Now I can only manage an excited "Let the auction commence!".
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 pm

If he goes, he goes. It's all happened before and we're still here. Good player but hasn't reached greatness yet by a way. Just hope he doesn't suffer from "I wish I'd never left Bolton"
syndrome. Tal Ben was going to set the world on fire at a "big-club" and where is he now? Bolton will march on ifit happens. It hasn't yet though.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:35 pm

andre-BWFC wrote:Hope my source is wrong, but don't be surprised if this hits the news next week.
Wouldn't be surprised, with or without any "sources" to be honest.

I'd almost be surprised if it didn't. It has previously, and one day - maybe this window - I'm sure he'll move on elsewhere. Had we kept 15 clean sheets all year, then I'd be maybe somewhat worried. As it happens, we haven't.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 pm

hello,

i'm a new member and i has very baad newz.

we [boltons] are in det an needs to sells loasd of hour best plyers.

good news is we sign scunthorpes centreback ITK

also ching chong lee move to liverpool.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 pm

A1 don't be so cynical it's Christmas. Actually hadn't even thought of that but then it is hardly distressing news.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:00 pm

a1 wrote:hello,

:lmfao:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:02 pm

a1 wrote:hello,

:lol: exactly!

When your relaible scource told you about Coyle, Davies & Petrov - why werent you on here then? Not going to happen.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:12 pm

The situation with Cahill has been made very clear, that if a club in the chumps league makes an "offer too good to refuse" then he can go.

What isn't clear is what the "too good to refuse" part means. Coyle has talked about 30M but I think if you half that you're near to his release clause and the sort of offer that would in actual fact be "too good to refuse".

If a big club is desperate in January to pay over the odds then he will go and probably that will be the best result for everyone, we get top dollar albeit mid-season, but at a time when (touch wood) we're not in immediate danger of going down and we'd have a bit of money to spend in January.

Should it all drag on into the summer then Cahill's value goes down.

Personally I think we could have a better back four with a better partnership at centre back. Cahill and Knight, isn't and never will be "it" for me. But we'll only tell that when we see a replacement for Cahill. I'd really like a no nonsense, organiser at the back, certainly the talk of Curtis Davies does not fill me with delight. Good footballer, like Cahill, but I'd just love someone who made it their mission every game to stop the ball going in our net, like Robbo for example, but at centre back of course!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
not going to happen.
it might do.

but ,

the shitstirring / scaremongering just happens too much that in about four weeks time we'll have americans on here selling off golden holden to liverpool/manutd .

maybe if pisstakes were the first port of call for replies to this sort of thing we'd get less crap.