Smackems v The Trotters

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Smackems v The Trotters

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

youwhat wrote:Actually I think it says a lot more about you as a supporter. I don't go to see a new stadium/opposition team, I go to support my side.
And yet here you are, talking about our attendance figures. How queer.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm

youwhat wrote:
as wrote:We can take 5k to Wiggin, and only a few hundred to Blunderland.

It says a lot about your 'club' that away fans just arern't interested in going to the SOL. Why bother with Sunderland when there are bigger games out there......

How many empty seats in the home end yesterday then? I could have swore your stadium was almost a quarter empty :lol:
Actually I think it says a lot more about you as a supporter. I don't go to see a new stadium/opposition team, I go to support my side.

Which is basically what the Reebock has been like since it opened. How many sell-outs have you had??? And this could only be achieved by offering 5,000 away tickets.
Or incessantly moan about our away following for one game? Deluded, absolutely deluded.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 pm

youwhat wrote:
East Lower wrote:I should think they would be 6th, considering the many many millions that they've spent. Amazing though that their ground is so empty, only 70% full. Shocking, really, especially when a small club like ours managed to get 85% for the last home one.
You haven't really thought about this one before posting have you?

Your last game was a local derby which attracted around 5,000 travelling Blackburn Rovers fans. Really, you should have sold out. On Saturday, Bolton managed to muster up around 300, it doesn't exatcly help us does it?

Providing the away end is even remotely full (3,000 - should be expected in this league), our attendance would have been around 40,000 which is quite fantastic considering the game was live on telly at 12:45 and so close to Christmas.

It's a game of football cocker, not a competition to see how many people a club can fit in the stadium. If it was neither of us would win, and the same team would be top every year. And Newcastle would beat you every single game, whereas currently they just beat you 'most' games.
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

youwhat
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youwhat » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
youwhat wrote:Actually I think it says a lot more about you as a supporter. I don't go to see a new stadium/opposition team, I go to support my side.
I don't think I actually brought up the attendance argument. I merely responded to a previous post/thread.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

youwhat wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
I don't think I actually brought up the attendance argument. I merely responded to a previous post/thread.
Exactly. So your still going on about attendances :roll:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Niall Quinn has been sl*gging their support on the BBC :lol:

Sunderland attendances could affect club budget - Quinn

Quinn took over as Sunderland chairman in 2006
Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has warned that falling attendances could have an impact on the budget afforded to boss Steve Bruce.

Saturday's 1-0 win was Bolton was watched by 35,101, almost 14,000 below the capacity at the Stadium of Light.

Quinn told the Sunderland Echo: "It would be a shame to start downsizing.

"I wouldn't be doing my job if I recommended that we should be paying big sums for players and the people weren't supporting the club."

The crowd for the lunchtime kick-off against Owen Coyle's side was the lowest of the season, 3,000 less than the club's average for the campaign, which stands at 38,342.

606: DEBATE
Does Niall Quinn have a point?
Under owner Ellis Short, Bruce has purchased Ghana international striker Asamoah Gyan for £13m during the summer, and Darren Bent for £10m the season before.

Those signings have been key factors in the club's rise to sixth in the Premier League table and although crowds hit a high of 41,709 against Manchester United in October, they were still 7,000 short of capacity.

"I thought if we were in the top half of the Premier League, we would be getting crowds well into the 40,000s, but the reality is we are in the mid-30s," Quinn continued.

"The plan was always to improve and while we are doing that on the pitch, off the pitch the lifeblood of the club is just starting to get to a worrying area.

I'm not saying we are perfect, but I always thought I could rely on the support of a massive crowd

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn
"I am not having a go at people who are economically challenged, but I know there are friends of mine who say it's easier to go to the pub and have a few drinks with their mates and walk home afterwards. But these games are shown illegally.

"I don't want to alarm people but, for me, there are a few question marks.

"I'm not saying we are perfect, but I always thought I could rely on the support of a massive crowd."

7,000 empty seats against Man Utd - so much for MASSIVE Sunderland :laugh:
Troll and proud of it.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:46 pm

as wrote:Niall Quinn has been sl*gging their support on the BBC :lol:

Sunderland attendances could affect club budget - Quinn

Quinn took over as Sunderland chairman in 2006
Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has warned that falling attendances could have an impact on the budget afforded to boss Steve Bruce.

Saturday's 1-0 win was Bolton was watched by 35,101, almost 14,000 below the capacity at the Stadium of Light.

Quinn told the Sunderland Echo: "It would be a shame to start downsizing.

"I wouldn't be doing my job if I recommended that we should be paying big sums for players and the people weren't supporting the club."

The crowd for the lunchtime kick-off against Owen Coyle's side was the lowest of the season, 3,000 less than the club's average for the campaign, which stands at 38,342.

606: DEBATE
Does Niall Quinn have a point?
Under owner Ellis Short, Bruce has purchased Ghana international striker Asamoah Gyan for £13m during the summer, and Darren Bent for £10m the season before.

Those signings have been key factors in the club's rise to sixth in the Premier League table and although crowds hit a high of 41,709 against Manchester United in October, they were still 7,000 short of capacity.

"I thought if we were in the top half of the Premier League, we would be getting crowds well into the 40,000s, but the reality is we are in the mid-30s," Quinn continued.

"The plan was always to improve and while we are doing that on the pitch, off the pitch the lifeblood of the club is just starting to get to a worrying area.

I'm not saying we are perfect, but I always thought I could rely on the support of a massive crowd

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn
"I am not having a go at people who are economically challenged, but I know there are friends of mine who say it's easier to go to the pub and have a few drinks with their mates and walk home afterwards. But these games are shown illegally.

"I don't want to alarm people but, for me, there are a few question marks.

"I'm not saying we are perfect, but I always thought I could rely on the support of a massive crowd."

7,000 empty seats against Man Utd - so much for MASSIVE Sunderland :laugh:

:laugh: stupid cu@t

maybe they strugged cus of the snow :crazy:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Yep.. Mackems blaming the weather on 606! There was no snow, yet we had a foot of the stuff to contend with and we got slated by them, for not making the journey!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 pm

That is pretty funny after all the crap we had to read on this forum the past week.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Hahaha.

Embarrassing.
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Someone bookmark this. I imagine it may well come in useful!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Absolutely amazing.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Sunderland 0-Blackpool 2. Just thought I'd add it in. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Sunderland 0-Blackpool 2. Just thought I'd add it in. :mrgreen:
It just gets better :lol: .

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm

But a crowd of 42,000, so the defeat doesn't count.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:But a crowd of 42,000, so the defeat doesn't count.

bet there as happy as pig in shit
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, seeing as Blackpool only get two points for the win because they're not a MASSIVE club like Sunderland, I bet they are.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you