Liverpool Away - Questions for RAWK

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Liverpool Away - Questions for RAWK

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm a Liverpool supporter and a member of the independent LFC fansite 'www.Redandwhitekop.com/forum' In the build-up to the match we run a feature called 'Spyin Kop' in which we ask an opposition fans site for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams.

As well as providing an alternative viewpoint on the upcoming match we hope to bring in some opposition fans for friendly banter and discussion pre and post game. It also gives us the chance to swap information about good pubs, bad burger vans etc.

I've put some questions below, if you could answer them we'd be very grateful. If you can't spare the time but know someone who might be able to then please forward this message on to them and get them to email me their responses at [email protected]

Cheers and regards,

Alan

PS. When the article is complete I'd be happy to post a link and you'd be welcome to come along to the site and see the reaction. if you wanted to run a similar article we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about Anfield etc.

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes part.

So here are our questions:

1. Have Bolton exceeded your expectations this season as you sit close to the Champions League places during the festive period?

2. What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from the beginning of the season?

3. What has been the big difference between this season's performances and last?

4. Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

5. Your worst player(s)?

6. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Days to remember and days to forget?

7. Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

8. What sort of line-up will Coyle put out against us and how will he approach the trip to Anfield?

9. Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

10. Where do you expect Bolton and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

11. Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

12. And finally, care to predict the score?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Liverpool Away - Questions for RAWK

Post by jmjhb » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Can't see anyone doing it this year, they'll just call us c*nts again

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

jmjhb wrote:Can't see anyone doing it this year, they'll just call us c*nts again
Fair enough mate - but would really appreciate if a few could otherwise I'll be making up answers :wink:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 pm

do one. youre not having him.

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm

a1 wrote:do one. youre not having him.
Coyle certainly seems like a very attractive proposition at the minute although I honestly can't see it happening so I wouldn't worry.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:05 pm

1. Have Bolton exceeded your expectations this season as you sit close to the Champions League places during the festive period?

Tiramisu.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:48 pm

jmjhb wrote:Can't see anyone doing it this year, they'll just call us c*nts again
Indeed.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Is this the one that we answered last year, and then they proceeded to make up answers anyway, defending their actions because they forgot to ask those particultar questions?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Absolutely. It's the first time since the Allardyce era that I feel we can get something from all of our matches.

2. What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from the beginning of the season?

It's so tight that I'm trying not to get my hopes up for Europe. Top 10 and the financial rewards that brings will do for me. At the start of the season I would have been happy to finish 17th given how little Coyle spent so yes, expectations have changed.

3. What has been the big difference between this season's performances and last?

Short answer: Owen Coyle. Longer answer: the attitude is just so much more positive and the players are pushing themselves hard for 90 minutes. The Blackburn win was a classic example. Under Megson they'd have simply given up after the equalizer.

4. Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Spiritually it's the captain. Despite Kevin Nolan's claim to be "Mr. Bolton" a few years back it's always been Davies. That said, we're not a one man team and I can't really think of a "best player." Everyone has a part to play.

5. Your worst player(s)?

Riga? Joey O'Brien? In terms of guys who play regularly, I still don't feel comfortable with Knight at the back but he's not bad.

6. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Days to remember and days to forget?

I was at the New Year's game in 2006. Loved it when Diouf scored.

7. Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

No, unfortunately. I'm watching the Villa game right now and it's depressing to see how many guys they have on the pitch who came up through their system. Not that it's worked all that well for them this season.

8. What sort of line-up will Coyle put out against us and how will he approach the trip to Anfield?

He's gone with 4-4-2 against better teams than Liverpool so I wouldn't expect any different.

9. Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

Nah.

10. Where do you expect Bolton and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

Pretty close to each other. 6th, 7th, 8th or so.

11. Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Depends how fit Gerrard and Torres are. Gerrard I guess . . . you never know when he'll dive in the box.

12. And finally, care to predict the score?

Maybe a 1-1 or a 2-2.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:08 pm

If I wanted to be subject to a shed load of abuse from scousers, I'd put a 'closed' sign in the window of Primark on Church St. I'll pass on this one.

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:13 pm

[quote="H. Pedersen[/quote]
Cheers mate appreciate you taking the time to answer

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:15 pm

[quote="H. Pedersen"][/quote]
Thanks for taking the time time answer mate

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 pm

seanworth wrote:Is this the one that we answered last year, and then they proceeded to make up answers anyway, defending their actions because they forgot to ask those particultar questions?
I have no intention of changing anything anyone says - I will simply cut and paste your responses into the RAWK thread

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:18 pm

weebroalan wrote:
seanworth wrote:Is this the one that we answered last year, and then they proceeded to make up answers anyway, defending their actions because they forgot to ask those particultar questions?
I have no intention of changing anything anyone says - I will simply cut and paste your responses into the RAWK thread
I don't believe that is what happened last season.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Typically we put answers for these things, get mocked for not having enough fans told that you're a bigger club etc. So with that I'm out
Pfffft.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Typically we put answers for these things, get mocked for not having enough fans told that you're a bigger club etc. So with that I'm out
Haven't got much ammo to mock with these days though do they? :D

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:37 pm

seanworth wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Typically we put answers for these things, get mocked for not having enough fans told that you're a bigger club etc. So with that I'm out
Haven't got much ammo to mock with these days though do they? :D
:lol: :grin:

Nice work, Mr Worth!
Pfffft.

weebroalan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by weebroalan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Not as much mocking going on these days from our lot for obvious reasons.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:50 pm

weebroalan wrote:
Not as much mocking going on these days from our lot for obvious reasons.
Aye, I understand that fella but it won't take long
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Well, someone's going to have to do it so as to avoid a situation whereby we're represented solely by Pedersen! :D
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way