The Trotters v The Baggies aka Kay v Chiles

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Trotters v The Baggies aka Kay v Chiles

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:59 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... tightline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

didn't realise there was an amnesty for bookings, is this a new thing?
The Voice Of Reason

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Supposedly, it resets itself after the new year. Knight, Robbo and Muamba treading a thin line
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Well what can you say? We won. We deserved nowt, let alone three points on the balance of play.

But we stuck ours away they didn't.

Caps is right, can anyone tell me whether Kev Davies was playing today? Because he did absolutely nowt. Hardly held the ball at all and gave it away a lot.

Elmander did enough with his goal and a few other pieces of movement to always look a threat.

Oh and for anyone who thinks Cahill is a top class defender watch a re-run of that game. Out of position, turned far to easily several times by Odemwingie, headed needlessly straight to the foot of Brunt in the box who should have scored. Sorry but for me he's a very good footballer but a very average defender. Knight was no better.

Robinson on the other hand was again immense, he's helped out by Taylor well, but still he's everything you want in a defender, determined to do EVERYTHING he can to stop us conceeding, body on the line, real no nonsense stuff and he's neat and tidy on the ball aswell.

Muamba was awful those who don't think Adam would be an improvement over him are living in fairy land IMO, Holden for me didn't have his best game but still worked tirelessly.

Mulumbu ran the midfield at the Hawthorns earlier this season and did so once again today. Good player.

End of the day a win is a win is a win.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Elmander better than Davies? Fook me. Elmander was utter shite, goal aside. Everything good we did came from going long to Davies. Davies wasn't great, but he wasn't shite either. Also, whilst Cahill was very poor, I can't understand why he isn't a 'defender', yet Knight apparently is? We saw the difference between the two last week and today. Last week Gyan spun Knight almost identically as Odemwingie did Cahill today. Knigth put his hands in the air like a cock, Cahill took the booking. He is a superb footballer, and a good defender. Still our best, perhaps Robbo aside.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 pm

We win when we're good and we win when we're crap.

Rewind 12 months.

I feel vindicated. And no-one can take that feeling away from me.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Quick nod to the late-game Jussi-rage, which made me chuckle.

Yelling at Coyle for letting Cahill go up for a corner even though there were 4 players covering the 2 Baggies. And when one of our lot could've ran into the corner and we opted to create a chance he marched forward as well pointing to the corner and politely informing them how he'd prefer them to conduct the next phase of play. :mrgreen:

He wanted that clean sheet, no matter how scrappy it was.

thevza
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by thevza » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:15 pm

im on holiday in aruba, only caught the last 30 minutes on a crap stream, we looked decent from what i saw, and Im always glad to see 3 points. i love davies, but that play where he had the ball on the dge of the box with the keeper on him showed his deficencies. He hesitated because he doesnt trust his skill package, which resulted in an easy headed clear off the line. Still, COYWM!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Quick nod to the late-game Jussi-rage, which made me chuckle.

Yelling at Coyle for letting Cahill go up for a corner even though there were 4 players covering the 2 Baggies. And when one of our lot could've ran into the corner and we opted to create a chance he marched forward as well pointing to the corner and politely informing them how he'd prefer them to conduct the next phase of play. :mrgreen:

He wanted that clean sheet, no matter how scrappy it was.
Aye made me laugh too. That and Cahill at the same time making Mark Davies go back so he could go and try to score.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 am

Prufrock wrote:Worked for Sunderland. It's Chungy out and either Elmo Petrov or Rodrigo out there. Elmander is probably the soundest defensively! Though he was shite, goal aside, today. Poor performance, but three points. They must be shit if they can't score against us! That Mulumbu was easily the best player on the pitch though. Personal highlight was Robbo's thumbs up to the West Brom fans in the second half after taking shit all game. Wonderful.
Totally agree that mulumbu had a good game, broke up our play, shielded the ball well and drove forward purposefully. Thank goodness he went off and we exploited it and managed to score the second. Would be nice if we can get him if WBA goes down (just a though).

Happy with the win - now to the next game.
Last edited by elfil76 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:elmo, meanwhile..... (very nice clean finish I thought)
however... gloves??? :whack:
Oh, it gets worse. Jaaskelainen was wearing tights. I wouldn't mind as much if the pair of them weren't Scandinavian! :whack:
He was wearing gloves too. Pansy.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:16 pm

If it's good enough for the boss to wear shorts sat on the touchline, it should be good enough for the rest of the squad.

Jussi out!
Pfffft.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Baggies played much, much better football than we did - especially in midfield, they used the channels well, passed through us, beat us for pace. And couldn't score. Shame. :wink:

We looked out of shape up front and on both wings - so Taylor and Elmander score.

Brilliant result, halfway through and 6th this morning. Start saving up the Euros!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Reflecting on our recent performances, there isn't enough movement in the front 4-6 players to be a dangerous footballing side. Far too often the whole team is stood static, which is Megson-era-esque. I think of of our decision making is letting us down too. Playing daft % balls and flicks, playing passes without looking and the like when there are simple balls on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Whats that saying that the press band about?
"Good teams win when they play bad?"
Although we played with bellies full of turkey we got 3 points.

1-0 up and taking Muamba off changed the game for me.
Coyle could see we couldn't hold the ball for more than 4 seconds. Davies came on and reminded the players that they had feet and you can hold the ball if you need to.

Although West Brom had better chances we had 8 chances on target to their 9. We found the back of the net with 2 of em, this being the difference.

6 points from 12 in December? Ok we might get stuffed at Chelsea on Wednesday but who cares? Even if we get beat the lowest we can go is 7th.

Owen Coyles Super White Army!

Oh and yes I am having a belter of a Chrimbo!

P.S. Results wise, if it does go our way and a miricle happens we could leap frog Chelsea! hahaha, I'll wake up in a minute.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Can't understand anybody claiming Davies did nothing or that Muamba had a good game. By his standards it was pretty bad for me. With the Baggies controlling so much of the play Davies was being pushed further and further back to defend. I thought maybe Muamba would go off for Mark Davies at half time, but Steinsonn's injury probably upset our subs plan a bit. Not the best Bolton on show again but we rode the luck horse and got away with it. Credit to West Brom for playing really well. Some of their passing was terrific whilst some of ours was pretty grim. They rammed us back and kept us there for much of the game, but the result made up for some others that went against us. I ain't complaing.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:07 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Reflecting on our recent performances, there isn't enough movement in the front 4-6 players to be a dangerous footballing side. Far too often the whole team is stood static, which is Megson-era-esque. I think of of our decision making is letting us down too. Playing daft % balls and flicks, playing passes without looking and the like when there are simple balls on.
We haven't actually been too good since the Newcastle game - but still managed to bag 7 points. Maybe we just had it too good in that match and the Tottenham one and mentally reset the bar a little high. :D

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 pm

thebish wrote:but here's a thing... it clearly wasn't a team-thing - otherwise Taylor would have done it... has elmo got a special relationship with Cohen - or... did the team decide to send a greeting if Elmo scored - but not Taylor - thus leaving it slightly more to chance? or... does taylor not like Cohen?
You don't think you might be reading a bit too much into a simple "get well soon" celebration from the lads?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm

thought west brom were quality, we were poor...excellent 3 points!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Can't understand anybody claiming Davies did nothing or that Muamba had a good game.
Where has anyone said that Muamba played well? Are you not mis-reading 'Mulumbu' who, without a doubt, absolutely bossed midfield yesterday?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Can't understand anybody claiming Davies did nothing or that Muamba had a good game.
Where has anyone said that Muamba played well? Are you not mis-reading 'Mulumbu' who, without a doubt, absolutely bossed midfield yesterday?
I don't think TD has his readers on, Bruce? :lol:
Pfffft.