Fulham on Sunday - FA Cup

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Fulham on Sunday - FA Cup

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:04 am

Do they do an FT on a Sunday? If not, why read a 2 day old paper?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 am

Just re-lived the game again on the highlights show. Trailed in third,of course behind Arsenal and City, but at least they didn't show all Fulham and even Mark Hughes said we put in a professional performance. Just so irksome the match commentators only get excitd when the opposition attack.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:51 am

They didn't show the Petrov argy bargy incident, did they?

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Just re-lived the game again on the highlights show. Trailed in third,of course behind Arsenal and City, but at least they didn't show all Fulham and even Mark Hughes said we put in a professional performance. Just so irksome the match commentators only get excitd when the opposition attack.
yupe agree that we gave a good performance and that cahill last ditch sliding block is as good as a second goal to me.

Anyway, we kinnda like pulling jerseys in this game.

Kudos, now I am getting ready for magpies and the quarterfinals. Good job boys.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:17 am

We looked very solid and have a good chance of getting to the finals. In fact, I believe we can. Birmingham will be distracted by their relegation battle and league Cup finals. Arsenal or Man U will go out next round, and with luck, one of them will play Man City in the semis. That would leave us with probably Stoke in the semis if and when we beat Birmingham. A place in the finals does seem like a real possibility.

Cahill, Holden and Muamba were immense. The guile of Lee was a joy to watch. He is a superb player who we severely missed as our results showed when he was away.

Alonso improved as the game went on. Surprised to see OC pick Petrov instead of Taylor in front of him given his inexperience, but he was not afraid to put a foot in, and is a willing runner. More to come from him I believe.

Brilliantly taken goal from Klasnic. Arguably the most dangerous player in the 18 yard box outside of Tevez in the Premiership, but he needs to do a lot more outside of it to be considered our first choice striker.

More of the same at Newcastle please..

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:29 am

Too much counting of chickens.

BUT - imagine the meejah reaction if the semis end up being

United v Citeh and Us v Stoke
What goes around may still come around

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 am

I think some folk are getting far too carried away.

We're far from favourites away at Brum. That in itself will be tough. I think before people start getting carried away by the prospects of finals we should try and get through the quarter final first.

Remember we are currently only one defensive injury/suspension away from Muamba at the back or an untried and untested youngster. Either case would more than likely leave us no chance at all in a tricky away quarter final!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think some folk are getting far too carried away.

We're far from favourites away at Brum. That in itself will be tough. I think before people start getting carried away by the prospects of finals we should try and get through the quarter final first.

Remember we are currently only one defensive injury/suspension away from Muamba at the back or an untried and untested youngster. Either case would more than likely leave us no chance at all in a tricky away quarter final!
Don't piss on our bonfire just yet!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am

:doh: Jee-zus

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am

Just as an aside - if you want to see our match highlights from ITV ( you know, the channel that shows all the eally important FA Cup games) - you can't - it's not on there. Don't tell me they're getting as biased towards us as the BBC.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am

Bruno3 wrote:Just as an aside - if you want to see our match highlights from ITV ( you know, the channel that shows all the eally important FA Cup games) - you can't - it's not on there. Don't tell me they're getting as biased towards us as the BBC.

I saw the ''highlights'' last night.

Wasn't worth it.

Latham8wfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Latham8wfc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 am

Latham8wfc wrote:Wasn't planning on going but seeing as though I went last night and we won, and the only cup game i've missed was the first Wigan game in which we drew, I have now been dubbed 'The Lucky Mascot' for this FA Cup run so yes i'll be there......
Worked again!!!! :D
http://twitter.com/New_Latham8wfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:45 am

Hmm, meant to be moving house on the Saturday of the Quarter Final weekend.....what to do

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:

Look just pointing out that there is some way to go.

I'll be delighted if we can get past Brum, a Wemberlee trip will be great even if just for a semi. But you know counting chickens is dangerous, even just amongst fans!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 am

I was optimistic going into Fullham a ground where we are usually horrible, our best form striker ineligible, and our starting cb, and rb and back up are all injured. Didn't count my chickens, but had a feeling we would come out victorious.

Birmingham I think we also have a good chance to win. We may or may not have further injuries but they will almost certainly still be in a relegation struggle, have a Carling Cup final 2 weeks before then a game on the next saturday, then another on Wednesday then us on Sunday. I will mourn the injuries if they happen. Right now I will focus on the good points which include Holden getting his fitness back, Lee getting over the Asian Cup, Klasnic able to focus on football again, and an in form Sturridge.

They are a tough team to beat at home but so are Fullham, and Fullham are a better side. I don't guarantee we will win, but I think we have a pretty good shot at a win or draw, something I wouldn't be so bold to predict if we had been drawn against Man U, City, or Arsenal.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:07 am

Agreed with BWFCi. Remember Birmingham are already in one Wembley final and will be eager for another. Far from an easy game.
Last edited by ratbert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 am

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/dr ... ter-finals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Match report.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:

I'll be delighted if we can get past Brum, a Wemberlee trip will be great even if just for a semi. But you know counting chickens is dangerous, even just amongst fans!
Aye ... don't you ever dare to dream!!... We've not won owt for 53 years and we'll not win owt in your lifetime... you cock eyed optimist !.. winning stuff is not for the likes of us, it's our destiny to be also ran... disappointed and dishevelled... Don't be coming round here with yer HOPE ! View the world through grime tinted spectacles and eat yer tripe there's a good lad.... Misery is the only way to go... :mrgreen:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 am

norm the jedi wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:

Aye ... don't you ever dare to dream!!... We've not won owt for 53 years and we'll not win owt in your lifetime... you cock eyed optimist !.. winning stuff is not for the likes of us, it's our destiny to be also ran... disappointed and dishevelled... Don't be coming round here with yer HOPE ! View the world through grime tinted spectacles and eat yer tripe there's a good lad.... Misery is the only way to go... :mrgreen:
Or, t'other way to look at it, is how dissapointed will you be if you "expect us to beat Brum and start believing we'll win it" as opposed to being realistic about a tricky away quarter final.

Like everyone else I've got something at the back of my mind saying "this could be our year" but equally so will the fans of 7 or 8 teams still in it!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 am

I watched the match on a (quite good, with english commentary) stream. A fantastic performance all round. Our 'makeshift' defence were magnificent. They showed a determination not to concede, and for all Fulham's chances, if they played 'till friday, they still would not score. A true England international performance from Cahill. Wheater; unfazed by anything, but the real star of the back line was Robinson, forever harrying, shouting, pointing and organising. When he first came t'reebok, I thought WTF!? Yesterday, as he has for most of the season, he proved me wrong yet again. A true inspiration to the defence. Holden and Moo, both awesome, with Moo unlucky not to score. Is there a harder working midfield duo in the prem? Klasnic, again, didn't do much but score; but he could stand about all day scratching his arse for me, as long as he gets that one sniff at goal and wins the game. Is he our lucky charm this time around? Truly hope so.