FACup Quarter Final

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: FACup Quarter Final

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

TKIZ! wrote:That was just unbelievable, I'm shaking with excitement and disbelief. We're on our way to Wembley!! Chungy you bloody legend!
Add captain Kev to that. Great spirited effort. Floating, and even the dog's barking in time to "We are the one and only Wanderers." :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Missed most of the first half but what an end to the game. Some great football played in that second half. Bring on... Whoever!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm

QUE SERA, SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE, WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY, QUE SERA SERA!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm

midnitefooty wrote:Missed most of the first half but what an end to the game. Some great football played in that second half. Bring on... Whoever!
Can we have the winners of Stoke & West Ham please? Let the Mancs battle it out for t'other place and we can beat City in final. :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
midnitefooty wrote:Missed most of the first half but what an end to the game. Some great football played in that second half. Bring on... Whoever!
Can we have the winners of Stoke & West Ham please? Let the Mancs battle it out for t'other place and we can beat City in final. :pissed:
My thoughts exactly!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Bloody brilliant, edge of the seat stuff, some brilliant forward movement, some not so brilliant forward hoofing, some questionable defending, some bloody fantastic defending, goals, controversy. The story of our 10/11 season, and what a ride it's been!

Oh, and we're going to Wembley!

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Would be interested in hearing what people who were at the game have to say. Once they're sober. :pissed:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 pm

fecking get in there
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:05 pm

The away end was fantastic today, shivers down the spine stuff watching you lucky buggers celebrating the winning goal and after the final whistle. Did all the international Wanderers proud!

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wet Spam every time please.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Fantastic Game. End to end stuff and 4 great goals from a neutral's perspective. Glad to see the lads up for it. On to Wembley!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:07 pm

CarlosHernandez wrote:The away end was fantastic today, shivers down the spine stuff watching you lucky buggers celebrating the winning goal and after the final whistle. Did all the international Wanderers proud!
all i could hear all game was our fans they were fecking fantastic
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ArdsTrotters » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Wow,

Absolutely shaking after that. The chin was quivering too - can't remember that last time a game did that to me!

Unbelievable, rip-roaring, great cup tie etc etc...all the cliches will be used and they are all absolutely right!

Just hope Mavies is alright!

COYW!!!!! :D

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm

midnitefooty wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wet Spam every time please.
Yep, we can beat anyone in the final but a semi vs one of the Sky teams is a different story.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Could live with West Ham.

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ArdsTrotters » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm

seanworth wrote:Could live with West Ham.

We play West Ham the week before in the league. I have a real feeling we will get them in the semis. How often do teams end up playing someone two weeks in a row in league and cup!?

Would also make for an interesting league match on 9th.

Still shaking.

thevza
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by thevza » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:36 pm

missed about half of it because i couldnt sit still, so happy

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:QUE SERA, SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE, WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY, QUE SERA SERA!
Stuart, is that you?
Holden on Twitter wrote:Great Support!! Well done lads!!! QUE SERA, SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE, WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY, QUE SERA SERA! #bwfc
It was a pretty scrappy game, and when we got pegged back for the second time I was very nervous that we were going to concede in the final minute. Thank god Chungy was there to knock that in!!!

The pub went mental when we got that in the final minute, I can't wait for Wembley!

ovenmitboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ovenmitboy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Still can't quite believe it.

Just keep going over the match in my head. Phillips' one against the post. Chunggy's block off the line. And I totally thought Jussi was gonna get sent off for his challenge on Jerome before I saw the replay.

In previous years all of those would have gone against us. But theres something different about Coyle's Bolton. Could this be our year? Could it?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXec-Czwd0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just coz