Semi Final Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Semi Final Match Thread

Post by Choppers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Serious question: Has Rodrigo touched the ball yet?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Yep you got to take the rough with the smooth, once a Wanderer always a Wanderer

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Shame really. I kind of fancied our chances against Citeh too...

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm

jaffka wrote:Yep you got to take the rough with the smooth, once a Wanderer always a Wanderer
Also, as shit as we all feel, I think we need to think of the guys who drove 6 hours to get there today, etc.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Yep. We at home don't know the half of it. Can't imagine the pain at Wembley.

Still fecking hurts though.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:56 pm

It does.

The occasion beat us. All this talk of "Last time City beat United in a Semi" and "Do it for Nat"...I think the occason has beaten us.

Well, that and Stoke, obviously.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Dear, oh dear oh fxcking dear! Bolton players should donate their wages to the fans tickets and expenses costs after that. Those poor lads, lasses and kids who spent a bomb to see one of the most gutless, inept and intimidated performances from Bolton for years. Heartbreaking. Webb's an asshole, but we knew that to start with, but we handed it to them on a silver dish. Absolutely awful. Gutted isn't the word. Defence an utter shambles and not one attack to call decent. Wembley just overpowered us. We made a reasonable side look like a Champs League one. Devastated.

When the T-W lot get back here, stand by for blasting :hang:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Very poor result. I have had to sit here with everyone including the staff giving me stick all game. Quite embarrassing, but wouldn't trade one minute for the enjoyment of the ride up to this game. Don't normally get too worked up for Cup games, but I loved this FA Cup run. Today sucked, as nothing worked. The tactics were wrong due to the missing players, the ball wasn't bouncing for us, the ref didn't help, and in the end we seemed to in awe of the occasion. It was still worth it though.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 pm

A sad end to a great cup run. Would we rather go quietly in the 3rd round against lower league opposition? Probably not, but we crumbled big time on a very big stage. And it was embarrassing. No point singling out players, as they were all very ordinary. Etherington pounced on a dreadful mistake early, and Huth clunked a lucky one off his shin. At 2-0 I was still hopeful, especially after the season we're having. Woeful defending and we go 3-0 and it was farcical from there. Hindsight tells us that Klasnic starting was wrong, although none of the subs changed the game for us.

Don't blame the early leavers, it was hard enough watching it on my own half way round the world. Poor bloke who quit his job in Aus to see that kind of shambles.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Just one point there, not a big stage, it was on ESPN.

:-)

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Big enough for little Bolton!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Whilst we were absolutely dire, Stoke were very good indeed. Hope they go on and win it now.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

No, they just capitalised on our mistakes.

Here's to City winning the thing, dropping out of 4th and Stoke getting nowt.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Sat here in hillingdon waiting for a taxi back to the hotel feeling empty, not one player deserved any credit today. Well done Stoke they played very well and now I just hope our season doesn't fall apart from here. Never have so few let down so many
The Voice Of Reason

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Just got back from watching the game in Nottingham in a pub full of Stokies. Man...where to start! Absolutely gutted, each and every one of our players were dire today, Howard webb didn't help the cause, but we were seriously awful. Surely Muamba has to be marking players on the D, Robbo was comple wipe, Jussi looked like he was double Lehmann's age, Elmander just kept losing the ball as did Mavis when he came on, hardly any shots on goal, Chungy hardly got a look in, Petrov played like a ponce, Steinsonn slow and out of his depth, jeez the whole 'team' was crap

aussie_wanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by aussie_wanderer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm

totally crying right now at 330 am here in australia , got work in 5 hrs . dont think ill sleep tonight
totally gutted right now
we made stoke look good.
for us to put up an effort like that on the world stage is totally disgracefull.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY376o2 ... lpage#t=3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm not sure I have the words. Really. It was that bad. The area around Wembley was packed with Wanderers fans on 70 minutes. Evryone (well most people) just piled out when the 4th went in.

We've somehow or other got to pick ourselves up from that dreadful performance, otherwise a promising season could just splutter out.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

And we are desperately missing Stuart Holden in midfield.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

One word sums that up. Refund.

How pathetic that was is beyontd comprehension. I'd like to thank the team for costing me a total of £55 for every goal stoke scored.