Alonso in trouble?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Alonso in trouble?

Post by marshall_42 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Alonso in trouble?

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm

well we need a new left back aswell

what a fvcking tosser
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Barr Hill
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barr Hill » Mon May 02, 2011 4:44 pm

What a complete idiot

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Its a good job its in the Daily Mail, otherwise I'd be wary at rushing to judgement.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Pinch of salt, innocent until proven guilty, hope he's alright if true, and hope he wasn't doing anything unspeakably foolish...

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Mon May 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Originally came from Spanish paper Marca:

The youth of Real Madrid Marcos Alonso, 20, who was traded to the English Bolton last summer, suffered this morning in a traffic accident in Madrid a result of which has died a young woman and injured three other passengers.

The player, son of footballer of the same name who played for Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, lost control of the vehicle he was driving at the confluence of streets and Ribadavia Sinesio Delgado, and hit a wall. In the car they were traveling, in addition to the fatality, four other youths, including Alonso, of between 18 and 20 years.

The left-back has 0.45 blood alcohol level of 0.25-from-positive occurs in the first breath control but has not been subjected to the second because he suffered an anxiety attack and has called for an analysis Blood, denying all the time that had ingested alcohol. The athlete may be charged with a crime of negligent homicide and other dangerous driving. Right now he is detained at a police station and tomorrow will to justice.

As reported by a spokesman for Emergency Madrid, the accident happened about 07.30 pm when, for reasons that are investigated, a car carrying five young men traveling on the street Sinesio Delgado to the Paseo de la Castellana went off the road has crossed the opposite lane, has overturned and ended up colliding with a stone wall at the junction of that road with the street Ribadavia.

The Madrid City Council Fire Department had to rescue three young people inside the vehicle and the Samur has met the five, one of them very seriously injured, two serious, one less severe and one mild.

The most serious injury was a girl who has suffered a severe head injury and was taken to La Paz hospital in critical condition, where he died half an hour of admission, hospital sources said.

The two are seriously injured a girl who has suffered serious chest and abdominal trauma and was evacuated to hospital Gregorio Marañón, and a boy with severe chest trauma, which has gone to October 12.

Another young person has suffered broken collarbone and has been taken in less serious condition at La Paz and the fifth has suffered bruises which has been evacuated to hospital Ramón y Cajal mild mild state.

The Municipal Police has taken over the investigation of this accident.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Barr Hill wrote:What a complete idiot
A little premature for this until full details are known.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 pm

I imagine Coyle will be looking for his way out of this ridiculous deal
Sto ut Serviam

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Mon May 02, 2011 7:25 pm

What the hell is he doing in Madrid?

"The left-back has 0.45 blood alcohol level of 0.25-from-positive occurs in the first breath control but has not been subjected to the second because he suffered an anxiety attack and has called for an analysis Blood, denying all the time that had ingested alcohol. The athlete may be charged with a crime of negligent homicide and other dangerous driving. Right now he is detained at a police station and tomorrow will to justice."

Now I'm all for 'innocent until proven guilty' but this isn't looking very good for the young Spaniard.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Stupid boy.

Agree with the above. If guilty then he deserves all the dry bumming that is coming his way.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 02, 2011 8:43 pm

fck, that's awful for all concerned, BWFC being pretty low down the list to be honest.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Looks like Marcos Alonso is going to be charged with negligent homicide and wreckless driving.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 03, 2011 9:21 am

Not the best way to impress a teetotal manager. And although we're a good way away from this eventuality yet, you'd have to imagine that some sort of contract cancellation would also make his mate Moreno less likely to be about the place next term.

Sympathy to all victims.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 am

Seems like one stupid mistake could ruin a promising* career, not to mention ending the life of somebody else.

* apparently...so we were told !

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 am

Raises alarm bells when he refused to take a further breath test. He's an idiot, what was he thinking.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 am

You can't but help feel for all involved in this including Alonso himself, but also the girl who lost her life. Presumably she was a friend of his to be in his car?

I don't think he has been one of Coyle's best decisions here and if as DSB says it means we don't spend serious money on his mate Rodrigo, then every cloud and all that....

But seriously I hope that Alonso can put his life back together, the other passengers recover from their injuries and that the family of the girl who passed away find their peace.

Just shows how short life can be!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 03, 2011 10:03 am

DIPS wrote:Raises alarm bells when he refused to take a further breath test. He's an idiot, what was he thinking.
Usually better to wait for the official story to be confirmed before passing judgement...however, it says he was having a panic attack and physically couldnt give it. Who knows...we don;t for sure yet.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue May 03, 2011 10:05 am

Very sad story.

From a purely football point of view, it means that he's out of action for the rest of the season, a bit like Klasnic when he had those allegations.

I'd been wondering why Alonso hadn't been LB, with Robbo at RB against Blackburn.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 03, 2011 10:08 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Very sad story.

From a purely football point of view, it means that he's out of action for the rest of the season, a bit like Klasnic when he had those allegations.

I'd been wondering why Alonso hadn't been LB, with Robbo at RB against Blackburn.
Do you know why yet? This crash happened on Sunday night/Monday Morning!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 am

Happened after ther Blackburn game didnt it?