Boltons next top striker?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Boltons next top striker?

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Tuncay's best position is behind the striker in the 4-2-3-1 formation we don't play.

granted but you drop him slightly deeper in a sort of target man role but not every fecking ball lobbed at his head but into feet but that would obviously mean dropping SKD but IMO he is on his last legs anyway

but i also understand what BWFCI is saying but with elmo possibly going sturrige again may not be here we are left with SKD and klasnic we are goin to need 2 strikers
again it boils down to finance which all hangs on the cahill deal
Aye one striker who has pace and gets goals and another who can do a similar or equivalent job to that of SKD.

Neither of which are Tuncay!

who's that then? who's gonna get us 15-20 goals a season and looks like usain bolt and who is tryed and tested in the EPL and in our price range ?

and as already said tuncay plays in the hole :shock: so would be exatly the type of player to replace SKD he would create so much more than he would plus he is more flexible than the karma sutra what more do you need fvcking jam on it
No offence but Tuncay would no more 'replace' SKD than would my Aunty Marjorie...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed May 04, 2011 3:42 pm

and she's more of a left-back

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:and she's more of a left-back

no center back
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Tuncay's best position is behind the striker in the 4-2-3-1 formation we don't play.

granted but you drop him slightly deeper in a sort of target man role but not every fecking ball lobbed at his head but into feet but that would obviously mean dropping SKD but IMO he is on his last legs anyway

but i also understand what BWFCI is saying but with elmo possibly going sturrige again may not be here we are left with SKD and klasnic we are goin to need 2 strikers
Aye one striker who has pace and gets goals and another who can do a similar or equivalent job to that of SKD.

who's that then? who's gonna get us 15-20 goals a season and looks like usain bolt and who is tryed and tested in the EPL and in our price range ?

and as already said tuncay plays in the hole :shock: so would be exatly the type of player to replace SKD he would create so much more than he would plus he is more flexible than the karma sutra what more do you need fvcking jam on it
Hmm so Tuncay replaces SKD. So my question is who are you going to play up front with Tuncay?

Presumably the 15-20 goal a season striker who looks like Usain Bolt?

:roll:

Take Tuncay's career as a whole and he averages a goal every 3 games. Take his time outside of Turkey and he averages less than a goal every 5 games.

We all know getting goalscorers will be difficult, but I think in a squad that is likely to lose its two most prolific strikers bringing in one who might get us 6 or 7 a season if we're lucky would be a bit foolish IMHO.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

senter-back to the changing rooms...!

I wouldnt doubt Tuncay has skill, but i'm in the 'not for us' camp at the moment, based solely on the fact that i dont think he would suit how we play now, assuming SKD will continue to fill one berth.
Maybe not so much 'not for us', more 'not for the money it would cost' .

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:senter-back to the changing rooms...!

I wouldnt doubt Tuncay has skill, but i'm in the 'not for us' camp at the moment, based solely on the fact that i dont think he would suit how we play now, assuming SKD will continue to fill one berth.
Maybe not so much 'not for us', more 'not for the money it would cost' .

i agree it comes down to finance :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Hmm so Tuncay replaces SKD. So my question is who are you going to play up front with Tuncay?

Presumably the 15-20 goal a season striker who looks like Usain Bolt?

:roll:

Take Tuncay's career as a whole and he averages a goal every 3 games. Take his time outside of Turkey and he averages less than a goal every 5 games.

We all know getting goalscorers will be difficult, but I think in a squad that is likely to lose its two most prolific strikers bringing in one who might get us 6 or 7 a season if we're lucky would be a bit foolish IMHO.

i did mean 2 strikers if you read what i said

he would certainly be safer bet than bringing some unknown in i was thinking of 2 new strikers for the starting 11 and he would replace SKD and then we would get your usain bolt and 15-20 goal a season striker to play along side him you know to strikers with abit of movement obviously that would create another problem who would be captain and we got one of our highest paid player sat on the bench but like you rightly say it's going to be a testing summer for coyle

out of intrest how many goals to games ratio has SKD and elmo got in the EPL?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed May 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Elmander is something like 20 goals in 90 games isn't it? Bet Davies isn't any better either.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Elmander is something like 20 goals in 90 games isn't it? Bet Davies isn't any better either.

dont think it's even that good maybe wrong but that's my point exatly

MeMcMe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MeMcMe » Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Okay, I divided the camp big time with my Tuncay suggestion. :o
Well, looking around Europe I'm focussing on the clubs-that-should-be-good-but-are-in-a-bit-of-a-state-right-now category, because if they were to get themselves relegated they could have good players going cheap.
Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Auxerre, and Monaco come to mind. Feyenoord and Galatasaray have managed to dodge the bullet, the latter only just. Sampdoria would fit the bill too, but unfortunately they sold all their strikers in January.
Tuncay seems a no-no but other than Pogrebnyak, who wouldn't fit in at all, I couldn't see any better bets at any of the other clubs, unless you want Claudio Pizarro, Jon-Dahl Tomasson, Anthony Le Tallec, or Milan Baros. :lol: (Actually, circa 2002 I was praying Bolton would could somehow sign Tomasson... then again, I also thought Borghetti would be a hit. :oops:)
Just from having watched the Asian Cup religiously for some reason, I think that crazy guy who's going around talking about Ji Dong-Won has a point... he really is quite good. I thought Koo Ja-Cheol (also Wolfsburg, so might get relegated) was even more impressive in that tournament, though he's more of an auxiliary forward/midfielder.
Jong Tae-Se of North Korea looked excellent at times in their three World Cup games, and has done well with Bochum in his first season in Europe. If they don't get promoted he might be gettable.

Sorry for my ramblings, but it's that time of the year when I really look around the European leagues and wonder what the hell is happening to some clubs.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Pavlyuchenko? Djibril Cisse?
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Boris had Tuncay nailed ages back.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:Boris had Tuncay nailed ages back.

OO yeah wink :mrgreen:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:Boris had Tuncay nailed ages back.
Dirty fecker :lol:
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Ohh err...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm a big fan of Hugo Rodallega, and Wigan are on their way down. Be a great bit of business if we can get him for under 5mil.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Fri May 06, 2011 10:00 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Elmander is something like 20 goals in 90 games isn't it? Bet Davies isn't any better either.

dont think it's even that good maybe wrong but that's my point exatly
According to Wikipedia its 21 in 106, which equates to over £390,000 per goal, Adminittidly he's being played out of position lately, but I'd personally drop him when Sturridge is playing and have Mark Davies on the pitch or Lee. Personalyy I'll be glad to see the Back of him, as I thought he should of committed to another 12 - 18 months in January

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 am

This thread depresses me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

Jimmy Bullard... ITK <taps nose>

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 pm

According to Opta Stats, Kevin Davies has created more chances from open play (85) than any other player in the league.
Businesswoman of the year.