Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Blackpool

Post by sidewaysmove » Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Yes, dodgy TV. Blackpool is a haven for it, (apparently) The Blackburn game is on Sky.

I think everyone exercises caution on away days.
It could turn nasty in any pub, in any town or city in the UK. So long as you're not being Billy Big Bollocks, you'll be ok. It's very rare to encounter an unprovoked attack.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:Yes, dodgy TV's. Blackpool is a haven for them
Fixed that for you, Squire. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:It will turn ugly.

As close to a guarantee as you want.
Yeh, Im pretty certain that things are gonna end on a sour note. Think we'll do our drinking on the train and back in the motherland, only a few glasses of G&T obviously.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm

I agree, caution is a watchword on most away trips, but if you are aware of the antipathy which still exists (at least in their minds) regarding Kevin Olsson then you'd extend that caution.
On 24 August 1974, 17-year-old Blackpool fan, Kevin Olsson, was stabbed to death at the back of the Spion Kop, Bloomfield Road at Blackpool's home match with Bolton Wanderers.
Much as we'd like to think we live in a friendlier environment - for the Blackpool fans the pain is still very near, so would therefore be unsurprised to hear tales of trouble at the game.

http://s11.invisionfree.com/MUCKERS/ind ... topic=1266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - old link....hmmm
Last edited by Lofthouse Lower on Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue May 10, 2011 3:37 pm

GeraldCid wrote:

Yeh, Im pretty certain that things are gonna end on a sour note. Think we'll do our drinking on the train and back in the motherland, only a few glasses of G&T obviously.
Dont be a girl! Plenty are staying over on the Saturday for a reet rough piss up! :pissed:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Tue May 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:I agree, caution is a watchword on most away trips, but if you are aware of the antipathy which still exists (at least in their minds) regarding Kevin Olsson then you'd extend that caution.
On 24 August 1974, 17-year-old Blackpool fan, Kevin Olsson, was stabbed to death at the back of the Spion Kop, Bloomfield Road at Blackpool's home match with Bolton Wanderers.
Much as we'd like to think we live in a friendlier environment - for the Blackpool fans the pain is still very near, so would therefore be unsurprised to hear tales of trouble at the game.

http://s11.invisionfree.com/MUCKERS/ind ... topic=1266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But we have been to Blackpool many times since 1974 and never experienced any problems! As Dave Sutton's Barnet mentioned in an earlier post, it is being rekindled due to the internet. Probably by people who won't even be going to the game.

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

BwfcDan wrote:
GeraldCid wrote:

Dont be a girl! Plenty are staying over on the Saturday for a reet rough piss up! :pissed:
Perfectly capable of looking after myself mate, Im always happy to avoid trouble where possible though. I learnt that the hard way outside Yates' a few years ago! :oops:

Like sidewaysmove just said, it could be a lot of talk over nothing. Ill just what the atmosphere is like on the day I guess
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:I agree, caution is a watchword on most away trips, but if you are aware of the antipathy which still exists (at least in their minds) regarding Kevin Olsson then you'd extend that caution.

http://s11.invisionfree.com/MUCKERS/ind ... topic=1266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But we have been to Blackpool many times since 1974 and never experienced any problems! As Dave Sutton's Barnet mentioned in an earlier post, it is being rekindled due to the internet. Probably by people who won't even be going to the game.
So it must be true then? The father-in-law works in Blackpool and has said for weeks that all their lot are going on about is playing us at their place and 'settling the score'.

I'd advise you not to be so naive to think that it's just internet scaremongering.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:

So it must be true then? The father-in-law works in Blackpool and has said for weeks that all their lot are going on about is playing us at their place and 'settling the score'.

I'd advise you not to be so naive to think that it's just internet scaremongering.
Wont you join us on Saturday, someone needs to look after Mr Holt :D

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Tue May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Was there much trouble when we played them at the 'bok?

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue May 10, 2011 3:48 pm

GeraldCid wrote:Was there much trouble when we played them at the 'bok?
Was towards the train station.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 3:48 pm

BwfcDan wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:

Wont you join us on Saturday, someone needs to look after Mr Holt :D
Stop using emotional blackmail :oops:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 3:49 pm

BwfcDan wrote:
Aye, in town after too

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
BwfcDan wrote:
Aye, in town after too
Holty will have my back 8)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

He's all man, you know. All man.

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Tue May 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I've never had any experience with Bpool fans, I'm only a 21 year old whippersnapper. They sound like a lovely bunch though! I've had a bit of a soft spot for the Bpool this year, but from what Ive heard about the fans im changing my mind fast.

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Tue May 10, 2011 4:20 pm

But my point is, why was there no trouble throughout the 80s and 90s when we've been there? Why are they waiting till 2011 to 'settle the score'?

Answer = Internet

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:But my point is, why was there no trouble throughout the 80s and 90s when we've been there? Why are they waiting till 2011 to 'settle the score'?

Answer = Internet
Answer = there was trouble throughout the 80s and 90s meetings

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 10, 2011 4:35 pm

I believe they like to 'storm' the Castle Pub
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable