Im going to buy you now. Whelans message.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Im going to buy you now. Whelans message.

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 23, 2011 5:09 pm

The story is that he's injured
Sto ut Serviam

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:In truth, with an ageing third-choice back-up talent isn't as important as application and personality. No point having a frustrated has-been, you want a dedicated professional who can help bring the best from the kids but also wouldn't let you down for a game or two if your top two choices are out (and if it's for a while you'd get a loanee in anyway). Doesn't hurt if he's after qualifications, either. Our Mike Pollitt, if you will. Someone like (but not necessarily) Maik Taylor, Thomas Sorensen, Andy Marshall, Dean Kiely, maybe Boltonian lad Carlo Nash.

3 keepers in a 25 man squad seems excessive to me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 pm

What's wrong with Rob Lainton as third choice? Seems to be getting rave reviews in the reserves, and he's too young to count as a member of the 25 man squad...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Prufrock wrote:3 keepers in a 25 man squad seems excessive to me.
Well, half the Premier League disagrees – see the official lists. And it's not as if we're stuffed to the gills with heel-kicking outfielders.

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 pm

IMHO - I think we should make Ali number one. Bogdan is a decent second keeper, he will get better with experience. Lainton as a third choice as he doesn't count in the 25man squad. Then offer Jussi some sort of Goalkeeping Coach position - that way its not a middle finger to Jussi (one of the best servants of Bolton in the last few decades) and it means he still keeps his attachment to the club.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:IMHO - I think we should make Ali number one. Bogdan is a decent second keeper, he will get better with experience. Lainton as a third choice as he doesn't count in the 25man squad. Then offer Jussi some sort of Goalkeeping Coach position - that way its not a middle finger to Jussi (one of the best servants of Bolton in the last few decades) and it means he still keeps his attachment to the club.
hmmm... but given the impression that some have on here that Jussi's technique is dodgy - that he goes down too early and doesn't come confidently for crosses and has shite kicking skills - do we really want him passing that on??

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 pm

With all due respect, why the f*ck would a Premier League goalkeeper suddenly retire and become a coach?

And we'd still have to pay up the rest of his contract, so it'd make no difference to us financially.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon May 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:IMHO - I think we should make Ali number one. Bogdan is a decent second keeper, he will get better with experience. Lainton as a third choice as he doesn't count in the 25man squad. Then offer Jussi some sort of Goalkeeping Coach position - that way its not a middle finger to Jussi (one of the best servants of Bolton in the last few decades) and it means he still keeps his attachment to the club.
What if Jussi would still like to play football with the other fellas rather than just help train them?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm

thebish wrote:hmmm... but given the impression that some have on here that Jussi's technique is dodgy - that he goes down too early and doesn't come confidently for crosses and has shite kicking skills - do we really want him passing that on??
Forummers in talking shite shocker

He's not orthodox, but shit keepers don't last more than 10 years at the top
Sto ut Serviam

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Mon May 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:With all due respect, why the f*ck would a Premier League goalkeeper suddenly retire and become a coach?

And we'd still have to pay up the rest of his contract, so it'd make no difference to us financially.
I wasn't meaning financially. I meant in his ability as a goalkeeper. I (along with quite a few people seemingly) don't think he is the goalkeeper he was. I think i read we only have 5 clean sheets this season. Granted the defence isn't up to much, but I think he woulda kept a better record than that a few season ago.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 pm

I can't believe people think Jussi will accept a coaching job when he thinks he still has years in him. A Prem team would snap him up straight away.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 23, 2011 9:38 pm

As far as I'm aware nobody's beating a path to our door to buy Jussi. We need cash to strengthen the squad so it's right to cash in and sell AAH. Hope we screw that git Whelan for a good few mill though.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
thebish wrote:hmmm... but given the impression that some have on here that Jussi's technique is dodgy - that he goes down too early and doesn't come confidently for crosses and has shite kicking skills - do we really want him passing that on??
Forummers in talking shite shocker

He's not orthodox, but shit keepers don't last more than 10 years at the top
Yes... and five more in the tank, i reckon... sell Ali, he clearly needs to get a career, so doing him a favour... Bogdan promising... so doing him a favour with, in effect, a promotion... And I'm with DSB, a keeper of experience winding down a solid career, doing him a favour also and giving us essential insurance and potentially helping with the kids in the academy...

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 23, 2011 11:03 pm

And, can I add

Bogdan is miles better than 'the rabbit in the headlights' Jussi when Sam arrived

No guarantee he'll develop at the same rate without Barber around, though
Sto ut Serviam

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon May 23, 2011 11:06 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:And, can I add

Bogdan is miles better than 'the rabbit in the headlights' Jussi when Sam arrived

No guarantee he'll develop at the same rate without Barber around, though
What's happened to Fred Barber? Has he definately left? Don't remember hearing anything.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 pm

I thought they'd had the row and Jussi had threatened to leave if Barber wasn't reinstated? Wiki still says hes here. So obviously he must be.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

The story is still that he's out of action following an op

Don't believe it myself
Sto ut Serviam

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 am

Are we talking the same fred, the coach, who couldn't get Jussi to come off his line despite coaching him for years?

Best for all maybe if he's gone,

Now who the feck coaches the defense...........................................?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue May 24, 2011 3:35 pm

intresting read will and a funny youtube video

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/496433484?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bunch of cvnts
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Tue May 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Jussi is great, but he's not going to last forever.

However, if Ali isn't coming back to be between the sticks, no point in keeping him really.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter