fixture list

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: fixture list

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm

QPR fan at work reckons their new price scheme means £57 for tickets!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:QPR fan at work reckons their new price scheme means £57 for tickets!
Better get saving up then :shock:


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Who was doing the fixture list John Aldridge and Gary Megson?

In all seriousness we have to play each team twice the order at this stage is a bit irrelevant. Could hit the top teams before they hit form or we could have Sammy Lee form or worse. Time will tell as it stands we need signings irrespective of fixtures!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

QPR a must win game then :D
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Who was doing the fixture list John Aldridge and Gary Megson?

In all seriousness we have to play each team twice the order at this stage is a bit irrelevant. Could hit the top teams before they hit form or we could have Sammy Lee form or worse. Time will tell as it stands we need signings irrespective of fixtures!

we are not so short of bandwidth that we have to choose between:

1. discussing the fixture list
2. discussing transfers

we can do both!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I think the order is relevant to some extent. It's not everything, but if you're bottom of the league nine games in (and given we took 6 points from the equivalent games last season, it's a decent possibility), there's a chance of us (players, fans) panicking ourselves into a season-long struggle. At best, we'll be playing catch-up.

That said, it's June. I don't care.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 pm

It's reet, in a rare moment of optimism I have discovered why this benefits us.

We tend to lose games against the top 6.
Last season, we had a poor record without Stuart Holden.

Stuart Holden (aka "the saviour", apparently) will return mid-September.

Looks like we'll just have to "do an Everton"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 pm

This might be a blessing in disguise. Teams not quite into their stride and we pinch an odd couple of points here and there while we ourselves are improving. If we come out of this spell with a few points we'll have climbed a major hill. Nothing's going to be a gimme anywhere but like's been said, we have to play everybody sometime. Sooner may be better than later.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:This might be a blessing in disguise. Teams not quite into their stride and we pinch an odd couple of points here and there while we ourselves are improving. If we come out of this spell with a few points we'll have climbed a major hill. Nothing's going to be a gimme anywhere but like's been said, we have to play everybody sometime. Sooner may be better than later.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :D
Nail. Head.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Next critical spell is January when we get Everton, United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea and
City are last week in Feb and first week in March and then quite a few winnable games till season end. Could be a lot worse.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:15 pm

1 point from a home draw against Norwich.. from the first 8 fixtures could make for a lively Autumn.. ;-)
Fact is we still have to target the teams around us in the bottom half.. and anything off the top 6 and their trained officials is a bonus...
whatever order we play them in..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 pm

As was previously said if we play the bigger teams early we could take a few points from them as last season we were very good early on but didnt play the bigger teams around that time, think it was November.

i'm just hoping we bring in a LB, CM and a striker before the season starts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 pm

I think we have to target all games. All too often in the past we've talked about must win and banker games. There's nobody in there that is going to be certs because everybody has the same aims as us. What we can, where we can, whoever it is, has to be our target. It's our game that has to change, less banging the ball into touch, less wellying balls out of our box and straight back to the opposition, and more work through the midfield instead of mindless hopeful ariel balls down the middle. With the likes of a Sturridge( even a Klasnic) type striker we have to get the ball on the deck. Even Davies would benefit more from getting balls elsewhere instead of from two feet over his head occasionally. Oh, and we'll have to find a team to replace our bonus six points a season we got from West Ham.

Mind you, I'm sure OC knows all this, least I hope so. :wink:

calcalstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by calcalstar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am

No matter what the result is at QPR i'm sure Warnock will be complaining of some conspiracy theory reguarding referees against the smaller clubs because a blatent dive by Helguson 5 yards outside the box wasn't awarded a penalty!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 am

calcalstar wrote:No matter what the result is at QPR i'm sure Warnock will be complaining of some conspiracy theory reguarding referees against the smaller clubs because a blatent dive by Helguson 5 yards outside the box wasn't awarded a penalty!

From now on can we call him Colin Wanker? It's an anagram of his full name and one which is particularly apt.

Cheers

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:14 am

Warnock is a top bloke.

Have a read of his book, it's very enlightening. Especially the chapter on Megson which concludes with 'I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire'

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Warnock is a top bloke.

Have a read of his book, it's very enlightening. Especially the chapter on Megson which concludes with 'I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire'
My enemy's enemy is my friend?

No, they're BOTH c*nts.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:16 am

:lol: evidence of that is overwhelming, but I know which I prefer