Season ticket 2012 thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Re: Season ticket 2012 thread

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

You very obviously need to put pen to paper and sign something with direct debit, its a contract.

Come on...

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Something perhaps the club should've picked up on before agreeing an online price for DD, non?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 pm

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:You very obviously need to put pen to paper and sign something with direct debit, its a contract.

Come on...
Errr isn't it a contract when I buy a tin of beans from Tesco online?

You can set-up direct debits online.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:You very obviously need to put pen to paper and sign something with direct debit, its a contract.

Come on...

for a tin of beans !?!? B-hell Worthy.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Come on...

for a tin of beans !?!? B-hell Worthy.
Don't you know we're in a recession? :mrgreen:

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Come on...

Your right Worthy, when you buy a tin of beans there's offer, acceptance (both self explanatory) and consideration (the actual money you hand over/pay online) therefore constituting a legal contract. A uni-lateral contract if irc.

Now i'm not certain how the laws of contract apply to direct debits, i could look it up but i cant be arsed :D, but the basic legal principle is either you (or indeed the seller) can revoke an offer before it is accepted by the other party (think when you decide to put back a good you no longer wish to buy in a shop). If the first direct debit has not been taken out of your account I see no reason why this principle wouldn't apply, as is often noted the law hasn't exactly kept up with the pace of technology, especially the internet.

At the end of the day i'm not a lawyer (just a measly 3rd year contract & commercial law student) but neither will be the people at BWFC at least the one's you will contact to complain. In addition it seems companies are always flaunting the whole 'the customer is always right' principle and so I doubt the club will have the time, energy or desire to argue with you if your persistent and should offer you the lowered price especially if you explain you were aware, and indeed attempted, to apply for the discounted price beforehand. Anyway good luck with it all!

..back to the beer :pissed:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:39 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Come on...

Your right Worthy, when you buy a tin of beans there's offer, acceptance (both self explanatory) and consideration (the actual money you hand over/pay online) therefore constituting a legal contract. A uni-lateral contract if irc.

Now i'm not certain how the laws of contract apply to direct debits, i could look it up but i cant be arsed :D, but the basic legal principle is either you (or indeed the seller) can revoke an offer before it is accepted by the other party (think when you decide to put back a good you no longer wish to buy in a shop). If the first direct debit has not been taken out of your account I see no reason why this principle wouldn't apply, as is often noted the law hasn't exactly kept up with the pace of technology, especially the internet.

At the end of the day i'm not a lawyer (just a measly 3rd year contract & commercial law student) but neither will be the people at BWFC at least the one's you will contact to complain. In addition it seems companies are always flaunting the whole 'the customer is always right' principle and so I doubt the club will have the time, energy or desire to argue with you if your persistent and should offer you the lowered price especially if you explain you were aware, and indeed attempted, to apply for the discounted price beforehand. Anyway good luck with it all!

..back to the beer :pissed:
'(think when you decide to put back a good you no longer wish to buy in a shop)' That's because that isn't an offer, its an invitation to treat.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 pm

My bad, it's summer holidays :wink: , jus thought i'd try help. I have my beer head on rather than the old study one.

You're right, most advertisements/offers in shops are an ITT and not a outright offer ( the only exception that comes to mind is in Carlill ( :zzz: :zzz: ) although there are many similarities in the basic principles. Without being too boring one difference if irc is that a shop making an invitation to treat is not obliged to sell the goods to anyone who is willing to pay for them, ITT's also offer shops further protection from breach of contract (such as where a good is for some reason unavailable/out of stock). Anyway i stick by original advice and believe you should just be alright..

again.. :pissed: :pissed:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Anybody receive the Extra Time online newsletter?

I appear twice!! First on the video where Sam Ricketts describes the contents, and then on the Chairman's page :mrgreen:

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 am

truewhite15 wrote:Anybody receive the Extra Time online newsletter?

I appear twice!! First on the video where Sam Ricketts describes the contents, and then on the Chairman's page :mrgreen:
Twice ehh? Your a true white!!
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Just read that Extra Time

"...an amazing 156 headers in one minute - which equates to almost one header every 3 seconds!"

erm

Not a bad little thing though really, can't hurt.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Just noticed BWFC put the money back in my account and then took it straight out again a couple of days after taking the original payment.

Weird but no harm done..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Athers wrote:Just noticed BWFC put the money back in my account and then took it straight out again a couple of days after taking the original payment.

Weird but no harm done..
I think the Olympic organisers have had a hand there. You've probably got tickets for the synchronised swimming but missed out on the Man U match :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Season ticket card just arrived in the post.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Mine came yesterday 8)

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 pm

It's here!!!!


Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Ours better had be there when I get home....
Last edited by Annoyed Grunt on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Three arrived at our house today

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Mine arrived today, just before I heard of the Mears broken leg !!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Not that it matters but the season tickets look a bit basic this season. A background picture would have been nice. Like i said though, doesn't matter.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"