Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:11 am

Abs wrote:OWEN COYLE FURY OVER GARY CAHILL

ABOVE: Gary Cahill is desperate for his summer of frustration to end by joining Arsenal. I don’t want to lose Gary but the sooner something happens, one way or another, the better.
Owen Coyle
5th July 2011 By Neil Johnston
OWEN COYLE has told Arsenal to put up or shut up over £17m defender Gary Cahill.

England ace Gary Cahill is desperate for his summer of frustration to end by joining Arsenal.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger heads the queue for 25-year-old, ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle does not want to lose his star man but he will not stand in his way, especially as the club stand to make a £12m profit after signing Cahill from Aston Villa for £5m in January 2008.

Coyle wants the saga over Cahill’s future to end after revealing the player had reported back for preseason training “frustrated” by the speculation.

Coyle said: “There has been various interest in Gary. Clubs have made their interest known but there have been no concrete bids.

“They are big clubs but it is up to them to back that up.

“I don’t want to lose Gary but the sooner something happens, one way or another, the better.”
------------------------------------------

I have never ever seen a situation like this. Arsenal have never come out and talked about Cahill, neither has Spurs. It seems everyday Coyle is coming to the media to advertise Cahill and he is coming across more and more desperate to sell him so he can get some money to spend
You've obviously not followed football very long. Mind you might not be following much longer, seeing as all your best players are making like bananas! Good luck with that by the way. You were already quite a way behind the top 2, christ knows where you'll be now!!!!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 am

It must be tough being an Arsenal fan.

Ignoring the complete failure every year to win a pot, and instead having to clutch on to some sort of pride in being 'well run'. Must be tough.

REAL WORLD = SMALL CLUBS NEED MONEY
SELLING PLAYERS = INCOME
INCOME = EXPENDITURE
EXPENDITURE = SURVIVAL
VAN PERSIE = INJURED

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 am

nothing wrong with being an arsenal fan. Im proud of it....players come and goes and thats life. Its the fans who will be here to the end. i just find coyle talking up cahill what seems like everyday now just too desperate

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 am

Almost like the Wenger-Fabregas 'just one more year, I PROMISE we'll win something' saga

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 am

Abs wrote:nothing wrong with being an arsenal fan. Im proud of it....players come and goes and thats life. Its the fans who will be here to the end. i just find coyle talking up cahill what seems like everyday now just too desperate
Then dont fcking read it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 am

Abs wrote:OWEN COYLE FURY OVER GARY CAHILL

ABOVE: Gary Cahill is desperate for his summer of frustration to end by joining Arsenal. I don’t want to lose Gary but the sooner something happens, one way or another, the better.
Owen Coyle
5th July 2011 By Neil Johnston
OWEN COYLE has told Arsenal to put up or shut up over £17m defender Gary Cahill.

England ace Gary Cahill is desperate for his summer of frustration to end by joining Arsenal.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger heads the queue for 25-year-old, ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle does not want to lose his star man but he will not stand in his way, especially as the club stand to make a £12m profit after signing Cahill from Aston Villa for £5m in January 2008.

Coyle wants the saga over Cahill’s future to end after revealing the player had reported back for preseason training “frustrated” by the speculation.

Coyle said: “There has been various interest in Gary. Clubs have made their interest known but there have been no concrete bids.

“They are big clubs but it is up to them to back that up.

“I don’t want to lose Gary but the sooner something happens, one way or another, the better.”
------------------------------------------

I have never ever seen a situation like this. Arsenal have never come out and talked about Cahill, neither has Spurs. It seems everyday Coyle is coming to the media to advertise Cahill and he is coming across more and more desperate to sell him so he can get some money to spend
Are you under the impression that Wenger makes all his offers for players public in the press? Just because it's not in the Mirror, doesn't mean that Arsenal haven't made some sort of offer.

If we've chosen to discuss that in the press and point out that you've come nowhere near our valuation, that's our call. Not much different that you telling Barca they're not offering enough for Fabregas. I wouldn't expect you to have "seen" that little dialogue. After all you support Arsenal and from the Manager down, you only see what you want to see.

Muppet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Abs wrote:nothing wrong with being an arsenal fan. Im proud of it....players come and goes and thats life. Its the fans who will be here to the end. i just find coyle talking up cahill what seems like everyday now just too desperate
Indeed and as you're an Arsenal fan why are you on here talking about Cahill constantly? As you've said, Arsenal have said nowt about him. Why don't you go back to the Arsenal sites where you can discuss to your hearts content that Cahill isn't worth 17M and argue with all those Arsenal fans who are totally frustrated and fed up with Wenger penny pinching. Folk would take you on more there than they would here. Lets face it, Arsenal are a club in civil war and turmoil at the moment with the Pro Wenger lot, decreasing in numbers by the day. You probably can have a better discussion about the merits of Arsenal spending money or not on players there!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Indeed and as you're an Arsenal fan why are you on here talking about Cahill constantly? As you've said, Arsenal have said nowt about him. Why don't you go back to the Arsenal sites where you can discuss to your hearts content that Cahill isn't worth 17M and argue with all those Arsenal fans who are totally frustrated and fed up with Wenger penny pinching. Folk would take you on more there than they would here. Lets face it, Arsenal are a club in civil war and turmoil at the moment with the Pro Wenger lot, decreasing in numbers by the day. You probably can have a better discussion about the merits of Arsenal spending money or not on players there!

And we know all about civil war on here pal so listen up!!!!

M E G S O N

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm

In Arsene we rust!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm

OC is simply saying that 17 million is not the fee. Forget what is being said in the press. If you are serious, stop speculating and lets talk and work something out. Maybe I would take 13-14 million. He only has 1 year contract left with us for cying out loud, and unless he signs another one, we will lose him for free next year.

So make an offer (Put up your money) and let talk and stop listening to the press !

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

If O.C. were to say: "I'm doing everything in my power to tie Gary to a new four year contract
and we're nearly there", that might just spark somebody into action.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Dont see what everyone is getting all worked up about. Nowt new in clubs registering an interest early in the window, without actually buying. I think we need to shut the hell up now and see what happens...before OC turns into Del Boy , trying to flog some dodgy shit down the market.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah - us - to say 'don't do it! Just sell him before Arsenal buy someone else'

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:41 pm

A club Chairman with any sense will hang fire until the death with a bid, hoping that desperation at the thought of losing him with no fee will enable them to reduce the up front payment.

I'm betting he won't go anywhere for another 4 weeks yet.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:A club Chairman with any sense will hang fire until the death with a bid, hoping that desperation at the thought of losing him with no fee will enable them to reduce the up front payment.

hmmm... but if you are serious about using him at the heart of your defensive unit - then you will want him to get to know the other players before the season is begun... ideally you'd want a good chunk of the pre-season to bed him in...

if you are Arsenal and you think missing that is worth a couple of million - then losing two out of three of your first three games because your defense isn't communicating might persuade you that you cocked up...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:A club Chairman with any sense will hang fire until the death with a bid, hoping that desperation at the thought of losing him with no fee will enable them to reduce the up front payment.

Agreed. Not saying its the right thing to do, but AW says he will wait.
"Currently, everyone is standing still," Wenger said in an interview with a French radio station.

"Everyone expects everyone else to make the first move. Everyone holds on to their cards, hoping for the major transfer.

"Nobody blinks until late July, early August. Then we will analyse the gaps in each team.

"But I am very active on the phone."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 72,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:51 pm

At the rate you're haemorrhaging players, Wenger will no doubt do his usual trick and attempt to turn him in to an attacking midfielder anyway.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:At the rate you're haemorrhaging players, Wenger will no doubt do his usual trick and attempt to turn him in to an attacking midfielder anyway.
:D Defence isn't Wengers strong point anyway...

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:It must be tough being an Arsenal fan.

Ignoring the complete failure every year to win a pot, and instead having to clutch on to some sort of pride in being 'well run'. Must be tough.

REAL WORLD = SMALL CLUBS NEED MONEY
SELLING PLAYERS = INCOME
INCOME = EXPENDITURE
EXPENDITURE = SURVIVAL
VAN PERSIE = INJURED
gave me my best laugh of the day there mate :P

ssings were still all talking about arsenal they are in big trouble if they dont sign some quality replacements soon

while fabregas and arshavin have been poor last year they have major problems losing someone like clichy to man city it reaks of the whole team being unsettled and wenger does not get it its not only the fans who need big signings its the other players^

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:09 am

Mail claiming Nasri to City is done.

And now another Arsenal player potentially on his way out?

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer ... -bar-brawl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"