Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 pm

ferrarif50hunt wrote:
Verbal wrote:Would you have sold Nasri for 10m?
If we'd had to, then yes. Fortunately it was Man City who bought him, so we got more than he was worth.

oh yeah

arsenal have got no cash i forgot that
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

ferrarif50hunt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ferrarif50hunt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:46 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
ferrarif50hunt wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:So?

Would rather keep him for a year in order to:

1) Give us a class footballer for another season
2) Piss off you wankers, with your sense of entitlement.
Nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, it's just how the situation is. Why would we, or anyone else apart from Man City, pay £15m+ for a guy who has 1 year left on his contract and will leave for free if he isn't sold? There isn't even any other teams in for him to create a bidding war, it's just us. It's a real sh*tty situation and I know exactly how you feel, but the fact is you have no choice but to sell him for as much as you can... and if £10m is the most we're willing to offer, then it'll have to do.

i agree i would settle for 10-11 mill for him but 6 you can fvck off
I think we'll offer around £10m and say take it or leave it, it'll probably go on till deadline day but I think you'll accept.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:47 pm

If 6M was the price, there'd be another 10 or 15 clubs lining up with a bid. Most clubs realise that such a bid is disgraceful and wouldn't think twice about wasting everyone's time making it.

And if we were in anything like the sort of situation of having to accept such a shit bid...and if this drags to January then we probably will, then at that point I would expect Bolton to reject Arsenal's bid and accept every other.

Arsenal have been moaning all summer about being bent over the table by Barca and Fabregas, they've done exactly the same thing to us and Gary.

Only difference is I get the feeling that GC isn't all that bothered which 'big club' he plays for, and if he had a choice today of the top 7 clubs then I'm pretty sure Arsenal would be 6th/7th on that list.

Selling at this point of the window has no advantage to us unless you are overpaying. Perhaps Wenger has mistaken the resolve of our club with his own club, but we're not going to jepordize the chance of relegation by cashing in with hours to go and no replacement lined up.
Last edited by jimbo_bwfc on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm

If he leaves in a years time on a free at least it'll be a top 4 team, a top 4 which categorically wont include Arsenal.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Abs wrote:6-8 million is fair bid. You have no choice and he will leave for free…..your choice northerners
If he goes for £6m it won't be to Arsenal.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 pm

ferrarif50hunt wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
ferrarif50hunt wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:So?

Would rather keep him for a year in order to:

1) Give us a class footballer for another season
2) Piss off you wankers, with your sense of entitlement.
Nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, it's just how the situation is. Why would we, or anyone else apart from Man City, pay £15m+ for a guy who has 1 year left on his contract and will leave for free if he isn't sold? There isn't even any other teams in for him to create a bidding war, it's just us. It's a real sh*tty situation and I know exactly how you feel, but the fact is you have no choice but to sell him for as much as you can... and if £10m is the most we're willing to offer, then it'll have to do.

i agree i would settle for 10-11 mill for him but 6 you can fvck off
I think we'll offer around £10m and say take it or leave it, it'll probably go on till deadline day but I think you'll accept.

i think your right.....can't believe i am agreeing with a southern cvnt......oh......hang on i am a southern cvnt :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Milky_Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Milky_Joe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 pm

I'd wager we could make back the pitiful £1m profit they're essentially offering (ignoring his wages) through prize money with Cahill in the side.

ferrarif50hunt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ferrarif50hunt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:51 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:If he leaves in a years time on a free at least it'll be a top 4 team, a top 4 which categorically wont include Arsenal.
Why are you being like that?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Milky_Joe wrote:I'd wager we could make back the pitiful £1m profit they're essentially offering (ignoring his wages) through prize money with Cahill in the side.

fvcking A

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 pm

I think that you Arse fans are as deluded as your ageing, senile manager if you think that we'll accept anything anywhere near £6m for Gary Cahill, be it now, on deadline day or in January; especially when said defender could probably bag us £6m in Premier League placement and Cup run prize money on his own if he plays well. And I'm not entirely certain our Gaz would want to go to a team that's travelling down the shitter faster than your average...well, piece of shit. Belt up and go back to where people give a damn about your opinions. You might be looking for a while for such a place.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Like I said earlier in the thread, if we bought GC for around £5M 3 years ago it's probably worth our while to keep hold of him and get a very good year out of him pre-bosman. It's not like we'll have really lost any money as we'll have had 4 good years. Plus, with it being the season before a bosman, chances are he'll be on fire this season.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 am

ferrarif50hunt wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:If he leaves in a years time on a free at least it'll be a top 4 team, a top 4 which categorically wont include Arsenal.
Why are you being like that?
Because Arsenal have just offered 6 million for a player who I personally believe deserves huge credit for us surviving the Megson years and has been the only constant highlight in our defence. I like Arsene Wenger and have nothing against Arsenal the club but it is an insulting offer to a extremely talented player who could be one of the differences between the frenchie getting fired or actually winning a trophy this season.
Last edited by wanderers_on_tour on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

Beefheart wrote:
ferrarif50hunt wrote:Genuinely sympathize with the situation you're in with Cahill, I know exactly how you feel... but the fact is now that Liverpool have signed Coates, we're the only team left in for Gary, and you have to accept a bid before the end of the window or he'll leave for free in a year.

There's no way you'll get £10m+ for him, I'm sorry but that's just how it is.
Or we could sell around the 6m mark in January. Nothing lost in rejecting this bid.
No one is gonna offer 6 million for a player that will be free agent in months. 12 weeks after first of January he can talk to any club in England free without boltons permission. 1st of January he can talk to any European club without boltons permission

ferrarif50hunt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ferrarif50hunt » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

Judging by the hostile replies, i'll take the hint that I'm not wanted here, so i'll make myself scarce. I honestly didn't come here to wind anybody up or anything, but I know when I'm not wanted. Good luck to you this season anyway.

Tra.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

ferrarif50hunt wrote: Nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, it's just how the situation is. Why would we, or anyone else apart from Man City, pay £15m+ for a guy who has 1 year left on his contract and will leave for free if he isn't sold? There isn't even any other teams in for him to create a bidding war, it's just us. It's a real sh*tty situation and I know exactly how you feel, but the fact is you have no choice but to sell him for as much as you can... and if £10m is the most we're willing to offer, then it'll have to do.
A rather arrogant assumption and wrong on both counts. If Bolton don't get the asking price, or near enough, there's no way we'll sell one of our top players just because teams like you decide we must. Come back when the window closes and see. Wenger has just bid (apparently) six mil. You're all losing the plot. The shitty end of the stick is pointing due south.
That big club, is that the one we beat 2-1 not long back?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:03 am

ferrarif50hunt wrote:Judging by the hostile replies, i'll take the hint that I'm not wanted here, so i'll make myself scarce. I honestly didn't come here to wind anybody up or anything, but I know when I'm not wanted. Good luck to you this season anyway.

Tra.
Your actually not the worst :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am

well said

and if you don't up your bid in a years time he will have a choice of any of the top clubs in england and probably a few aboard but he won't goto arsenal cus obviously you don't really rate him that high

if he were to move to the arse it's a sideways move anyway

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 am

Abs wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
ferrarif50hunt wrote:Genuinely sympathize with the situation you're in with Cahill, I know exactly how you feel... but the fact is now that Liverpool have signed Coates, we're the only team left in for Gary, and you have to accept a bid before the end of the window or he'll leave for free in a year.

There's no way you'll get £10m+ for him, I'm sorry but that's just how it is.
Or we could sell around the 6m mark in January. Nothing lost in rejecting this bid.
No one is gonna offer 6 million for a player that will be free agent in months. 12 weeks after first of January he can talk to any club in England free without boltons permission. 1st of January he can talk to any European club without boltons permission
How long did Nasri have left on his contract again???

And he was a player who could only muster up one good season in the premier league (well a good 6 months) and has been openly criticsed for his half arsed performances for the French national team.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 am

ferrarif50hunt wrote:Judging by the hostile replies, i'll take the hint that I'm not wanted here, so i'll make myself scarce. I honestly didn't come here to wind anybody up or anything, but I know when I'm not wanted. Good luck to you this season anyway.

Tra.

your alright fella

it's that other cvnt ABS he's like a turd that won't flush

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

I love how arsenal fans actually think that we have no choice. He's our player and we're not so desperate for the cash to accept a measly million pound profit on a player who has improved immeasurably in his time here.
If he leaves on a free next year that's fine with me. Why not make a profit on him with this bid rather than gain points and prize money with him? Cahill could be the difference between a relegation battle or a race for a Europa league spot. That's worth more than £6m to us!