Wanderers Vs Man U

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Wanderers Vs Man U

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I don't know why we are talking about changes Muamba will be back in side next week we'll play 4-4-2 with Davies and Klasnic up front, Knight will continue to play and we'll get beat by Norwich!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:And I hope Coyle is big enough to come out and say it's him that's getting it so badly wrong.
We played the same system against them last season and we drew at home and lost narrowly away... and Coyle was the manager then as well.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't see the relevance on this result?

We played the same formation in last two games and shipped 6 goals

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:24 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I don't see the relevance on this result?

The teams in question have added well over £100M of talent to their squads since last season. Our net spend is virtually zero. That's the relevance. The gap is getting wider and no amount of shuffling formation will disguise that.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm sometimes frustrated by Coyle's tactics, yesterday was an example. We're always going to be outmatched man for man but it was also obvious we'd have a problem in the 'square of space' between our CB and CM, as Reo-Coker and Muamba were drawn too far forward to Lucas and Adam, allowing Suarez & Kuyt to drop off into it... even if they were marked they could simply touch the ball sideways to a team-mate who definitely would be in space. Watching Suarez was a bit like the 90s when your Cantonas and Zolas would easily exploit the straight-lined 4-4-2 they came up against.

I think it was recognised eventually to squeeze it a bit, but then the problem then became the space behind Steinsson. I'm not a Steinsson hater but doesn't look a confident footballer Steinsson at the minute so I'd chuck Boyata in next game. Although this would further destroy Steinsson's confidence, it's a tough business etc.

I've accepted though that we don't have a tactics-minded manager and they are just one part of the game, his strengths lie in the other parts of it, which is fine...
Thats an Athers post from the Liverpool game. Same old shit again. And is he aware of the concept of "transition"? There is no outball when we defend corners which mean its very difficult to break or even relieve pressure. So the ball keeps coming back and pressure builds. There was a spell of United corners and free kicks as a direct result of this tactical oversight in second half.

The unwillingness to change is the major bug bear of mine. He's as stubborn as Megson in his tactical outlook. Granted we've had a tough start and Norwich is the real barometer of how we'll do this season but when your manager sets out a team that doesn't give you the best chance to get something out of the game its all too frustrating.

I have no questions about his man management or the way he represents Bolton but I do wish he'd change his tactics now and again.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm

What a load of balls. Fecking atrocious. Utter pish. They didn't even have to play that well. Klasnic and Petrov can both feck off. Davies gets slower every week. Eagles and MD aren't good enough. NRC the only one to come out with anything like credit. He should be captain and the rest can go for a long walk off a short plank. But at least we were 'positive' eh? What a load of piss. You can't be positive if you haven't got the ball. Embarrassing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:What a load of balls. Fecking atrocious. Utter pish. They didn't even have to play that well. Klasnic and Petrov can both feck off. Davies gets slower every week. Eagles and MD aren't good enough. NRC the only one to come out with anything like credit. He should be captain and the rest can go for a long walk off a short plank. But at least we were 'positive' eh? What a load of piss. You can't be positive if you haven't got the ball. Embarrassing.
He's never going to track back but Petrov had a good game going forwards, our only outlet in fact.

Kevin Davies has no place in our starting 11 for me but that's been the case for a fair while!

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:29 pm

BL3 wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:And I hope Coyle is big enough to come out and say it's him that's getting it so badly wrong.
We played the same system against them last season and we drew at home and lost narrowly away... and Coyle was the manager then as well.
Managers smartened up to it?

Paul Lambert next week has the comfort of knowing, if not each individual player, pretty much the formation, tactics, points of weakness, dangers we pose etc. because they've basically been the same for two years now.

Consistancy is great, but there needs to be a plan B. I'm not convinced we'd have been able to live with United today under any circumstances, with any different formation/players, they were just a few classes above, but I do think we've become a little too predictable and complacent. If we're playing 4-4-2 we need to keep the ball for longer periods. We don't/can't.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:30 pm

BL3 wrote:

The teams in question have added well over £100M of talent to their squads since last season. Our net spend is virtually zero. That's the relevance. The gap is getting wider and no amount of shuffling formation will disguise that.
So you don't think that "a" Bolton XI was capable of a better result than 5-0 today?

Shall we all just pack up and quit the game then, as it's not going to get better? Shall we expect 6-0 next season? And 7 the one after?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:31 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Managers smartened up to it?
It helps if you can spend more on a makeshift right back than we've spent on virtually our entire team.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Feck me that hurt today, avoiding my phone and about to get on the beer now I have got home.

Dealt with it the same way after that 6-0 result.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:36 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
BL3 wrote:

So you don't think that "a" Bolton XI was capable of a better result than 5-0 today?

Shall we all just pack up and quit the game then, as it's not going to get better? Shall we expect 6-0 next season? And 7 the one after?
No let's add an extra body in midfield. That'll make all the difference. You're wasted on here.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:36 pm

jaffka wrote:Feck me that hurt today, avoiding my phone and about to get on the beer now I have got home.

Dealt with it the same way after that 6-0 result.

Stopped off and got some beer, on it now :pissed:
Last edited by Annoyed Grunt on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Why didn't Mark Davies play? Thought he was meant to be ace?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:What a load of balls. Fecking atrocious. Utter pish. They didn't even have to play that well. Klasnic and Petrov can both feck off. Davies gets slower every week. Eagles and MD aren't good enough. NRC the only one to come out with anything like credit. He should be captain and the rest can go for a long walk off a short plank. But at least we were 'positive' eh? What a load of piss. You can't be positive if you haven't got the ball. Embarrassing.
He's never going to track back but Petrov had a good game going forwards, our only outlet in fact.

Kevin Davies has no place in our starting 11 for me but that's been the case for a fair while!
Then f*ck him off! He is only interested when he has the ball and is in their final third. I don't give a shoite how positive he looks there if he does fook all else. If they have the ball he isn't interested, if the ball is on the other side, he isn't interested, if the ball is in the air he isn't interested. Summed up by Nani's injury, he had a look up, saw Jones and Nani both going for it, and ran away. Mard arsed cnut. He wasn't the only one mind. He's bad enough but when you've got Klasnic doing the same up front, a glacial Kevin Davies, a not good enough Eagles and an anonymous Mark Davies you are going to struggle. But let's not bother trying to defend, we'll outscore them! We defo don't need the ball to do that. I can't say with any degree of confidence playing 4-5-1 would have made us win the game, but we might have get close to them. We didn't get near to chasing shadows.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Not worth talking about the game.

I'll start giving a shit again when the players do, starting with the Captain.

Petrov and Tuncay were okay though.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Choppers wrote:Not worth talking about the game.

But that's bollocks, isn't it Choppers? If only it were that easy. It hurts.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Kevin Davies has shrugged his shoulders and sidled off every game for well over 6 months. Coyle needs to have the balls to drop him. That will be a sign of whether Coyle really has what it takes for the big time!

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Choppers wrote:Not worth talking about the game.

But that's bollocks, isn't it Choppers? If only it were that easy. It hurts.
I don't recall Davo ever having 2-3 games as bad as the last ones.

He looks either unfit or uncaring, either is bad. Today he looked like he was trying to get sent off as well.

If he's gonna keep taking him off after 60 minutes, then he should have the balls to say drop him too.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I don't mean that. I mean you claiming not to care. If only it was that easy. I'm going getting drunk.