How many chances is Mark Davies going to get?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: How many chances is Mark Davies going to get?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Intelligent player, so I'm intrigued to see how he links up with Ngog, Tuncay and for that matter Klasnic.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Not our saviour!

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:11 pm

United played 4-4-2 with two wide players as well.

Davies and Reo Coker should have done better against Cleverley/Carrick and Anderson.

but then they didnt have a Rooney dropping off to give them options or a Hernandez (who was fecking brilliant btw) running off our centre halves.

i prefer Muamba to Davies if we are to continue with SKD. if we are to change our front two then maybe Davies could do better.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 pm

What a c*nt he is for not running the show against Manchester United.

All that off the ball running from the two strikers ahead of him too, how come he didn't find a killer pass?

He's obviously a pub footballer.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

What about the two years before that Choppers?

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:49 am

When he started every game? Yeah. As I say, he's a clogger c*nt.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:44 am

He's played plenty, and done just short of f uck all - time he stepped up

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 am

I must have blinked and missed it.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:00 am

Tombwfc wrote:I think if he beats three players before laying it off to Davies, who loses it, it's a bit harsh to blame him for a lack of end product.
:pray:
Sto ut Serviam

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 am

I think he's great to watch in full flow, just wish he could add a bit more to his game - goals for starters, and then get rid of that daft fringe and tattoo combo

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 am

And he could do more than the one run a game. Mark Davies gets the ball, beats three players, it has opened up 25 yards out, dead centre, perfect range for a shot, will he shoot, no, of course not, he has gone for the one two, and it's broken down, and now he'll do fook all other than pass it sideways a bit till next week.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:And he could do more than the one run a game. Mark Davies gets the ball, beats three players, it has opened up 25 yards out, dead centre, perfect range for a shot, will he shoot, no, of course not, he has gone for the one two, and it's broken down, and now he'll do fook all other than pass it sideways a bit till next week.
This is exactly right. An eye catching run every now and then does not a premiership midfielder make!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:And he could do more than the one run a game. Mark Davies gets the ball, beats three players, it has opened up 25 yards out, dead centre, perfect range for a shot, will he shoot, no, of course not, he has gone for the one two, and it's broken down, and now he'll do fook all other than pass it sideways a bit till next week.
This is exactly right. An eye catching run every now and then does not a premiership midfielder make!
if only we had one - someone like - errr.... Tevez.... oh! :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Isn't quite a midfielder, isn't quite a forward. Very good footballer though, lookup under "a Joe Cole".

He and we need possession, players who like the ball and a different system to accomodate him, so heaven knows what Megson was thinking when he signed him, cos we had none of those qualities then, and we still don't have the set up to fit him in now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Isn't quite a midfielder, isn't quite a forward. Very good footballer though, lookup under "a Joe Cole".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWUjB6C_aI

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm

In a 5 man midfield he can be the most advanced of the middle 3. That's probably the only position suited to him. if we can't make him work in that, he's going to struggle unfortunately.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:In a 5 man midfield he can be the most advanced of the middle 3. That's probably the only position suited to him. if we can't make him work in that, he's going to struggle unfortunately.
How many goals would he score though? That role does require a 10 goal a season type player IMO and Davies just doesnt strike me as that type!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:In a 5 man midfield he can be the most advanced of the middle 3. That's probably the only position suited to him. if we can't make him work in that, he's going to struggle unfortunately.
How many goals would he score though? That role does require a 10 goal a season type player IMO and Davies just doesnt strike me as that type!
he's no Kevin Nolan....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I'm sure he could chip in with 6 or 7 which is more than adequate for us as long as our wide men do likewise. Plus we look like we have a real player in N'gog that we've not had since Anelka left us
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I'm sure he could chip in with 6 or 7 which is more than adequate for us as long as our wide men do likewise. Plus we look like we have a real player in N'gog that we've not had since Anelka left us
You're wasting your time

FWIW, if he's not capable of bettering the shite that is Eagles, he really could do with jacking it all in
Sto ut Serviam