BWFC Podcast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Re: BWFC Podcast

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Or you can be open minded and prepared to have your mind changed, eh bish? No? Is that not for you? OK.....

Yeah - I'm not slaggig you off either LL.

We really appreciate that you've given us a second (and maybe third!) chance, and have now called it a 'nice little podcast'. Fair play for that.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Or you can be open minded and prepared to have your mind changed, eh bish? No? Is that not for you? OK.....
Is a U-turn on Zat Knight forthcoming?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Is a U-turn on Zat Knight forthcoming?
A U-turn by Zat Knight? Start it now, he may have finished it by half-time on Saturday... :twisted:

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 am

All this chatter has pushed the link to the pre-Manchester United podcast off the last page... *cough* http://bit.ly/p8nwIb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; *cough*

There. That's fixed it.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 am

Owen'sEleven wrote:

We really appreciate that you've given us a second (and maybe third!) chance, and have now called it a 'nice little podcast'. Fair play for that.
I like the podcast, just think the singing bit is a bit shit and unnecessary

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:

I like the podcast, just think the singing bit is a bit shit and unnecessary
Yeah unfortunately a lot of our fans seem to find singing unnecessary :wink:

Seconded though, cheers for giving it another go. The songs will always be at the end these days so you know when to switch off :)
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Another week, another podcast... http://bit.ly/opxOoa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We look ahead to Norwich, and back to Man U, and there's a new version of a favourite terrace chant.

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:54 pm

I've only just read this thread and thought I'd offer my opinion on the Podcasts.
For me, you need to be more working class/ down to earth; like a discussion in a pub amongst normal Bolton fans.
Someone else posted that you sounded like two Radio 1 DJs and I agree! You sound very studenty and far removed from your average football fan who wants to talk about women, beer and the price of petrol!
The Houghton Weavers' songs, to me, are cringeworthy.
Don't let my comments put you off, I am merely offering an opinion from my perspective.
I'm sure you'll appreciate constructive criticism.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Downloaded, will give it a listen tomorrow.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:I've only just read this thread and thought I'd offer my opinion on the Podcasts.
For me, you need to be more working class/ down to earth; like a discussion in a pub amongst normal Bolton fans.
Someone else posted that you sounded like two Radio 1 DJs and I agree! You sound very studenty and far removed from your average football fan who wants to talk about women, beer and the price of petrol!
Don't let my comments put you off, I am merely offering an opinion from my perspective.

hmmm... but you can only be who you are! are you seriously suggesting they pretend to be more working class? some cod-northern accents? some forced titty-gags?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:54 pm

some cod-northern accents? Of course not.

some forced titty-gags? Of course.

:D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:02 pm

The last thing I want to talk about is the price of bastard f*cking petrol.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:35 pm

sidewaysmove wrote:I've only just read this thread and thought I'd offer my opinion on the Podcasts.
Thanks for the feedback! Although as the Bish says, we can only be who we are! And I wish we were studenty but alas those days are long behind us. I also resent the accusation that we're abnormal!

However - we have tried to make the podcast more informal over time, and they're evolving as we go. Cheers for the feedback though - it's good to know what folks are thinking.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:18 am

I've met them both. Very briefly. Nice lads, but not 'normal' 'working class' 'northeners'. Would be horrendous if they tried to do so.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:52 am

I'm not sure how many 'normal' 'working class' 'northeners' we actually have on here. I doubt it's many.

I'm expecting to go to the Reebok today and see every other person with a flat cap and a loaf of Warbies.

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:15 am

Wow, how to misquote someone!
I never mentioned the words abnormal, northern or northerner, so I'm not sure where they came from! :conf:
I never said change who you were, mention your accents, or did I tell anyone to talk about petrol prices! I only pointed out that this is what Boltonians talk about: Weather, petrol prices, if I won the lottery, this is a crap pint, etc. I just offered my opinion :roll:
But, if you do look at famous Boltonians, they are all famous for showing their accent and being straight talking. Though I never said change into Fred Dibnah or Brian Potter!

Right, I'm off to check my lottery ticket on this miserable morning, if I've won a tenner, I may put an extra £5 petrol in the car, buy a loaf of Warburton's, instead of Netto's own brand and I may nip for a decent pint at dinnertime (or should that be lunchbreak?)

P.S. I have tried to buy you a pint on The Men In White, do I need a PayPal account?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am

sidewaysmove wrote:Wow, how to misquote someone!
I never mentioned the words abnormal, northern or northerner, so I'm not sure where they came from! :conf:
I never said change who you were, mention your accents, or did I tell anyone to talk about petrol prices! I only pointed out that this is what Boltonians talk about: Weather, petrol prices, if I won the lottery, this is a crap pint, etc. I just offered my opinion :roll:
But, if you do look at famous Boltonians, they are all famous for showing their accent and being straight talking. Though I never said change into Fred Dibnah or Brian Potter!

Right, I'm off to check my lottery ticket on this miserable morning, if I've won a tenner, I may put an extra £5 petrol in the car, buy a loaf of Warburton's, instead of Netto's own brand and I may nip for a decent pint at dinnertime (or should that be lunchbreak?)

P.S. I have tried to buy you a pint on The Men In White, do I need a PayPal account?
Hi sideways.

Fair enough - I guess you didn't specifically say anything re: abnormal/northern, but you did suggest that we 'need to be more working class', and that 'normal' Bolton fans 'talk about the price of petrol'! Since it was in feedback to the podcast, maybe we were bound to take those comments as things you'd like us to talk about. Sorry for leaping to conclusions.

And thanks for trying to buy us a beer! :D I shall investigate with Dartisan as he is the techie one and I'm not sure how it works!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:22 am

I never said change who you were, mention your accents, or did I tell anyone to talk about petrol prices! I only pointed out that this is what Boltonians talk about: Weather, petrol prices, if I won the lottery, this is a crap pint, etc.
we have got a weather thread - but it's not as oft-viewed as food and drink/literature and film threads! (there's no lottery thread or Petrol Prices thread) The evidence of this forum suggests that Boltonians have a much wider range of interests than you suggest!

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:

Hi sideways.

Fair enough - I guess you didn't specifically say anything re: abnormal/northern, but you did suggest that we 'need to be more working class', and that 'normal' Bolton fans 'talk about the price of petrol'! Since it was in feedback to the podcast, maybe we were bound to take those comments as things you'd like us to talk about. Sorry for leaping to conclusions.

And thanks for trying to buy us a beer! :D I shall investigate with Dartisan as he is the techie one and I'm not sure how it works!
No PayPal account required, clicking the link takes you to a page where you either fill out the details to donate by card, or login if you have a PayPal account to pay through your account.

Cheers muchly! A pint or two would definitely keep some momentum with us doing the Podcasts, as some weeks the hours put into it don't feel so rewarding in themselves :?

Regarding the feedbacks: fair comment, and fair enough I know what you mean (using the word 'normal' was just a little unfortunate I'd say, maybe 'typical' or even 'stereo-typical' is more what you meant?). But as I'm sure you realise and has been mentioned above, we can't do anything about that I'm afraid. No other blighter's doing a Podcast though so beggars can't

Having said that though we're always looking at what features we might include, and if anybody fancies having a pop at recording a feature for possible inclusion (laden with thick Bowton accent and talking about the petrol price on the way to t'match if you like) we'd love to receive them, drop us a line! ['Possible' inclusion of course as I'm afraid we'd reserve editorial right to not include it if we don't think it's gonna work, e.g. If it's just a load of tit jokes ;) Definitely open to good content contributions though, if anybody fancied themselves as a roving reporter and could get little interviews done with players for example we'd almost certainly be happy to include that].

Right, I'm off to walk the Corgis and tend to the Aspidistra's :wink:
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.