Target for First 7 Games

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Target for First 7 Games

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Did we ever have a run this bad under megson? We've beaten qprs championship side and haf a wembley 'reaction' since march?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Arsenal badly needed a win last time we played 'em. How did that turn out?

A fortnight before that, West Ham badly needed a win when we played 'em. How did that turn out?

We're on a bloody awful run, sure, but saying that teams needing a win always get one against us is one-eyed nonsense, a joyous self-schadenfreude comparable to saying "We'll concede here" at every corner or opposition attack.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Arsenal badly needed a win last time we played 'em. How did that turn out?

A fortnight before that, West Ham badly needed a win when we played 'em. How did that turn out?

We're on a bloody awful run, sure, but saying that teams needing a win always get one against us is one-eyed nonsense, a joyous self-schadenfreude comparable to saying "We'll concede here" at every corner or opposition attack.
You've now built my hopes up and made me feel much better about our win at the Emirates on Saturday. I shall forever remember this day. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:02 pm

If you need some bromide: LLWLWLLLLLWLLLL

Not one draw since Holden's injury...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Drawing's for girls, with crayons.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:but saying that teams needing a win always get one against us is one-eyed nonsense, a joyous self-schadenfreude comparable to saying "We'll concede here" at every corner or opposition attack.
I always say that - and most of the time they don't - thus proving scientifically and beyond all reasonable doubt that reverse-jinxing works most of the time! FACT!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:but saying that teams needing a win always get one against us is one-eyed nonsense, a joyous self-schadenfreude comparable to saying "We'll concede here" at every corner or opposition attack.
I always say that - and most of the time they don't - thus proving scientifically and beyond all reasonable doubt that reverse-jinxing works most of the time! FACT!

All you need to do now is find a study which says that the times reverse jinxing doesn't work coincide with the rarer occasions over confident Bolton fans (rarer because there are much fewer of them) say 'They'll never score here' to prove scientifically that jinxing is stronger than reverse jinxing!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:

All you need to do now is find a study which says that the times reverse jinxing doesn't work coincide with the rarer occasions over confident Bolton fans (rarer because there are much fewer of them) say 'They'll never score here' to prove scientifically that jinxing is stronger than reverse jinxing!
I don't believe enough exist to make a statistically significant sample - and if there are - then they are not really Bolton fans - and so don't count.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Its true, he does. Along with - if you score a goal in the first 75 min "Oh, we've scored too soon..."

:roll: :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:

I don't believe enough exist to make a statistically significant sample - and if there are - then they are not really Bolton fans - and so don't count.
I lose count of the number of times my mate (the yin to my pessimistic yang) has uttered words such as " well this is a decent point earned" just as Berbatov smashes in the winner in the 90th or whatever (yes, he actually did and does).

If I'd have acted out what I was thinking on all those occassions, I'd be up before the beak on multiple counts of murder. The nice person. Mate or not.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

When I go to games I can't watch corners against us and always say to the missus 'They'll score here' think it's happened about 20 times in the 10 years we've been together. FACT!
Pfffft.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm sure coyle and the boys had similarly modest expectations as to the outcome of these first games, but I fear Coyle has a mammoth task to restore some confidence from hereonin.

We're struggling to score, struggling to keep clean sheets, are showing poor discipline and don't look very solid at all.

And whilst it's ok to point out the millions spent on teams opposite us, can the boys convince themselves that what they are doing is right and will result in positive results against Wigan, Sunderland and Swansea.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:18 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm sure coyle and the boys had similarly modest expectations as to the outcome of these first games, but I fear Coyle has a mammoth task to restore some confidence from hereonin.

We're struggling to score, struggling to keep clean sheets, are showing poor discipline and don't look very solid at all.

And whilst it's ok to point out the millions spent on teams opposite us, can the boys convince themselves that what they are doing is right and will result in positive results against Wigan, Sunderland and Swansea.
Prior to todays game we were joint third goals scored in the league. Equal to Chelsea and behind Man U and Man C.

As for the rest of your post; bang on. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

Clean Shirt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clean Shirt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Expected to be on 3 points at this point tbh.
Just thought they'd come at Norwich not QPR

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Aye, lets see. Every piece of shit that we can conceive of has been flung at Coyle in short order. Its how we deal with it after CHelsea thats going to count.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.