Holden (was) Back in Training - Out for another 6 months

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Holden back in Training

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:You have to ask, if he's ready to start against Villa, why he couldn't have been involved on Saturday? He's either fit or not. If he's not match fit then surely Coyle is devalueing the cup game against Villa?
Who gives a shite of he's de-valuing this nothing cup? At the moment, we've bigger fish to fry and it SHOULD be treated as a reserve game
So we're already resigned to a long and grim, relegation fight? This cup is the shortest route to Wembley and a trophy and dare I say Europe. You know all those things we were hoping Coyle might give us an outside shout of, when we binned off Megson?
At the moment, we need to concentrate on picking up league points. feck the League cup.. I wouldn't do this for the FA Cup mind. If we won against Villa, I'd obviously be delighted, but I wouldn;t really give a shite if we went out as long as we don't embarass ourselves again.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:You have to ask, if he's ready to start against Villa, why he couldn't have been involved on Saturday? He's either fit or not. If he's not match fit then surely Coyle is devalueing the cup game against Villa?
Who gives a shite of he's de-valuing this nothing cup? At the moment, we've bigger fish to fry and it SHOULD be treated as a reserve game
So we're already resigned to a long and grim, relegation fight?

errrmmm!!! - this is YOU saying this?? You pretty much said that on the Norwich thread!!!
No, I said we had a decent enough group of players that were not properly drilled or organised. We need to fix that and find a way of utilising them so that we can win games and not be so easy to beat. IF we don't sort that out and quick then we'll be in trouble. Somewhat different to saying that we need to bin off the League cup cos we need to concentrate on a relegation fight after 5 games. If thats the case already then christ half our fans will be slitting their wrists and hanging themselves from the ceilings with their belts!
Holden needs to start a match sometime, and I for one would rather see him start in a cup match where we aren't favourites than a league match where we are. It's about pressure and expectation.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:half our fans will be slitting their wrists and hanging themselves from the ceilings with their belts!
Difficult, er, balancing act to achieve, is that. Slash then hang, or hang then slash? Such things need careful calculation.

Holden needs to get first-team 'minutes' and the League Cup is a good time. It might be 30 minutes off the bench, it might be 60 then a sit-down, I'd be surprised if it's 90. It's the choice of the blokes round him that might say much about our club's attitude – but confusingly.

If Coyle selects a weak side full of kids, it means he's not fussed about the cup (unusual for him) but it also creates questions for this weekend. If he drops the captain and vice-captain, are they just being rested up for the weekend? What if their (ahem) understudies outperform them, against Premier opposition? What if Ngog plays so well that OC feels the need to sub him to save him for the weekend?

If Holden starts it should be alongside Muamba, an old friend and a welcome help. Ngog and Tuncay need a full game each, although if it's either tomorrow or Saturday for them I'd rather it be Saturday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:half our fans will be slitting their wrists and hanging themselves from the ceilings with their belts!
Difficult, er, balancing act to achieve, is that. Slash then hang, or hang then slash? Such things need careful calculation.

Holden needs to get first-team 'minutes' and the League Cup is a good time. It might be 30 minutes off the bench, it might be 60 then a sit-down, I'd be surprised if it's 90. It's the choice of the blokes round him that might say much about our club's attitude – but confusingly.

If Coyle selects a weak side full of kids, it means he's not fussed about the cup (unusual for him) but it also creates questions for this weekend. If he drops the captain and vice-captain, are they just being rested up for the weekend? What if their (ahem) understudies outperform them, against Premier opposition? What if Ngog plays so well that OC feels the need to sub him to save him for the weekend?

If Holden starts it should be alongside Muamba, an old friend and a welcome help. Ngog and Tuncay need a full game each, although if it's either tomorrow or Saturday for them I'd rather it be Saturday.
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1 ... 39,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Confirmation there that Holden is starting tomorrow. As you say expect it to be an hour rather than a full 90 but I guess they will judge depending upon how he goes. Shame I can't go now, would have enjoyed watching his comeback!

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Stu Holdz :pray:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Homepage image updated :D

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:40 am

Rodney Trotter wrote:Image

Stu Holdz :pray:
we can get him from a supermarket ?!! Let's get another.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 am

Can we not just sign his bro? He's a defender
Pfffft.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 pm

@Stuart Holden
Its been a long and testing journey at times, but all the hard work has paid off and I am genuinely grateful every time I put on the shirt!

How long before this guy is Captain?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 am

boltonboris wrote:

Heretic! Burn!!!!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 am

DJBlu wrote:@Stuart Holden
Its been a long and testing journey at times, but all the hard work has paid off and I am genuinely grateful every time I put on the shirt!

How long before this guy is Captain?
Noooooooooooooooo!

Never make him captain, there's no way that I was Holden to suffer from the captains curse!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Any word from player or boss after the match? Surely he's not in contention for Arsenal?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Any word from player or boss after the match? Surely he's not in contention for Arsenal?

"The level he played at and the intensity he showed against Villa was great.

"I've always said that we are a better team with Stuart in the line-up

"Not only does he bring the work-rate but also the quality on the ball."

However, he (OC) said elsewhere that he probably got through the game on adrenalin, suggesting he's probably not ready to start against the Arse.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks, Sponge. I do think it'd be a step too far (and like WtW don't want to rush him). At least in NRC we've got about as good a replacement as we could ask for.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Stu Holden undergoes operation

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Out for another six weeks

ITK :( :( :( :(

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Stu Holden undergoes operation

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh bollocks.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Stu Holden undergoes operation

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:42 pm

It's a follow-up from his knee injury, was scheduled for the summer but the consultants have recommended it be done now.

:(

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Picked up here.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/92 ... six_weeks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unnecessary merge.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:07 pm

does that mean he'll be fit to play in six week ?

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Means he hurt himself pissing about in trolley at Tesco...
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"