Where are they now? Gerald 'Sycho' Cid.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are they now? Gerald 'Sycho' Cid.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:06 pm

keveh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Really don't get the NRC hating! Haven't seen the Norwich game but have been impressed with him in all others.
I think Bolton fans just aren't used to a midfield player who can retain posession.
You didn't see the Norwich game either then?

I think this season he's done alright.
87% pass completion rate. Higher than anyone else who played the full game.

More passes too than anyone.

And about 60% of his passes were forwards.

Comfortably the best passer in our midfield. Comfortably. And those stats stack up pretty well against other premiership players, and in one of our worst performances.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Might I suggest that NRC is almost an un-English player? Neat, tidy, organised, prepared to sacrifice himself to the greater good by finding more creative players. Perhaps not that we don't make those sorts of players in England, but we don't appreciate them as much as some other countries do - like the French loving their water-carriers, or the Argentines their No.5.

That may be sociological but if we're playing a 4-4-2 which is frequently more like 4-2-4, we need two diligent central midfielders. I think it no coincidence that our best two performances of the season - the first two - came with Muamba alongside NRC.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:87% pass completion rate. Higher than anyone else who played the full game.

More passes too than anyone.

And about 60% of his passes were forwards.

Comfortably the best passer in our midfield. Comfortably. And those stats stack up pretty well against other premiership players, and in one of our worst performances.
Those 13% must have really stood out to me, he went through a period where he was giving the ball away in some bad positions.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm

keveh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:87% pass completion rate. Higher than anyone else who played the full game. More passes too than anyone. And about 60% of his passes were forwards. Comfortably the best passer in our midfield. Comfortably. And those stats stack up pretty well against other premiership players, and in one of our worst performances.
Those 13% must have really stood out to me, he went through a period where he was giving the ball away in some bad positions.
NRC v NCFC:
More passes than anyone else (either side)
More completed passes than anyone else (either side)
Only Wes Hoolahan completed more passes in final third
Nobody (either side) completed more tackles (tied with Pratley, Boyata, Pilkington)
More interceptions than anyone else (either side)
More completed "take-ons" (dribbles) than anyone else (either side)

Anyway, this is a conversation for a different thread, so in a while I'll post some thoughts in the Norwich match thread

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Is it possible to see the passing stats split into each half?

In whichever thread you like. :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Is it possible to see the passing stats split into each half?

In whichever thread you like. :D
It is, but having just finished the "full" stats for each player, give us a few minutes...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:32 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Weird that he should get a mention. I was only thinking about Cid at the weekend, as in "That Pratley's the worst player I've seen in a white shirt since......"
Don't think i've ever read such bollocks on this forum before in my life, are you Sir Nut???
If anyone can point out a single positive element of his game from last Saturday, i'll plait sawdust. He was useless going forward, didn't put a tackle in, rarely found a white shirt and worst of all completely shirked any responsibility for taking the ball on, particularly in the second half. The number of times Norwich midfield players ran past him, leaving him unable to catch up or failing to even bother trying after 60 minutes was staggering.

Perhaps my assessment is a little over the top after just the one start, but he's got a lot to do to win me over and for starters, he's nowhere near fit enough and well off the pace of the game. Against City, coming on as a sub with fresh legs, he should have had an impact, but he just wasn't quick enough and the match passed him by.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Weird that he should get a mention. I was only thinking about Cid at the weekend, as in "That Pratley's the worst player I've seen in a white shirt since......"
Don't think i've ever read such bollocks on this forum before in my life, are you Sir Nut???
If anyone can point out a single positive element of his game from last Saturday, i'll plait sawdust. He was useless going forward, didn't put a tackle in, rarely found a white shirt and worst of all completely shirked any responsibility for taking the ball on, particularly in the second half. The number of times Norwich midfield players ran past him, leaving him unable to catch up or failing to even bother trying after 60 minutes was staggering.

Perhaps my assessment is a little over the top after just the one start, but he's got a lot to do to win me over and for starters, he's nowhere near fit enough and well off the pace of the game. Against City, coming on as a sub with fresh legs, he should have had an impact, but he just wasn't quick enough and the match passed him by.
I've not been reet impressed with him so far either...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:50 pm

He's not bowled me over either.

However, I haven't seen anything yet to make me think he's irrecoverably shite.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Yet to be impressed but it was his cross that won the penalty

Facts, I know, don't sit well in this thread, but heyho
Sto ut Serviam

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Read this thread twice now and can't believe that someone hasn't pulled the OP up on 'Sycho' :doh:

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Read this thread twice now and can't believe that someone hasn't pulled the OP up on 'Sycho' :doh:
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 am

jimbo_bwfc wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Read this thread twice now and can't believe that someone hasn't pulled the OP up on 'Sycho' :doh:
Thanks for that. I originally, stupidly, typed 'psycho'. Was swiftly edited.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:58 am

Oh James, what have you done :doh:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

Well, I'm lost
Sto ut Serviam

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Type Sycho into google and see what the first suggestion comes up as. Or because that seems too difficult for some of you ;) -

Sidney Raymond "Sid" Eudy[2] (born July 4, 1960) is an American professional wrestler, best known as Sid Vicious in World Championship Wrestling, and as Sid Justice and Sycho Sid in the World Wrestling Federation. He is a six-time world champion: a two-time WWF Champion, two-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, a two-time USWA Unified World Heavyweight Champion and a one-time WCW United States Heavyweight Champion.
Obviously not known to you, but some labelled Gerald Cid as 'Sycho Cid', to play on the fact that he was the most laid back footballer ever seen in a whites shirt, and didn't want to get stuck in.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:13 pm

WWF as justification.

That's 1 v 0 to you, internet boy.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:WWF as justification.

When I was a WWF fan, the internet wasn't available. You have over 7000 posts in just over one year. Make that 1 v 1, internet veteran.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:

When I was a WWF fan, the internet wasn't available. You have over 7000 posts in just over one year. Make that 1 v 1, internet veteran.
:oyea:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:

8)