Lee and Holden

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Lee and Holden

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Didn't Lee miss most of the games in the run up to the semi

Shithouse Elmander was the right winger, wasn't he?

Not doubting his ability but his influence is perhaps overstated
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah. Apart from the winning header at Brum to put us in the semi final, he was a bit part player.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm

He started two league games in the near five months leading up to the semi-final.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Tombwfc wrote:He started two league games in the near five months leading up to the semi-final.
a pivotal role! :D

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Yeah. Apart from the winning header at Brum to put us in the semi final, he was a bit part player.
So does that mean he played in most of the games?

No?

Thought not
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 am

Prufrock wrote:Good players quite important shocker.
...is basically it. Take three key players out of any team and they'd suffer. "Good players paper over cracks"? You don't have to be Richard Rogers or Timothy McVeigh to know what happens in the architectural absence of key pillars.
boltonboris wrote:feck' Rooney, Vidic, Hernandez and Nani were probably papering over the cracks as United last season too. Jesus, this board is a fookin' dank place to be when we're not Brazil '78
Ah, Brazil '78. Who could forget Roberto Dinamite's goal in the epoch-making 1-0 win over Austria? The guile of Dirceu? The solid assurance of Chicão? The finest generation, without a doubt :twisted:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 am

I fink he's mocking you Bowis.

:D.

Also, I can't do a cockney accent no more wivowt ending up sounding like Danny....

"I did, I invented it in Camberwell, and it looks like a carrot"
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Davies, Robbo and Jussi are too old now, Klasnic and Petrov arn't putting the effort in. Bogdan hasn't fully develpoed yet, Cahill doesn't want to wear the shirt anymore. I really hate pessemistic football fans but I do think we have deep-running problems. When CLY and Stu come back, we will get the results and Im sure we'll stay up, but we need some serious investment in refreshing a squad that relies heavily on old players.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 pm

GeraldCid wrote:Cahill doesn't want to wear the shirt anymore. I really hate pessemistic football fans but I do think we have deep-running problems. When CLY and Stu come back, we will get the results and Im sure we'll stay up, but we need some serious investment in refreshing a squad that relies heavily on old players.
1 Cahill - bollocks, utter bollocks

2 LCY and Holden will hardly play, if at all, this season

3 Investment - it aint happening
Sto ut Serviam

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Cahill is going through the motions untill Jan comes, I dont think thats any secret. When you have an england international in the back 4 and your goal difference is -12 after 9 games, it speaks for itself.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Cahill not wanting to wear the shirt? Bollocks.

Lee we might see, if as rumoured he has miracle powers of recovery, Pea-Head might be a last few games job.

I still think we'll be reet.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 pm

GeraldCid wrote:Cahill is going through the motions untill Jan comes, I dont think thats any secret. When you have an england international in the back 4 and your goal difference is -12 after 9 games, it speaks for itself.

Going through the motions? Of what, being, again, our stand out defender, Baresi at his best would struggle next to Knight and Robinson with nowt but Reo-Coker in front of him!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

GeraldCid wrote:Davies, Robbo and Jussi are too old now, Klasnic and Petrov arn't putting the effort in.

y'see - that's just not true. last night at Arsenal Klasnic put in a full 90min harrying shift - nobody can seriously complain about his lack of effort last night - MoM performance had he put a couple of those 3 chances in...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Ah good, im not on my own in bigging up klasnic's fitness/attitude then. Been like that every game he has started IMO. Thing is he gets chances, which puts him above our other forwards i reckon...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Aye, been more impressed by Ivan's workrate this year. Needs someone more mobile next to him, but doesn't look disinterested any more.

In fairness, for most of this season Petrov has seemed more willing to track back and help out, he is just shit at it.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Klasnic works harder than Davies these days. His lack of effort is a bit like Jussi's shit kicking, it'll keep getting brought up even though it hasn't been the case in ages.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am

Coyle eyes early Lee return
Owen Coyle is hopeful that Lee Chung-yong will return to action this season and says he could even be back by March.

The Bolton winger sustained a double fracture to his lower right leg in a pre-season game against Newport County and it was initially feared that he would miss the entire 2011/12 campaign.

However, he has been working hard in his rehabilitation and Coylehas revealed that he is currently ahead of schedule.

Having returned to South Korea over the summer to spend time with his international team's doctors, Lee is now back with Bolton and showing signs of progress.

Coyle is still not sure exactly when the 23-year-old may be available for selection again, but remains optimistic that he could feature for a couple of months this term.

"At this moment in time, he's doing better than I would have envisaged," Coyle told the Bolton News.

"I don't want to get ahead of myself but I don't think it will be as bad as we first thought - i.e. the whole season - but what part of it he comes back is still very much up in the air.

"We could get him back March, maybe, but he's certainly doing well."
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I read that as 'what part of him comes back' :shock:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:Aye, been more impressed by Ivan's workrate this year. Needs someone more mobile next to him, but doesn't look disinterested any more.

In fairness, for most of this season Petrov has seemed more willing to track back and help out, he is just shit at it.
I think this is absolutely the case. He really is trying to do something out of his nature and that he's very poor at, but no-one can claim otherwise.

Klasnic is never going to be a massive 'work rate' player, but his general input and fitnesss are much improved this season.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Unless it was proper back to the wall stuff by that time then I wouldn't want him to return.

We need him back 100%, not 80% and then him getting injured again.