Time to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should we get rid of Owen Coyle?

Yes
38%
No
48%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 146

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Time to go

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:50 pm

FaninOz wrote:With the way that the Wolves v Wigan game is going we could be well and truely bottom the table tonight. Rodallega missed an absolute sitter, maybe miss of the season, but they are still 1-1 and marginally the better of two poor teams. They could easily win the game and if we don't win we become the strongest team in the league holding all the rest up!!
Glad to be wrong but Wigan shouldn't have lost that game.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Still unhappy with results, performances and decisions.
Talk us through todays game then.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Well done to the ones who backed Coyle throughout a difficult few weeks....

But I think ALL fans will enjoy this win the same, believe it or not no one actually wants the team or Coyle to struggle.

Coyle in (at least for a couple of weeks !)

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Gone a bit quiet haven't we chaps? I know it's only one result but I think we may have knee-jerked with the "Coyle outs!"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:50 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Gone a bit quiet haven't we chaps? I know it's only one result but I think we may have knee-jerked with the "Coyle outs!"

meh ..

still fearfull he'll be lookin' thru that first division goin'

"he might make a good right winger instead of that oriental fella"

or

"that fullback they spent millions on if i let him go for free i can get 2 more of my ex burnley players in with the money ive 'saved' like i did with that swedish midfielder that only scored 2 goals "

and similar.
Last edited by a1 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:57 pm

"What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

"Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary loadlifters—very similar to your vaporators in most respects."
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:59 pm

also...

they won and petrov didnt play

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

And yet Robinson was still easily our worst player.

He's going to have to find a new excuse pretty soon, isn't he, really?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:"What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

"Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary loadlifters—very similar to your vaporators in most respects."
Do you speak Bocce?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Gone a bit quiet haven't we chaps? I know it's only one result but I think we may have knee-jerked with the "Coyle outs!"
:roll:

That will all depend on whether next week he decides it would be a good idea to revert to playing Pratley in a 4 man midfield with Petrov and Eagles in it.

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Considering the injuries we have and the Budget we've got I think Coyle is doing fine. All in proportion. Hopefully we'll continue to climb and build from here. We have probably had the toughest fixtures at the beginning of the season, morale and confidence will be low. Today should be a turning point for us. There are more than three worse teams than us in the league....

COYW!!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:37 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Considering the injuries we have and the Budget we've got I think Coyle is doing fine. All in proportion. Hopefully we'll continue to climb and build from here. We have probably had the toughest fixtures at the beginning of the season, morale and confidence will be low. Today should be a turning point for us. There are more than three worse teams than us in the league....

COYW!!
The team he played today could have played most games this season

Drop Knight

Drop Petrov

Play Muamba

These have been the repeated calls of internet know nowts

It took Coyle 3 months to catch on

Credit where its due and hopefully he doesn't pick Pratley and Petrov at West Brom
Sto ut Serviam

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
LeeRoyBrown wrote:Considering the injuries we have and the Budget we've got I think Coyle is doing fine. All in proportion. Hopefully we'll continue to climb and build from here. We have probably had the toughest fixtures at the beginning of the season, morale and confidence will be low. Today should be a turning point for us. There are more than three worse teams than us in the league....

COYW!!
The team he played today could have played most games this season

Drop Knight

Drop Petrov

Play Muamba

These have been the repeated calls of internet know nowts

It took Coyle 3 months to catch on

Credit where its due and hopefully he doesn't pick Pratley and Petrov at West Brom
They've been some of the calls from the 'know nowts', along with Reo-Coker is shite, Eagles is a waste of space, I could go on... Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:41 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I've noticed in the last few games that Coyle has been sat on the bench, in shorts, leaning forward with his hands clasped, occasionally jumping up to shout instructions and encouragement to his players.

Whereas 18 months ago, he would be sat on the bench, in shorts, leaning forward with his hands clasped, occasionally jumping up to shout instructions and encouragement to his players.

I'm a student of body language and a student of the team. There are a few problems. The way Coyle sits on the bench is fairly low down the list.
Are you? Then I suppose you will have concluded that both his perpetual look of concern and head in hands for good parts of a game show a manager right on top of things. I have seen other managers pitchside do plenty of strange things including showing anger, kicking bottles, attempting to throttle the 4th official (or whatever they call themselves now) but OC appears to be a short way from rocking backwards and forwards on the bench with his thumb in his mouth.
Yep, I am. Watched him again yesterday. He spent most of the game sat on the bench, in shorts, leaning forward with his hands clasped, occasionally jumping up to shout instructions and encouragement to his players.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 pm

It'll just be our feckin' luck, that Wheater, Muamba, Mark Davies and Riley will get injured, meaning we'll have to stick in Knight, Pratley, Steinsson and Petrov
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:It'll just be our feckin' luck, that Wheater, Muamba, Mark Davies and Riley will get injured, meaning we'll have to stick in Knight, Pratley, Steinsson and Petrov

:doh:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:It'll just be our feckin' luck, that Wheater, Muamba, Mark Davies and Riley will get injured, meaning we'll have to stick in Knight, Pratley, Steinsson and Petrov
Never say anything like that ever, ever again, you fool.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 pm

:D

It's happened all season.. Such and such a player is shit, he finally gets dropped. Player who replaces him impresses then gets injured / suspended. shit player back in.

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:17 pm

You've gotta ask yourself who we'd replace Coyle with. Sven? Shteve McClaren? Neither are better than Coyle for me, and we probably couldnt even attract those two. The only manager avaliable thats better than him is Martin O'Neil, and thats an unrealistic venture.

I think his tactics can be a bit naive and his signings a bit small-time, but he's young an can only improve with time. Sacking him would be a disaster for the club, simple as that.

This has all probably been said already, but Im bored at work so shoot me :)
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 pm

I actually think a lack of realistic targets potentially saved him his job