We're hit and we know we are: Bolton vs Jackburn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Re: We're hit and we know we are: Bolton vs Jackburn

Post by ratbert » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 pm

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/pinch-yourselves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to boltonboris for this premium report!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:50 pm

ratbert wrote:http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/pinch-yourselves

Good stuff, boris. :D

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Yep, enjoyed that! Good read.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:And what the feck's it got to do with Jack Straw? Thought he'd be busy trying to force Mrs Venky to take her burka off in his presence. :conf:
Or, in her case, putting one on !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Whookam wrote:Let's not get carried away. We now need 9 wins from 22 games to get 39 points.

Not even a single positive word to say?

Yes we need 9 wins to get to 39 points.. but so do pretty much every team around us and 3 or 4 above us still need 8 wins..

Personally I'm taking it week by week and right now I'm happy to be 3 points away from getting out the bottom 3.

Sick of people going on about the 40 point mark.. maybe just maybe this is a year when the margin is a lot lower.. nobody can see into the future so nobody knows.. lets just enjoy the win and take it game by game.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Did anyone notice Petrov actually won a header leading upto our second goal? Cant remember Petrov ever winning a header :lol: always chickens out like a girl usually.. must want his place back in the team :) he certainly earned the shirt for the next few games.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:38 pm

ChrisC wrote:Did anyone notice Petrov actually won a header leading upto our second goal? Cant remember Petrov ever winning a header :lol:
I always expect to flick on the six o'clock news to find a story on about Petrov being done for war atrocities - He just that look about him :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Whookam wrote:Let's not get carried away. We now need 9 wins from 22 games to get 39 points.

Yes we need 9 wins to get to 39 points.. but so do pretty much every team around us and 3 or 4 above us still need 8 wins..

Personally I'm taking it week by week and right now I'm happy to be 3 points away from getting out the bottom 3.

Sick of people going on about the 40 point mark.. maybe just maybe this is a year when the margin is a lot lower.. nobody can see into the future so nobody knows.. lets just enjoy the win and take it game by game.
I imagine it won't be - a lot of teams are on a point per game or worse
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:53 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Let's be honest, if it's anything like after the Stoke game, then this win in isolation isn't worth jack. I'd be a lot more positive if we were out of the bottom three at the end of Jan, but until then, the organisation of our team this season hasn't warranted artificial positivity for the sake of it.

Good to get the win though.

As an aside, 40 points or more to stay up has only happened twice. Don't think it's ever dropped below 33 though., which is still 7 wins away.

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

that banger went off right at my feet, soiled myself

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Let's be honest, if it's anything like after the Stoke game, then this win in isolation isn't worth jack. I'd be a lot more positive if we were out of the bottom three at the end of Jan, but until then, the organisation of our team this season hasn't warranted artificial positivity for the sake of it.

As an aside, 40 points or more to stay up has only happened twice. Don't think it's ever dropped below 33 though., which is still 7 wins away.
Seven wins should be achievable... [famous last words?] And can we really go a whole season with no draws?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:47 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Seven wins should be achievable... [famous last words?] And can we really go a whole season with no draws?
I expect there'll be draws sooner or later, but you need three of them to equal a win. If we ended up with 6 draws, we'd then have 16 games to get 5-7 wins from which is some going, when you take away some games that we generally get nowt from...It's not impossible, but we're not near the bottom of the league because we're showing that sort of form. If we don't get 4 or 6 points from the next two, with three of them off Wolves, then I don't fancy our chances. But I haven't fancied our chances for a while now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Bottom line is that IF Blackburn was a turning point and some have realised what it takes then we have a chance.....

But lose the next two and we will be gone IMO...

It's as simple as that, this time we HAVE to use the result as a springboard.

Thing is take all the melodrama away from last night and there won't be many easier games than against a team in the bottom three with kids and wingers in their back four....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bottom line is that IF Blackburn was a turning point and some have realised what it takes then we have a chance.....

I thought you said we were already gone...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bottom line is that IF Blackburn was a turning point and some have realised what it takes then we have a chance......
Well, let's not kid ourselves here, in the 2nd half last night anyone other than Blackburn would've sunk us.

The winning feeling is one of absolute delight, but let's not lose sight of things.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Bottom line is that IF Blackburn was a turning point and some have realised what it takes then we have a chance......
Well, let's not kid ourselves here, in the 2nd half last night anyone other than Blackburn would've sunk us.

The winning feeling is one of absolute delight, but let's not lose sight of things.
Agreed but at least we saw a bit of fight last night that we haven't seen in the last four/five games
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Agreed but at least we saw a bit of fight last night that we haven't seen in the last four/five games
True, but what concerned me the most last night was that, in the second half when we were under the cosh, the back four were either grouped together on a sheet of A4 all going for the same ball, or, we were left with Cahill and Knight playing a two-man back four as both Robinson and Steinsson were up the field pretending to be Stanley Matthews and George Best!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:09 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Bottom line is that IF Blackburn was a turning point and some have realised what it takes then we have a chance.....

I thought you said we were already gone...
We looked it, like I say we will find out if it was a significant turnaround or not.

Let's hope it is!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Theres loads of teams looked shit and dead and buried all year just to snatch safety at the last gasp. Southampton and Coventry spent several decades perfecting this art.

I don't really give a shit how ugly or lucky it gets, would just be nice to stay up.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

See, its not quite that cut and dried

They couldn't have complained if we'd scored 6

We had the chances
Sto ut Serviam