Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by ChrisC » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Coyle has confirmed today that he has had "dialogue" with Chelsea about Cahill.. Done deal then by the sounds of it.

AVB said he wants to move quick for a defender which would be good for us rather then selling at the end of the window. I will go for a a decent fee aswell because Chelsea wont want to lose out.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Deal sorted for 5M apparently.

I'm sure some will complain but seems a decent price to me. Our own fault for not handling his contract properly.

Take the money and buy someone who wants to be here rather than someone who is coasting.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:22 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Deal sorted for 5M apparently.

I'm sure some will complain but seems a decent price to me. Our own fault for not handling his contract properly.

Take the money and buy someone who wants to be here rather than someone who is coasting.
Where's that from?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:buy someone who wants to be here rather than someone who is coasting.
He's not, that's just his style. And we'll miss it when he's gone and we're relying on folk with "heart" rather than brains, even if that "heart" usually translates as back-page drum-banging.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm

So nowhere near the 17 million then :lol: I wonder how Gartside feels now. No two ways about it, Bolton clearly miscalculated how much other teams wanted Cahill and expected bidding war in the summer. He's nowhere near Koscielny anyway. I remember people in here saying he will be worth keeping as he will keep us up. yeah right :crazy:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Abs wrote:So nowhere near the 17 million then :lol: I wonder how Gartside feels now. No two ways about it, Bolton clearly miscalculated how much other teams wanted Cahill and expected bidding war in the summer. He's nowhere near Koscielny anyway. I remember people in here saying he will be worth keeping as he will keep us up. yeah right :crazy:
Highest bid we received for Cahill in the summer was between 7 and 8 million...

That's a fact.

We are going to sell him for between 5 and 8 million depending upon where the Chelsea deal finally lands..

So you know we are not going to lose out very much!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Abs wrote:So nowhere near the 17 million then :lol: I wonder how Gartside feels now. No two ways about it, Bolton clearly miscalculated how much other teams wanted Cahill and expected bidding war in the summer. He's nowhere near Koscielny anyway. I remember people in here saying he will be worth keeping as he will keep us up. yeah right :crazy:
Oh, do feck off, you one-song tw*t.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:42 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Oh, do feck off, you one-song tw*t.
He's like one of those floaters you just can't get to flush away.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

5m sounds right .. but we will get more because Coyle is preaching about the deal so people will come in and knock the bid up.. Spuds will come back in and there is rumoured interest from Manure.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Do feck off you plank.. put Koscielny in our back line and he would fall to pieces.. it shows how piss poor your back line is when a team like Arsenal have defensive problems. You hold possession for the majority of games and still have been shown up in defence in the past few seasons..

If we had sold you Cahill in January you would be preaching how good a signing it was for Arsenal.. now feck off you sad prick.. how sad is your life that you sit watching a single topic on a Bolton forum waiting for the transfer window to come round..

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Arse priced out at £5m :lol:

You f****in sack of s**t prick.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:02 pm

On SSN now: Wenger has ruled out a move for Cahill.
But apparently he's after a left back. Any suggestions?
Businesswoman of the year.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:01 pm

You had your chance.

Spent your 10m on the internationally proven world beater that is Per Mertesacker instead of upping your bid.

I noticed he was made to look stupid again by the international quality world beater winger Mark Albrighton this week. :lol:

Looks as if you and Chelsea might be fighting for a Champions League place. How much is CL revenue and reputation worth to your club? My guess is more than the 2-3m extra it would have taken to sign Cahill.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:06 pm

You're all as bad as The General. Stop responding to his inconsequential brain farts.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:12 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Our own fault for not handling his contract properly.

Do you have to try very hard to appear thick as pig shite?
Sto ut Serviam

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Go on, I'll bite...

1- Financial insecurity or not, I fail to understand this policy we've had of offering players 3 years maximum- (most prevelant in the JE case, you don't break your club record fee then offer the bloke only 3 years)- and then break that unspoken but quite obvious pattern to give free agent Darren Pratley 4 years!

2- Sell 18 months ago or offer a new contract, don't hide under a rock and do neither

3- He's had a shit season by his or any of our other defenders standards. Not having the excuse that he's surrounded by crap, he's spent his entire Bolton career with the likes of OBrien, Meite, Knight etc. in 2008-10 he was playing on a different level and single handidly at times manning our defence and keeping us in games, that player isn't here anymore. Can't see why his talents have digressed so I can only assume his head is either at a new club or with England (he mentions how 'different' England/Bolton is at pretty much every opportunity)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:12 pm

1 How do you know what we offered him - Neither Elmander or Cahill are Darren Pratley so didn't have to take whatever offered, nor were they on Pratley money

2 Who says we didn't offer a new contract - did we reject anything approaching an acceptable offer?

3 Plain shite

So, you're posting your bollocks, digging at the club, all made from (possibly) incorrect assumption

And it's regressed, not digressed - thought a 'journalist' would know that
Sto ut Serviam

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Cracking deal! http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/540174030?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm sure making silly public valuations like 25-30m 18 months ago helped...

We've got more than a full team out of contract in the summer, we're letting an England regular go for less than 8m, we let our record signing leave on a free, we've let other commodities go for free in the past like Ben Haim, at some boardroom level, we're failing to maximise our profits on player sales.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Jokers in White wrote:Cracking deal! http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/540174030?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the deal mooted there, can't listen at the minute...