Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 am

SSN are saying now that Liverpool are ready to step in if he can't sort his shit out with Chelsea.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am

Abs wrote: just laughing at gartside for making fool of himself on twitter and now is getting raped by chelsea

We're still laughing at Wenger for making a derisory offer, given that your defence has let more goals in than Swansea and Sunderland and at this rate you might not even manage a Europa League spot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 am

Abs wrote:5 million with 2 million for appearance. Thats what bolton are getting. Can you get a better player for 5 million? Or should Bolton stand their way and realise Cahill could help them stay up and that would be worth more than 5 million. Thats the argument you guys used in the summer when Arsenal offered 12 million. 12 million with 2 million for appearance.

Im just laughing at gartside for making fool of himself on twitter and now is getting raped by chelsea
Arsenal never offered 12M they offered 5 with various add ons.

Chelsea 6 months later have offered us 7M straight.

Those are the facts. So don't come on here with your made up bullshit...

Only person who's been made a fool of is Wenger....

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:SSN are saying now that Liverpool are ready to step in if he can't sort his shit out with Chelsea.
Little bit in The Mirror about that too.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:05 pm

a1 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:His agents clearly a cock

I'll be amazed if Chelsea aren't offering him more than what he is on at the moment!
i think he's on anelka like money.

which iirc was nearly 70-odd grand a week

star man and all
Wow, I thought our 11 or so big players were on low 40's. From 40k there's a lot of room between that and what the big chelsea players are on (150k or so). He could have his wages doubled, for example.

If he's on 70k there's not that much room before he'd be a decent earner. Wouldn't be able to double his wages.

If it's a 4 or 5 year deal this is his one big chance at a jackpot before he starts to get a bit old, maybe you can understand his agent playing hardball on his behalf.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:46 pm

He's probably thinking being out of contract will enable him to get the transfer fee applied to his wages. Which is a fair decent amount. No doubt he'll want to be paid a decent amount comparable with the likes of Alex and Bosingwa.

He'll have a fair amount of ability to get a decent wage but I doubt its worth him arguing over a certain amount when theres plenty of other players they can go for. After all if Chelsea turn round and say no, then the chatting is out the window. Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. will probably still take him but on nowhere near as much wages.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Guess it depends if he wants to go somewhere he is likely to win something with, or if the money is more important.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Might be holding out for a Northwest club to give him a bid. After all less trouble upping your family and moving them across country

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 pm

He's not going to be earning £70k per week. Neither was Anelka. Made up rubbish
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:42 pm

i read in some paper that 'nelka were on 4m a year.. (at bolton, he were on 80kpw at chelsea at first i think)

that chelsea carnt sign up gary (and arsenal for that matter) makes me laugh , so, i think its true.

the scaremongering of villa buying him back for a fiver and , erm (noooooooo!!!) relegation clauses , had folk panicking , that they upped his wages and that to not lose him. they mustve really upped it. pmsl.

on the plus- its 70 grand coyle carnt give to 13 burnley players in the transfer window . although he's probably thinking of giving him away for free to get round that.

:/

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 am

None of that makes any sense. Even it did, it'd probably be a load of shite

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I wonder if he will play against Everton? Or will he be gone by then?

chelseaLad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chelseaLad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 am

Alright lads chelsea fan here, was just wondering a lot of stories re. Cahill and Chelsea/Bolton are written by Alan Nixon, is he like very reliable when it comes to bolton news?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 am

Apparently so.. He calls a few right before they hit the shelves, but he also gets some wrong. He basically reports whatever snippets his mate Coyle tells him

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 am

boltonboris wrote:Apparently so.. He calls a few right before they hit the shelves, but he also gets some wrong. He basically reports whatever snippets his mate Coyle tells him
Does he get them wrong or is it just the case that the situation changes after going to print?

I think its the latter.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 am

Thought you'd say something like that.. Could it not be for once, he's had duff information and is reporting a load of shite?

chelseaLad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chelseaLad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

I asked because today he (nixon) said the hold up is because we are waiting to get hold of Roman on his holiday to approve the personal terms. I can't see Cahill asking for 120k a week like the Express reckon.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

His agent is probably just starting as high as possible, so that when you knock him down (inevitably) he'll still get a good deal at the end of negotiations.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 am

If the rumours are true and they're only offering him 50k a week then I'm not surprised there has been a hold up- that can't be a world of difference to what he's on here: 5-10k-ish.

Doubt he's expecting six figures, but I reckon he has every right to shoot for between 60-80k given the massive jump in club stature and wage structure plus the fact they're getting him on the cheap as it is! He could easily wait 6 months and get 75k plus in a bidding war.

And RE: Nixon he's right more than he's wrong, especially regarding non-stories that get peddled around the national papers with regards to players we're interested in- but that's as much praise as I'll give him as the c*nt blocked me on twitter for daring to ask some legitimate questions of his best buddy Coyle! :lol:
Last edited by jimbo_bwfc on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:01 pm

From the reports I'd read, they were offering £70k and his agent was quoting £120k. so a £50k difference. They'll probably settle at about £75k - 80k